PDA

View Full Version : Can't disable Authentic TC ABS SC

finagle69
25-09-2017, 02:41
For racecars, I'm able to enable/disable aids if the car has it, but hypercars I get "Traction control N/A" and similar for ABS and SC. I would think these should be togglable, or am I doing something wrong?

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 02:42
For racecars, I'm able to enable/disable aids if the car has it, but hypercars I get "Traction control N/A" and similar for ABS and SC. I would think these should be togglable, or am I doing something wrong?

What type of assist do you have enabled on your gameplay? Maybe you're running authentic settings.

finagle69
25-09-2017, 02:44
What type of assist do you have enabled on your gameplay? Maybe you're running authentic settings.

I am running all Authentic, but I know it is possible to disable SC and TC in most hypercars per review vids.

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 02:45
I am running all Authentic, but I know it is possible to disable SC and TC in most hypercars per review vids.

Try with all off from "gameplay". I'll also write this down for further investigation.

finagle69
25-09-2017, 02:47
Try with all off from "gameplay". I'll also write this down for further investigation.

Yes, with Off or just selecting what I would want On, does work. Thanks for noting my report :)

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 02:48
Sure, took note. I'll run this myself and try. If there's something DEVs will need to resolve I'll report them or if I have a fix for you, I'll let you know

finagle69
25-09-2017, 02:54
Okay thanks. Particularly 720s, LaFerrari, Enzo, 918. These are the ones I've tried.

benneyb
25-09-2017, 06:08
Not sure if this is your same issue, but I noticed something similar with the BMW 1M, where I wanted to disable all TC and ABS - had to go into Edit Setup, the tab with "ECU" - down at bottom were TC and ABS settings I had to change to effectively "kill" these aids.

SteremyJeele
25-09-2017, 14:22
I was having this same issue, but I had a bit of a breakthrough last night. I think these cars just block you from changing those settings when in motion/fast motion. Try putting the car in neutral or going under 30mph when you change the setting. I was having trouble with the Huracan and Camaro ZL1 (saying Traction Control N/A), but doing this allowed those options to be turned on/off. In the ZL1, I was actually able to change it in-motion, as long as I had my foot on the clutch when I hit the TCS button.

finagle69
25-09-2017, 16:52
I'm pretty sure I tried while just sitting in the pits. I'll try it out again, though.

SteremyJeele
26-09-2017, 04:54
I'm pretty sure I tried while just sitting in the pits. I'll try it out again, though.

Ok I was wrong about the clutch thing, but I've figured it out. You have to turn Stability Control off first. This will automatically also disable TC, but once Stability is off, then you are able to control TC and ABS individually.

finagle69
26-09-2017, 22:23
Oh thank you. I will give this a try!

Edit. No dice. Couldn't change state of any of the aids in Authentic.

Maurice Boeschen
27-09-2017, 07:38
Ok I was wrong about the clutch thing, but I've figured it out. You have to turn Stability Control off first. This will automatically also disable TC, but once Stability is off, then you are able to control TC and ABS individually.

Disabling SC should not automatically disable TC.
But yes, to be able to activate or deactivate TC and ABS you first have to disable SC. Then you can click twice the button for TC or ABS and it should be OFF.

Bealdor
27-09-2017, 07:46
Disabling SC should not automatically disable TC.
But yes, to be able to activate or deactivate TC and ABS you first have to disable SC. Then you can click twice the button for TC or ABS and it should be OFF.

TC will always be activated when you turn on SC. That's by design.

Maurice Boeschen
27-09-2017, 07:53
TC will always be activated when you turn on SC. That's by design.

Thats correct but it does not deactivate itself when you turn off SC.
At least for me the TC is still on when I only disable SC. I have to manually turn off the TC also. But yes when you enable SC again and you had TC also disabled then both will be enabled again.

finagle69
27-09-2017, 18:43
Thats correct but it does not deactivate itself when you turn off SC.
At least for me the TC is still on when I only disable SC. I have to manually turn off the TC also. But yes when you enable SC again and you had TC also disabled then both will be enabled again.

That's how I would expect it to operate actually. But the issue I have is when settings on Authentic, ABS, TC, SC are all locked on and can't be disabled on track with mapped buttons (like they could in pcars1).

Mahjik
27-09-2017, 18:58
That's how I would expect it to operate actually. But the issue I have is when settings on Authentic, ABS, TC, SC are all locked on and can't be disabled on track with mapped buttons (like they could in pcars1).

Which mode? Quick Race, Practice, Time Trial?

finagle69
27-09-2017, 19:05
Which mode? Quick Race, Practice, Time Trial?

Quick Race and Practice. Have not tried it in TT.

finagle69
01-10-2017, 21:07
Just curious if this has been looked at/verified. This is still the case after the latest patch (which I know was MP focused).

Maurice Boeschen
01-10-2017, 21:13
Just curious if this has been looked at/verified. This is still the case after the latest patch (which I know was MP focused).

I think its just you who have this problem, did you deleted your Project CARS 2 folder in my documents?
For me its working, BUT you need to know that you first have to disable SC before you can disable TC and ABS.

finagle69
02-10-2017, 03:24
I think its just you who have this problem, did you deleted your Project CARS 2 folder in my documents?
For me its working, BUT you need to know that you first have to disable SC before you can disable TC and ABS.

Oh. Ok, I will try deleting the PC2 folder and report back. Thank you!

Edit: it seems a fresh start of wiping the documents folder has fixed this issue. I'm now able to disable SC then TC and ABS as I wish. Thanks for the answer. :)