PDA

View Full Version : brakepedal G920 too sensitive when rubber removed

scorelord
25-09-2017, 09:23
I removed the rubber from my G920 to fix my brake problems in F1 2017 and Forza. This was too stiff for my likings and pushed myself up in my Challenge Playseat. (even pushed the pedalmount out of its fitting) However, I cannot brake properly in PC2. Too sensitive right now, even with assists on it's beyond hard to brake consistently...

Can anyone relate, or have some compensation settings? How's braking with the rubber not removed?

pappakaj
25-09-2017, 09:48
I haven't removed the rubber on my g920. But I had to put brake sensitivity up to 90 to get full force when braking.

Lewy
25-09-2017, 09:56
You need to get the GTEYE spring mod. I did the same thing and also swapped the old brake spring to the clutch, and the clutch to the accelerator. Feels like a totally different pedal set. Highly recommend it.
It gets rid of the toy like feeling too with the stiffer accelerator.
Played all day yesterday on PC2 and didn’t have a single problem with pedals or wheel so not sure.

MXR SMILER
25-09-2017, 09:59
I have done the same but replaced the rubber with a foam insert cut out of a packaging insert.I found that something with the consistency of a stress ball is good.Works really well for me, but the best option is a conical mod and re-engineered Spring called GTEye available on the Internet. I am using no assists and am finding the braking a little aggressive. There are a few options - decrease brake pressure - adjust sensitivity - buy better pedals. Hope there is something useful here for you......

scorelord
25-09-2017, 10:51
Thanx will look into this. Interesting this GTEYE spring. Just to be sure, I should leave the rubber thingy out right? Googling on the conical mod points me to another brand. Any info on that?

Lewy
25-09-2017, 11:18
Thanx will look into this. Interesting this GTEYE spring. Just to be sure, I should leave the rubber thingy out right? Googling on the conical mod points me to another brand. Any info on that?

Yeah leave that rubber out. I went for the GTEYE spring because it just seemed easy and cheap and if it didn’t help it wouldn’t be a big loss but it really does make a huge difference.
You can feel the progression of the pedal more and actually go more on the feel of braking rather than just stomping on it.
Also, if your just changing the one spring you can do it without actually taking the the whole thing apart.
It can be swapped from behind the actual pedal. Takes 5 mins or less.

Chunsey Wang
25-09-2017, 14:49
Hi

Sorry, this may not help you if you have modified your pedals but I also have a g920 and all I had to do in pc2 and pc was when i calibrated the pedals I just pressed the brake to where I wanted it to be on full brake lock and didn't force all the way down.

Although you could still maybe try messing with calibration,sensitivity and deadzone to see if u have any results.

T Ghost
25-09-2017, 15:35
I got the brake mod for G27/29/920 from www.3DRap.it/logi-mods. Simulates the piston feeling really well. I got the "console" version.

fishaac
25-09-2017, 17:15
Just adjust your braking deadzones in the settings

Psychomatrix
25-09-2017, 17:45
I have no issue with the rubber. It gives me more feedback then without. When the pedal is too sensitive you should play with brake lineraty. There you can set that pedal is not to sensitive.