PDA

View Full Version : Ruapuna Park Formula Rookie ICE Tyres BUG

Night0wl75
25-09-2017, 07:50
hey y'all, like the title says, the ice tyres for Ruapuna Park in Formula Rookie Asia championship, are none existant! all types of tyres are completely useless on the iced up track (i read on google search its because the ice tyres are not implemented correctly!!?)
now as i said, ive tried ALL types of tyres & i cant even keep in a straight line with any setup (Gamepad with low TCS & ABS) yet the ai are on rails!! i mean really.......? :mad: i had to bail on the race & lost precious champ points (still ending up winning champ by 3 points luckily) so i wasnt impressed! would love to know how the devs missed this & still havent done a quick tweak patch!? (yup id even tried stability control on & high TCS/ABS) so to sum it up, tyres fine for ai, yet player gets no viable ice tyres!?

Also couple of other gripes about the game from my few hrs on formula rookie champs, the virtual mirror disappearing until you go back into hud options - i mean really!
Career profile says something like "invalid game" (im not yet an invalid so dont like being treated like one! :p ) oh & the complete cherry on top, is the ai, i qual on pole, like have 0.5 to 1.5 secs gap over 2nd, few mins left in qual, then end qual......bam im down to last (or close to) on grid as ai magically does last lap(s) way faster than me! (basically i gotta finish all of qual session, every last min, shambolic!!)

ok so this is a sort of bug submission & also a boot up the ass to the devs! :p as this is shoddy stuff to find so many bugs in just a few short hours of play!

oh & yeah ive experienced the "lap down" bug despite pulling off from pole into a substantial lead...classic. (p.s restart of race worked out okay)

Siberian Tiger
25-09-2017, 07:51
Know Issue, sadly the Ice Tires (studded ones) have a BUG in Release Version.

It should be fixed soon ;)

Night0wl75
25-09-2017, 07:55
cheers ST, yeah it should be fixed SOON lol - what gets me is a bug for human/player yet ai just coasts along nicely with their nice studded ice tyres! :confused:

Siberian Tiger
25-09-2017, 07:59
Well, AI and Player aren't on the same Tires.

AI uses the SETA V1 - Tire Modell on Project Cars 1.
The Players have a much envolved SETA Modell on Project Cars 2.

So they need to be treathed an balanced eachother.

Night0wl75
25-09-2017, 08:01
Oh okay ST, thanks for info - but this is a pretty sizeable bug to slip through the net at release (along with others i mentioned, particularly ai doing crazy last min laps when i end qual a min or 2 early) but hey i know all games have bugs at release!

Siberian Tiger
25-09-2017, 08:03
Well, i can assure you that it is extremly complex... And even with that much WMD Members some things slipped trough ;)

Night0wl75
25-09-2017, 08:06
yeah i dont doubt its complex (not like a simple text edit would fix the issue unfortunately) - formula rookie & Ruapuna ice track is early game stuff tho so very surprised this wasnt caught...just musing, ignore me! :)
cheers & enjoy your day ST!

hapklaar
30-09-2017, 13:22
Well, i can assure you that it is extremly complex... And even with that much WMD Members some things slipped trough ;)

I don't understand this. Everyone that does this championship, including testers, will encounter this bug.

PS I play this game using Oculus Rift and when I turn my head in the car on this track, I see my rear wheels are equipped with slicks, not ice tyres I do have on the front and the AI has on both front and rear. The car is probably undrivable because of that. In the setup I do have front and rear equipped with ice tyres.

PS2 I'm playing version 1.1.3.2 and the bug is still there

hapklaar
01-10-2017, 12:19
Wondering if this issue is still on the radar, or if the devs think that it's fixed. Can someone who knows comment?

Night0wl75
01-10-2017, 12:22
I don't understand this. Everyone that does this championship, including testers, will encounter this bug.

PS I play this game using Oculus Rift and when I turn my head in the car on this track, I see my rear wheels are equipped with slicks, not ice tyres I do have on the front and the AI has on both front and rear. The car is probably undrivable because of that. In the setup I do have front and rear equipped with ice tyres.

PS2 I'm playing version 1.1.3.2 and the bug is still there

yeah i havent tried ruapuna with formula rookie cars since, but u say the bug is still there? c'mon this shouldnt have slipped through, what....3 patches??
also i hadnt played for a few days (bit annoyed at the formula rookie oversight) & when i loaded up the game, all my formula rookie progress was gone & the game had me as never even raced!! :mad: (bear in mind id won the asia, brit and euro F-rookie champs!) - all wiped! amusing! with forza 7 just around the corner i was hoping pcars 2 was gonna bring its A game...hey we know ALL games have bugs, but jeez these are pretty extreme & blemish early game progress & fun!

hapklaar
01-10-2017, 13:12
yeah i havent tried ruapuna with formula rookie cars since, but u say the bug is still there? c'mon this shouldnt have slipped through, what....3 patches??
also i hadnt played for a few days (bit annoyed at the formula rookie oversight) & when i loaded up the game, all my formula rookie progress was gone & the game had me as never even raced!! :mad: (bear in mind id won the asia, brit and euro F-rookie champs!) - all wiped! amusing! with forza 7 just around the corner i was hoping pcars 2 was gonna bring its A game...hey we know ALL games have bugs, but jeez these are pretty extreme & blemish early game progress & fun!

Aww that sucks man. I do love this game in VR, for which I specifically bought it, but it still needs some tlc to iron out all the wrinkles. Just did some private testing with some open cars of which the wheels are visible to me and found out this issue is present on all. In short it's not possible to fit rear ice tyres.

Night0wl75
01-10-2017, 19:09
Aww that sucks man. I do love this game in VR, for which I specifically bought it, but it still needs some tlc to iron out all the wrinkles. Just did some private testing with some open cars of which the wheels are visible to me and found out this issue is present on all. In short it's not possible to fit rear ice tyres.

just peachy, how therefore did such a glaring bug skip all this supposed testing, especially when one of the first series (F-Rookie Asia) has ruapuna ice racing........ :confused: also the career wipe/corruption i got, if it happens again, im done with pcars 2, already ordered forza7 for pc...hoping they'll get it right!
what also makes me mad is the overwhelming positive reviews by sites/media etc not mentioning any of these glaring issues, it would have put me off buying the game, at least for the time being!!

Mad Al
01-10-2017, 19:45
just peachy, how therefore did such a glaring bug skip all this supposed testing, especially when one of the first series (F-Rookie Asia) has ruapuna ice racing........ :confused: also the career wipe/corruption i got, if it happens again, im done with pcars 2, already ordered forza7 for pc...hoping they'll get it right!
what also makes me mad is the overwhelming positive reviews by sites/media etc not mentioning any of these glaring issues, it would have put me off buying the game, at least for the time being!!

Backup the career save files.. they are in Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\<your Steam ID>\project cars 2\careersaves

one file per active career.

(Windows File History will do it for you if you happen to have a drive to use for it.. just tell it to monitor your Documents Folder, it will take a backup of changed files every few hours.)

Night0wl75
02-10-2017, 01:46
Backup the career save files.. they are in Documents\Project CARS 2\savegame\<your Steam ID>\project cars 2\careersaves

one file per active career.

(Windows File History will do it for you if you happen to have a drive to use for it.. just tell it to monitor your Documents Folder, it will take a backup of changed files every few hours.)

yup thanks mate, i often backup my game files for every game in case of corruption etc, BUT on this occasion coz id only done 2 sessions i hadnt saved the save/profile folder to another drive, i can only assume one of the patches corrupted my career...just grateful i hadnt spent like 30 hrs or something into it. :rolleyes: