PDA

View Full Version : MP Name

rapidclean
25-09-2017, 11:45
How can I change the displayed name in Multiplayer sessions?

Bealdor
25-09-2017, 12:09
The game is using your Steam nickname in MP.

TeSL9
26-09-2017, 12:55
Can this be changed?

Jam0r85
26-09-2017, 12:57
What is the point in Nickname in edit profile then?

I would have thought that would take priority over your Steam name, especially the 3 letters.

AbeWoz
26-09-2017, 12:58
^^career mode/quick races

m00lean
26-09-2017, 13:01
What is the point in Nickname in edit profile then?

I would have thought that would take priority over your Steam name, especially the 3 letters.

I thought that as well, when I saw that you can change the driver network information. Was very disappointed when I realised that it still uses the Steam name.

The problem is that many of the league require you to choose a "realistic" name. And I certainly don't want to change my Steam name each time I join a league race :(

Jam0r85
26-09-2017, 13:10
^^career mode/quick races

So what about clan tags?

I have [MLG] TheMonkey as my steam name and about 6 other people also have [MLG] at the start of their names.

Do really have to change our names to prevent the leader board showing [ML for 6 people in game?

TeSL9
26-09-2017, 19:04
For example racedepartment requires real names to race in their servers. Why isnt there a option to change mp names?

Tony Rickard
27-09-2017, 12:07
^^career mode/quick racesMy Steam name shows up in quick races too!

docslap
27-09-2017, 17:57
I agree with this and believe this is a huge issue. Steam profile names should not be part of anything multiplayer related in pCARS2. You have a Drivers Network for a reason that ask for First and Last Name plus initials. I would like those fields used in any and all multiplayer and online events. It makes it easy to modify and a one stop shop for multiplayer profiles. If possible maybe not allow special characters to be used in the initials portion. I have seen drivers initials on the pole at Indianapolis as \~/ or items to the like.

**Also note that the multiplayer Country is bugged. When doing multiplayer races the country flag will change from time to time. This has already been added as a seperate thread.

Blake-Lee43
28-09-2017, 05:57
I was really hoping it would use my first and last name too. Also have noticed my flag changes sometimes as well

Oliver Johann
28-09-2017, 06:08
I totally agree. It should be possible to use the real name (I would even prefer this to be a must, like in iracing). I hate these childish "funny" names.

honespc
28-09-2017, 06:27
I have noticed a couple of bugs in the name/flag profile session.

Sometimes flags get messed up during name display in the sessions (you gte another country flag. Also, the initials you choose (three letters) never get updated/displayed when online. They do in your in-game profile, but never online.

Bugs everywhere. These ones minor, but the mess is there.