PDA

View Full Version : AI Fast out of the box

DozUK
25-09-2017, 09:32
I'm running the clio career, it takes me around 4 - 5 laps on Brands Hatch indy to get the back tyres green (Starting with the lowest pressures). Until then, the car slides at the back under any type of speed. Once all 4 tyres are green and the track rubbers, the car sticks and can be driven aggressively round the track to a decent time.

The ai gets it's fastest times straight from it's outlap. I cannot see how this is possible to achieve it's fastest times with cold rear tyres in that car. I understand they don't use the same tyre model, but it's not realistic and takes a bit of shine away as I can't compete until around 5 laps in. I can have roughly an 11 second gap from 1st lap to 5th-6th lap but ai times are consistent.

Paulpg87
25-09-2017, 12:33
there is a problem with tyres temperature which makes ginetta gt5, clio cup and formula rookie unplayable. In ginetta gt5 i made full 15 minutes qualifying and the tyres were about to turn green. Look in the AI not affacted by weather and ginetta tyre temp thread.

PeteUplink
25-09-2017, 12:41
The AI aren't affected by the lack of grip the player suffers at the start of a weekend when the rubber hasn't built up on the track. I noticed this in a GT3 race at Silverstone. I started the race without a practise or qualifying, and the AI left me for dead through all the fast corners, particularly turn 1 and turn 9. Once the Live Track 3.0 system had decided that rubber had started to build up on the track, I could take the fast corners at the same speed as the AI, and as the race wore on I was actually faster than them.

honespc
25-09-2017, 12:44
AI is always faster than player in the first laps across all disciplines. Happened in pc1 as well.

slider916
25-09-2017, 13:01
AI is always faster than player in the first laps across all disciplines. Happened in pc1 as well.

This shouldn't be the case though and should've been fixed and tested before release.

Doug914
25-09-2017, 19:31
Said it elsewhere already, but i’ll say it again. The GT5 and Clio Cup tires are updated for the next patch.

DozUK
25-09-2017, 19:39
Thanks Doug, sorry I hadn't read it