PDA

View Full Version : Snow in summer?

edcwhite
25-09-2017, 11:22
I setup a 30min open wheel race in July divided into three groups, partly cloudy, random and then partly cloudy again. Outside temperature was 31 C at race start. 10 minutes into the race the random weather event occurred and and it... started snowing with an outside air temp of 29 C. I had assumed that since the option of season is provided that choosing random weather would not give me snow in summer.

Right now random weather is useless to me as I have no interest in racing in the snow and there doesn't appear to be anyway to make the weather make the least bit of since short of defining it manually which takes much of the fun/suspense out of it.

gp20
25-09-2017, 11:45
With global warming everything is possible like having 32C track with rain at night and 17C ambient air.

Cornflex
25-09-2017, 12:15
Would be really useful if weather conditions were connected to seasons. It just doesn't make sense the way it is right now.

Killso2
25-09-2017, 12:32
Would be really useful if weather conditions were connected to seasons. It just doesn't make sense the way it is right now.
It should be the case I think, or at least, I'm sure the dev wanted it to be connected to the season.

Cornflex
25-09-2017, 12:39
No, it is not. There may be snow in summer when randomized weather slots are used.

Scott1904
19-02-2018, 14:34
HI, snow in summer could be, but when it snows it should be melt immediately on the track. please implement this or link seasons to random possibilities.

GenBrien
19-02-2018, 15:43
HI, snow in summer could be, but when it snows it should be melt immediately on the track. please implement this or link seasons to random possibilities.

it COULD be, its very rare , but not when its +20 celcius

I really hope it'll be fixed one day because random is useless/unrealistic so far

Scott1904
19-02-2018, 15:46
The random weather have also a much biger problem. I meantioned this in another threat. When you use random weather slots in all of your online sessions. Then the random slots will only generated for the first session, like training, all other session(quali and race) will take over the random results from the first session. that completly crazy and i hate it so much. It should be generated new for every session. I wait since release for a fix.

OddTimer
19-02-2018, 16:33
It is a shame that SMS went through the trouble and probably really hard work to bring this new weather system and when it comes to randomizing it, it simply does not work well. Not sure this will ever patched, so at the minute you have to select the weather manually which spoils the fun.

GenBrien
19-02-2018, 17:23
in hte mean time there is that http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56777-quot-Custom-Random-Weather-Automator-quot

Scott1904
19-02-2018, 18:01
Looks good, but only offline. And I they should fix the problems without additional tools.

Bealdor
21-02-2018, 12:58
The "Snow in summer" issue should be fixed since patch 3.
Snow should now only be included in the random weather cycle during winter and snow season.