PDA

View Full Version : No World Movement or G-Force settings when using Steam VR/TrackIR?

SkinnyCyclist
25-09-2017, 11:58
I'm using TrackIR 5 (with the awful looking and ill fitting baseball cap ;) - and thus starting the game in Steam VR mode - I can't fiddle with the World Movement and G-Force sliders - they are both locked at zero.

Glimiril
25-09-2017, 12:28
This was causing me issues too, as often camera decided have a look at the steering wheel while I go uphill, I found that in the output for 6DOF of TrackIR if you disable x,y,z from being sent this fized the world movement in the car, still cannot change settings in game, but I'm happier with results now.

eracerhead
25-09-2017, 12:48
You know it's kind of a Catch-22 if you ask me. In PC1 I used to use 85 World Movement and 20 G-Force with TrackIR, and even up until last month or so PC2 used the same settings. However, now that they removed these (presumably because people in VR got sick?) I've found that I've actually become a better driver. Its less disorienting going into a corner, not having to worry about the view jumping around so much.

SkinnyCyclist
25-09-2017, 12:51
You know it's kind of a Catch-22 if you ask me. In PC1 I used to use World Movement and G-Force with TrackIR, and even up until last month or so PC2 used the same settings. However, now that they removed these (presumably because people in VR got sick?) I've found that I've actually become a better driver. Its less disorienting going into a corner, not having to worry about the view you jumping around so much.

I think you have a point there. It makes sense.

jimortality
25-09-2017, 22:14
Ah, same problem here, unable to change world movement. You think to leave it as is then, I don't need to change anything? It feels fine.