PDA

View Full Version : Online Performance Issues

NexusG
25-09-2017, 09:01
I'm having some major issues when playing online which are rendering the game almost unplayable.

Worst is when the screen freezes for a second (or more) which usually results in a crash as the game continues in the background. This happens in nearly every race.

I get frame stutters at random places during racing. This is usually during the first lap of a race - as if something is still loading.

During racing, the game seems to detect microphone sound from somewhere which causes the game to stutter - the microphone and kinect are both switched off.

On one race, the game froze at the startline. A number of cars then crashed into me from behind which ruined the start for a number of players, and unfortunately there was nothing I could do to prevent it.

During one particular race, I finished first, took the chequered flag, congratulations from Ben Collins, and then when the results came up I was fourth?

All-in-all, I played for around 6 hours online last evening and only managed about three decent races in that time. It was virtually unplayable. Is there anyone else seeing these issues?

Singleplayer has the occasional stutter but for the rest works great and is thoroughly enjoyable.

WIGG77
25-09-2017, 09:07
I can't comment on the freezing and stuttering but as far as the finishing 4th I had this last night on the PC. Turns out I had a time penalty for speeding in the pit lane. You sure you didn't cut a corner, bump anther car or something like that?

nemo06
25-09-2017, 09:07
During one particular race, I finished first, took the chequered flag, congratulations from Ben Collins, and then when the results came up I was fourth?

The same to me in Monza.

NexusG
25-09-2017, 14:12
I can't comment on the freezing and stuttering but as far as the finishing 4th I had this last night on the PC. Turns out I had a time penalty for speeding in the pit lane. You sure you didn't cut a corner, bump anther car or something like that?

Pretty sure, usually the penalties are shown in the top left of the screen with the current times; DT = Drive Through (I've had a few of them) and +10 for 10 second penalty. So I don't think I had received anything ... but maybe it had escaped my notice.