PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request: Show safety ranks prominently, in-race and in player list UIs

CodeCmdr
25-09-2017, 10:42
I think it would be helpful to show player safety ranks more prominently, both in-race as part of the player name/ping tag that gets blended in above players, as well as in the various UIs which show a list of players.

Currently, the safety ranks are hidden behind the player details UI. If I want to check if there are any high-risk drivers in the race, I currently have to check the details one by one at the beginning of the race and remember them in my head.

takaii
25-09-2017, 11:36
I agree so much. It would be so great to have as detail!

one more thing that annoys me is:
- one example: Lets say a lobby has E1000 rank minimum limit but however it seems it still be joined by lower ranked like U1300 and lower if they are friends to someone in the race.

They should deserve to be in that race. They should be over E1000 regardless i dont want any U1300 ranked players in a E1000 limit game!
Just because they are friends they shouldnt be able to join. A driver gets U1300 for a reason, just because they are friends doesnt make them safe drivers. Stupid to allow that it kinda destorys the whole purpose off having a limit barrier

Worst thing as well is i still dont know if the driver behind me is a safety risk. Dumb system to allow sush thing. Worst is
we dont know what the driver behind us has....

Gobby
25-09-2017, 13:32
You're correct that a 'U' shouldn't be able to join a minimum 'E' ranked server.
But you do realise that 1300 is a better 'skill' rating than 1000 right? It starts at 1500, and goes all the way up to 5000 for the 'highest skilled/fastest' racers.

takaii
25-09-2017, 13:46
You're correct that a 'U' shouldn't be able to join a minimum 'E' ranked server.
But you do realise that 1300 is a better 'skill' rating than 1000 right? It starts at 1500, and goes all the way up to 5000 for the 'highest skilled/fastest' racers.

Yeah i know! I mean the letter ranks in this example.
Aka safety ranks! Thanks for agreeing! U ranks should not
be in F,E,D,C,B,A ranked games like F shouldnt be in a E ranked game and so on.

CodeCmdr
25-09-2017, 16:14
Yeah, I also noticed that U-ranked people can somehow enter F+ lobbies and also figured it's via friend-invites. That shouldn't be possible in my opinion.

takaii
25-09-2017, 21:24
Yeah, I also noticed that U-ranked people can somehow enter F+ lobbies and also figured it's via friend-invites. That shouldn't be possible in my opinion.

im glad more totally agree on this! Its safety risk for us all to allow U ranked players. From F ranked races and up all issues during a race from another driver into me have allways been the U ranked players. Never had any issue with F and up