PDA

View Full Version : Is USB keyboard compatibility a planned feature?

klorptar
25-09-2017, 07:21
Sorry if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but I was a little surprised that this didn't make it to release given that it was a feature in one. Has anyone from SMS mentioned whether this is a planned feature for a future update?

Dereenigne
25-09-2017, 07:58
Yeah me too, this was requested so much for pcars1 and such a great feature.
How many people have button boxes now that dont work?

Something i think could be a good addition is putting the seat adjustment in the little menu that can be brought up on screen. Changing cars is quite time consuming when you have to re configure 6x steering wheel buttons just to get a good driving position and then back to race spec steering wheel buttons.

edit
Just remembered that the game actually recognised the keyboard imputs when 2 keys are pressed, get multi imput message, so something is coded....

Slicker_VR
25-09-2017, 08:03
i was also surprised this was missing, i'm sure it will come soon won't it, devs??

Dereenigne
25-09-2017, 08:22
Yeah im sure it will come too, it has too, there's just too many settings for a game pad or wheel.

Another thing id like to see is press look left & look right to look behind, saves another button.

SIR_Driftalot
25-09-2017, 08:40
+1

This feature is sorely missed, and would solve most of my frustrations with the game ATM (bugs aside).

Civic
25-09-2017, 09:48
<<< Would also like to know

bradleyland
25-09-2017, 22:47
Sub'd for updates. So far, I noticed:

- I can use the Ctrl-K trick to move my camera around using a USB/BT keyboard.
- I cannot map any buttons using the same keyboard.

So, I suspect that the game is recognizing keyboard, but that we don't have button mapping there yet.

I'm a little concerned that this may be part of some new kind of Sony policy :distress:

Ivan Dumalovski Janjusic
27-09-2017, 09:22
Here is your answer :-)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52849-PC2-on-PS4-and-external-Keyboard&p=1368286&viewfull=1#post1368286

valdrim
27-09-2017, 09:57
But numerical keyboard are working right now?

I cannot post links but in this forum at the Thread "Too many buttons to map, what is your solution?" #3 is using this kind of keyboard.

Djuvinile
27-09-2017, 12:20

I cannot post links but in this forum at the Thread "Too many buttons to map, what is your solution?" #3 is using this kind of keyboard.

untill now it isnt possible with keyboard or numpad. they had a workaround of some kind with a DS4 controller but dont know if inputs of 2 seperate controllers can be used.

bradleyland
27-09-2017, 22:09

Right now, you cannot map functions to a keyboard.

In the future, you will be able to map functions to a keyboard.

Roger Prynne
27-09-2017, 22:12
It's coming in the next patch guys.

klorptar
28-09-2017, 05:52

Awesome. Thanks for the reply. Any word on a time frame?

Siberian Tiger
28-09-2017, 06:02
Time Frame: Anything between now and later :p

Depends on the Certification Process of Sony/MS.

klorptar
29-09-2017, 00:27
Time Frame: Anything between now and later :p

Depends on the Certification Process of Sony/MS.

Lol. I'm not sure what kind of response I expected. Though I assume that means that a patch has been submitted?

zzz_pt
29-09-2017, 00:46

Sweet! Will we get a menu in the settings with it?

bradleyland
05-10-2017, 20:21
Sweet! Will we get a menu in the settings with it?

If it works anything like pCARS 1, you'll use the same interface you use to assign controller/wheel buttons. You simply go to the Edit Assignments screen, select the function you want to map, and press the corresponding keyboard key. No specific settings menu required.