PDA

View Full Version : Where is my ghost?

That Dude There
25-09-2017, 06:32
In the time trial I am able to load the only 2 fastest time ghosts available, but not mine. I did finally get a lap that is saved, and I loaded it, but it doesn't show up on track. I just need to be able to beat my own ghost. When searching I can only find threads from PC1 on this.

Just a side gripe...why don't the ghost pop up automatically without loading it? Oh well, it is what it is. Can anyone help, or does anyone have this issue?

Thanks!

MXR SMILER
25-09-2017, 07:32
In community Events I had a similar issue - ghost was available for only one session and after this it failed to refresh. I think a gremlin took him out.:D

Leper Messiah
25-09-2017, 08:21
Yeah I must admit I find this a weird design decision, I much prefer the way other sims just put your fastest ghost on track as you cross the line, and a key press to hide/unhide it.

That Dude There
25-09-2017, 09:15
In community Events I had a similar issue - ghost was available for only one session and after this it failed to refresh. I think a gremlin took him out.:D

This is not a minor issue. I have heard people saying they feel ripped off, and now I know how they feel. I want to be hopeful that these things will get fixed fast, but right now I'm bummed. How is nobody talking about this?

That Dude There
25-09-2017, 09:22
For the car/track combo I want to improve the 2 ghost times i can choose from are way to fast for me, so the feature is broke for now.

P75
25-09-2017, 09:41
Yeah I must admit I find this a weird design decision, I much prefer the way other sims just put your fastest ghost on track as you cross the line, and a key press to hide/unhide it.

I like the way Sector 3 does it with RaceRoom. In RaceRoom you can also bind "restart time trial" to a key/button, something I miss a lot in PC2 where you have to press escape-->click "restart"-->click "yes"-->click "start" to have another go. It's not the end of the world not to have it, but it's certainly nice.

MXR SMILER
25-09-2017, 13:37
Ian Bell has admitted there are a number of bugs which have been identified and they are working on a patch at this very moment. As I am sure you will understand the Developers and their mods are fairly busy, so answering every post immediately is impossible. They are there, and answering questions, offering advice and solutions and making note of the bugs that we identify so they can give us the patch we all so desperately want. Does that qualify as 'talking about this'?

That Dude There
25-09-2017, 15:15
I mean us, the gamers. I don't expect SMS to say anything. I guess the thread i found from this year with a guy having the same problem with pc1 got me concerned.

JakeDiggitty
26-09-2017, 16:26
I love the time trial ghost setup and being able to add up to 3 ghosts from other peoples time trials.

I did not try adding my own fastest ghost, but I'm assuming that would have worked fine.

However I do agree you should also be able to switch between your fastest ever ghost and a session ghosts.

In addition to fastest and session, Should also be able to save and add your own custom ghosts.

Keep community time trial as it is, it's a great feature.

But, They need to also add a seperate custom time trial, where you can save and add up to 3 of own custom ghosts. This would allow you to also change the weather to snow or rain if desired and save/race your own ghost in this custom mode under customized weather. Need to be able to have ghosts also for other weather scenarios As part of PCars2 "drive anywhere any time any weather" model. PLEASE Add this custom time trial mode (separate from the fixed weather community time trial) !

That Dude There
26-09-2017, 20:11
Yes! I was so busy griping that i didn't say how i do like the 3 ghosts. Definitly don't change that.

That Dude There
27-09-2017, 04:24
Ok so good news. I was able to load my ghost. Instead of choosing "personal best", i chose "fastest friend" (which is my personal best). I don't know if i overlooked that, or if it was added. I assume i overlooked it. :(