PDA

View Full Version : Are ginetta Jr's hard AF this year?

marcdxn
25-09-2017, 11:27
Ginetta Jr's is my starting point because I want to move up to GT and Endurance racing.

I can take a Gt3 out and have a great time but my Ginetta Jr career is starting to do my head in.

The AI are incredible... Like I can't put down a lap anywhere near as nice as the top 10. Setup is limited in ginettas so I can't quite get to grips with it

They can nail the corners, sometimes they are nailing corners flat, I've checked in the spectating area and they are absolutely nailing corners that I'm feathering through and fighting the wheel left to right the whole way like being on a knife edge there just isn't anymore grip.

How's everyone who's taken the ginetta Jr's finding the career? I've dropped the difficulty level down right into the green and they are Dam good still.

I've watched many many ginetta Jr races at oulton park and the 14 year old kids don't look be fighting the car like the tyres have had butter spread on them.

Tyres are up to temp for the most part, takes a good 4 laps in the ginetta Jr to try them gloing.

AI will brake later too impossibly later.

So I loaded up project cars 1 took a ginetta Jr out in a race and flew, breaking fine cornering ok and beating the AI at 90% difficulty

Any oppinions on this, have the ginettas become more of a handful any tips if you are having a successful career with them.

danowat
25-09-2017, 11:29
Not sure if the console versions are different, but I've found the Ginetta Jr easy, even with the AI at 90 I can put a few seconds into the fastest AI.

marcdxn
25-09-2017, 11:31
What sort of tyre pressure are you using with them, have you adjusted them in anyway

danowat
25-09-2017, 11:33
Default setup, apart from fuel load.

But it's probably best not to compare between platforms, the PC and console releases appear to be in quite different places.

Mad Al
25-09-2017, 11:41
Try the stable setup (load setup, all tracks.. there are two defaults, with a wheel you will probably be on loose)

marcdxn
25-09-2017, 11:45
I'll give it a try.

:cool:

Try the stable setup (load setup, all tracks.. there are two defaults, with a wheel you will probably be on loose)

bigair199
25-09-2017, 18:27
Ginetta Jr's is my starting point because I want to move up to GT and Endurance racing.

I can take a Gt3 out and have a great time but my Ginetta Jr career is starting to do my head in.

The AI are incredible... Like I can't put down a lap anywhere near as nice as the top 10. Setup is limited in ginettas so I can't quite get to grips with it

They can nail the corners, sometimes they are nailing corners flat, I've checked in the spectating area and they are absolutely nailing corners that I'm feathering through and fighting the wheel left to right the whole way like being on a knife edge there just isn't anymore grip.

How's everyone who's taken the ginetta Jr's finding the career? I've dropped the difficulty level down right into the green and they are Dam good still.

I've watched many many ginetta Jr races at oulton park and the 14 year old kids don't look be fighting the car like the tyres have had butter spread on them.

Tyres are up to temp for the most part, takes a good 4 laps in the ginetta Jr to try them gloing.

AI will break later too impossibly later.

So I loaded up project cars 1 took a ginetta Jr out in a race and flew, breaking fine cornering ok and beating the AI at 90% difficulty

Any oppinions on this, have the ginettas become more of a handful any tips if you are having a successful career with them.

It's not you by any means! There is another thread in the PS4 section that a bunch of others are talking about the Juniors in Career mode being hard as hell, but only the Jr's. I'm having the same issue. I can go on PCars1 and I can beat most classes at 100% but I'm at 75% and still 2-3 seconds behind. I barely made the top 12 at Oulton Park and I'm questioning the AI tire wear because they had absolutely no fall off from start to finish. It's not gonna keep me from playing the game by any means but it will keep people from putting any legitimacy into the career mode.

z3r0cool77
25-09-2017, 18:29
On xbox its not the jrs so much as the gt5 version. Its a real handfull.

bigair199
25-09-2017, 18:33
On xbox its not the jrs so much as the gt5 version. Its a real handfull.

I do apologize, I was wrong and meant the GT5 cars! I skipped the Jr's and started on them. Call it a Senior moment. lol

Twitch_6
25-09-2017, 18:37
I walked through the Jr championship on 95 difficulty, 80 aggressive. That said, AI was still physics bending fast trough certain corners, like T1 at Oulton.

The GT5 championship though, same difficulty, in several seconds off the pace. I dropped the AI to 65, and still struggle. I'm a good 10km/h faster on the straights, but the AI are flat through corners that I have to take a deep breath and pray for for each lap. Other corners though, I feel like I'm getting brake checked at the apex.

It's not random corners either, it's specific ones. I remember the same issue from the Clio cup in PC1. Snetterton 200, the AI is grandma slow through T1, but Hamilton fast through the chicanes, especially the braking zones. They pull off impossible changes of directions, and brake while turning at speeds that would exceed the grip limit of the tire.

milliotseb
25-09-2017, 18:42
Yes first race of Ginetta Junior was tough. I finished 4th even if I decrease a lot the AI level (compared to Pcars1)
Don't be afraid to decrease AI level (I set it between 30 and 35). I am using a controler and I am on XB1

Rest of Ginetta Junior was OK after this initial adjustment

N0body Of The Goat
25-09-2017, 18:53
I don't recall any dramas doing Time Trial at Spa with default setup and authentic aids, sometime over the weekend.

Benkid
25-09-2017, 22:13
Thank god its not just me. Was beginning to doubt my capabilities lol

I went straight into the Ginneter JRs thinking I'd walk it. I'm currently on 40% difficulty and I'm eating dust.

marcdxn
25-09-2017, 22:55
I changed to stable in the 'load setup' screen as advised above and compared to the loose option it's night and day. Finished 2nd

Had a much better time