PDA

View Full Version : G27 ffb setup help

DiederickKwarktas
25-09-2017, 07:53
Hi,

For the life of me I cant get my g27 set up properly. Its making it very hard to enjoy the driving :(
Anyone who is running a g27 who is willing to help me out? Would be much appreciated!

could_do_better
25-09-2017, 08:01
G25 here, but this feels pretty good to me. Try the Nissan in the community event at Algarve. Completely epic, the most incredible single player experience I've ever had and I've been gaming since I got a ZX81 aged 11! Felt totally drained after 20 laps, didn't get to sleep for 2 hours thinking about where to improve.

Not all cars are dialed in this well, I found the Z4 needed a lot more bite at turn in and a bit more rear down force, but the race engineer soon sorted me out. I also tend to shift the brake balance back a bit and reduce brake pressure 5-8%.

Der Hausmeister
25-09-2017, 08:21
I have found it quite difficult to dial in my G27 too. I feel that the wheel is still a bit too light, yet I cannot feel very much feedback from the kerbs. I also can't tell from the FFB when I am driving the car on the limit. I have no feeling for upcoming understeer and can only react when it is far too late. I only have the tyre squeal to go by.

azynkron
25-09-2017, 10:07
I have found it quite difficult to dial in my G27 too. I feel that the wheel is still a bit too light, yet I cannot feel very much feedback from the kerbs. I also can't tell from the FFB when I am driving the car on the limit. I have no feeling for upcoming understeer and can only react when it is far too late. I only have the tyre squeal to go by.

Check your Logitech Profiler so that is set up correctly.

DiederickKwarktas
25-09-2017, 10:13
This is exactly how my experience has been :(

DiederickKwarktas
25-09-2017, 10:13

This is exactly how my experience has been :(

Ian Cameron
25-09-2017, 10:22
Hi,

For the life of me I cant get my g27 set up properly. Its making it very hard to enjoy the driving :(
Anyone who is running a g27 who is willing to help me out? Would be much appreciated!

Try Jack spades setups on this forum's sticky threads. play around with them until you find what you like. i use alt mid comp.
Keep Gain at 100 all others 50, menu spring 0 also change steering speed in configuration to 45.
Logitech profiler, overall 100 all rest 0 degrees of rotaion 900.
Make sure you configure your wheel in game.
seems to work nicely for me. hope this helps

drathuu
25-09-2017, 10:31
Running a G29 -

I run Immersive as RAW will only give you steering rack forces.. Gain on 100 (Default).. and FX at 80 or so, to get track feel and kerbs.
If you want more weight play with Gain, however it will take some detail away from the FX slider.

DiederickKwarktas
25-09-2017, 11:08
G25 here, but this feels pretty good to me. Try the Nissan in the community event at Algarve. Completely epic, the most incredible single player experience I've ever had and I've been gaming since I got a ZX81 aged 11! Felt totally drained after 20 laps, didn't get to sleep for 2 hours thinking about where to improve.

Not all cars are dialed in this well, I found the Z4 needed a lot more bite at turn in and a bit more rear down force, but the race engineer soon sorted me out. I also tend to shift the brake balance back a bit and reduce brake pressure 5-8%.

Thanks for the setup! Its a bit heavy for my taste but a good starting point non the less.

Ian Cameron
25-09-2017, 11:23
I believe RAW is designed for people with Direct input wheels

could_do_better
25-09-2017, 11:27
No RAW give the rack feel, similar to one of the most used Rfactor Mods, RealFeel.
It might not convey the rear wheels of any SOP, but it isn't too filtered so is much more dynamic. As ever its a question of taste and it has the issue that there is no compression so you might have to change the Gain/Volume for radically different cars.

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 11:35
I believe RAW is designed for people with Direct input wheels

Partly true.

4dri3l
25-09-2017, 12:44
unless something change (or for some miracle sms decides to explain how to use the custom ffb file (wich will never happen)), i will stick with the default imersive preset, wich i think is more consistent across all cars... the jack files introduce some oddities on the g27 that i dont really like..

DiederickKwarktas
25-09-2017, 12:46
Running a G29 -

I run Immersive as RAW will only give you steering rack forces.. Gain on 100 (Default).. and FX at 80 or so, to get track feel and kerbs.
If you want more weight play with Gain, however it will take some detail away from the FX slider.

Yeah ive switched to immersive now and its allot better!