PDA

View Full Version : Laptimes depending on AI drivers (Game slow down over 15 AI)

Psychomatrix
25-09-2017, 03:20
I noticed that before. But I thought I didn't deserve a thread.
But as I saw that the difference that big and you can't run with 19 AI by full speed i think it's noticeable.
The example is Indy car and Indianapolis oval. But I noticed this on other tracks too.
With 31 AI I run laptimes over 50 seconds. With 19 43 seconds and last with 15 40,5 laptimes. Always full throttle.

So it's seems that the game is massively slowing down. Which is not great by a game that be a simulation because laptimes play a huge role in my view.

The question I have is. Is 16 AI the max. recommended number. If it so than OK. If there room for improvement OK too.
That issue is in PCars1 as well, but there you can run more than 20 AI before it slows down. I don't want blame anybody for that. It's maybe simply the limit of the hardware and even on low spec PC you must make compromises. But maybe it could be improved that's why I'm opening that thread. I've tested more than ones. On a TC Race I have the same there I was 7 sec slower with 25 AI

GTsimms
25-09-2017, 04:49
I noticed that before. But I thought I didn't deserve a thread.
But as I saw that the difference that big and you can't run with 19 AI by full speed i think it's noticeable.
The example is Indy car and Indianapolis oval. But I noticed this on other tracks too.
With 31 AI I run laptimes over 50 seconds. With 19 43 seconds and last with 15 40,5 laptimes. Always full throttle.

So it's seems that the game is massively slowing down. Which is not great by a game that be a simulation because laptimes play a huge role in my view.

The question I have is. Is 16 AI the max. recommended number. If it so than OK. If there room for improvement OK too.
That issue is in PCars1 as well, but there you can run more than 20 AI before it slows down. I don't want blame anybody for that. It's maybe simply the limit of the hardware and even on low spec PC you must make compromises. But maybe it could be improved that's why I'm opening that thread. I've tested more than ones. On a TC Race I have the same there I was 7 sec slower with 25 AI

It has been reported.