PDA

View Full Version : Please display information between qualifying and race in multiplayer

Logeeker
25-09-2017, 02:55
A lot of people including me find it bit difficult to remember the race information after finishing qualifying. A lot of times I got into the qualifying in a hurry and didn't even know the number of laps in the race. The thing is after entering the qualifying, there is no way to find the race information without aborting the qualifying and go back to lobby to check such the info.

I felt like I got snaked today. The person who created the lobby enables mandatory pit stop in a 5 laps race in Spa-Francorchamps (and it was raining). Other than that person, no one actually noticed the mandatory pit stop and everyone got DQ when entering Lap 5. It was such a frustrating experience. I started 4th and made my way to 2nd. I felt like I had a really good chance to be on the podium. It really hurts to end a race like this. If there was race information such as number of laps and if there's mandatory pit stop after finishing qualifying, before the race started and also during the race, things could have been much better. Also it could be better to notify the player that there's mandatory pit stop in this race in a way that cannot be ignored (such as displaying a huge text in the middle of the screen) when player enters the last sector in 2nd last lap.

I think the player who created this lobby just took the scores on the license too serious. Please make the multiplayer experience more friendly to everyone.

Aldo Zampatti
25-09-2017, 02:58
A lot of people including me find it bit difficult to remember the race information after finishing qualifying. A lot of times I got into the qualifying in a hurry and didn't even know the number of laps in the race. The thing is after entering the qualifying, there is no way to find the race information without aborting the qualifying and go back to lobby to check such the info.

I felt like I got snaked today. The person who created the lobby enables mandatory pit stop in a 5 laps race in Spa-Francorchamps (and it was raining). Other than that person, no one actually noticed the mandatory pit stop and everyone got DQ when entering Lap 5. It was such a frustrating experience. I started 4th and made my way to 2nd. I felt like I had a really good chance to be on the podium. It really hurts to end a race like this. If there was race information such as number of laps and if there's mandatory pit stop after finishing qualifying, before the race started and also during the race, things could have been much better. Also it could be better to notify the player that there's mandatory pit stop in this race in a way that cannot be ignored (such as displaying a huge text in the middle of the screen) when player enters the last sector in 2nd last lap.

I think the player who created this lobby just took the scores on the license too serious. Please make the multiplayer experience more friendly to everyone.

Noted. But removed the "face"since there's no need of stressing frustration.

PhydomiR
25-09-2017, 06:03
Agreed. Was doing my first career race and on the starting grid menu i just couldn't find how many laps the race was and how much fuel i was going to need. Would be great if it would at least show the number of race laps on the screen you see just before starting the race.

resmania
25-09-2017, 06:19
We need
- Race info within a session
- Information feed for players, not just for spectators.
- Visible 'Next Session' timer
- More refined, game-wide chat system.