PDA

View Full Version : VR Rift - don't see car/track, only mirror and trackmap

sherpa25
25-09-2017, 09:10
If you need to report a problem or ask for assistance, start with the following:

List your system specifications - i5-4670k (4.3GHz), 980Ti, 16Gb RAM, Win10
List your running software, anti-virus, overlays, game trackers, etc.. - Win Defender, Oculus Home. Launch parameter for pcars2.exe -VR (also tried -othervr)
If it's something graphical, provide a screenshot or video demonstrating the issue. - UI is fine. Happens only when Starting, going out of pits to track. Screen is black mostly, don't see the car/track, only see Race Start counter, mirror and trackmap (miniature). (Figuring out how to capture screen.)
If you have steps to reproduce the issue, list those in chronological order to reproduce the issue. - Just choose any car/track, and start.

Another issue is I can't seem to modify the HUD, but I'll post another thread with more details.

Mad Al
25-09-2017, 09:17
If you need to report a problem or ask for assistance, start with the following:

List your system specifications - i5-4670k (4.3GHz), 980Ti, 16Gb RAM, Win10
List your running software, anti-virus, overlays, game trackers, etc.. - Win Defender, Oculus Home. Launch parameter for pcars2.exe -VR (also tried -othervr)
If it's something graphical, provide a screenshot or video demonstrating the issue. - UI is fine. Happens only when Starting, going out of pits to track. Screen is black mostly, don't see the car/track, only see Race Start counter, mirror and trackmap (miniature). (Figuring out how to capture screen.)
If you have steps to reproduce the issue, list those in chronological order to reproduce the issue. - Just choose any car/track, and start.

Another issue is I can't seem to modify the HUD, but I'll post another thread with more details.

Have you tried changing camera and also tried a Center VR View

(in case you missed it, there is a button assignment under Options -> Controls -> Edit Assignments -> Camera & View
It's the third from bottom)

Morgan Henstridge
25-09-2017, 09:53
Also assign a button to Change Camera, and see if you can toggle through the camera views.

sherpa25
25-09-2017, 09:55
Have you tried changing camera and also tried a Center VR View

(in case you missed it, there is a button assignment under Options -> Controls -> Edit Assignments -> Camera & View
It's the third from bottom)

Yes, assigned to a wheel button. UI is centered already. Actually even the car is centered as if I leave pits, the rearview mirror shows the track. It's just my front view that's black. Also, even while in pits (before driving) you should already be able to see the car/track, but in my case its black too, and I can only see the UI interface. Will try F12 screenshot.

Morgan Henstridge
25-09-2017, 10:18
I'd also try and Verify the Game Files in Steam, that sounds like something may be corrupt.

sherpa25
25-09-2017, 10:20
I'd also try and Verify the Game Files in Steam, that sounds like something may be corrupt.

Yes, thanks....sorry I failed to mention that's I'd done that already before reporting.

sherpa25
25-09-2017, 14:17
Update: solved by deleting MyDocuments\Pcars2 folder. Annoying though to have to re-setup everything again, hope it doesn’t recur.

Mods pls edit title. Thanks.