PDA

View Full Version : Proximity marker should be on be default

Jam0r85
25-09-2017, 12:07
Browsing through the game play settings and noticed this.

Why is this off by default?

Would stop people drifting over onto your line and not realising they were next to someone etc. People could use cameras and looking left and right yes but the majority of players don't in multiplayer.

This should be set to on by default IMO.

breyzipp
25-09-2017, 12:39
Browsing through the game play settings and noticed this.

Why is this off by default?

Would stop people drifting over onto your line and not realising they were next to someone etc. People could use cameras and looking left and right yes but the majority of players don't in multiplayer.

This should be set to on by default IMO.

I agree, same for the turn indicator. It's subtle and a bit of a cheesy braking marker but good to learn your braking points. And not as intrusive as that driving line.

Exoil
25-09-2017, 12:43
Perhaps they could have added an option on first start where you choose yourself what you consoles yourself. There options which turns on or off different assists regarding on what you choose.

honespc
25-09-2017, 13:02
Yes I do agree it's good idea that it should be on by default. Allow me to take it further and say It should be enforced and not possible to toggle off straight away (integrated in the system with no menu option, directly. Problem solved for greater good).

Zenzic
25-09-2017, 13:05
Please elaborate, honespc. What greater good? At what point would players deserve the right to turn it off?

honespc
25-09-2017, 13:07
No need to elaborate on the obvious.

Zenzic
25-09-2017, 13:10
I'm assuming you feel you're above the bulk of the player base and wish to take away customization from those players for your benefit. I was giving you a chance to explain otherwise above.

honespc
25-09-2017, 13:19
I'm assuming you feel you're above the bulk of the player base and wish to take away customization from those players for your benefit. I was giving you a chance to explain otherwise above.Freedom is not always good, even on gaming.

I don't need your chance to explain anything. Spare me your condescendence.

Jeez some guys.., lol

N0body Of The Goat
25-09-2017, 13:24
It's worth checking other options in the gaming section, IIRC damage was turned off by default, I think I had to change one or two others options to set things up as authentic as possible.

Franco Ferrari
Do you guys realize that, if this option was ON by default... somebody else would have started another thread, complaining that it should be OFF by default, instead?

Invincible
Yes I do agree it's good idea that it should be on by default. Allow me to take it further and say It should be enforced and not possible to toggle off straight away (integrated in the system with no menu option, directly. Problem solved for greater good).

Erm... No!?! Sorry, enforcing such a "feature" on people for no reason would suck massively.

Do you guys realize that, if this option was ON by default... somebody else would have started another thread, complaining that it should be OFF by default, instead?

Also this +1000

Sankyo
No need to elaborate on the obvious.

Freedom is not always good, even on gaming.

Jeez some guys.., lol

We don't need this attitude please. You were asked a legitimate question about a highly subjective topic, brushing it aside as "obvious" and without need of explanation is not how opinionating is done.

Zenzic
25-09-2017, 13:32
Spare me your condescendence.

Jeez some guys.., lol

Right back at ya! :D

Khyber GT
25-09-2017, 13:35
It's forced off in vr...

spirit75752000
25-09-2017, 13:50
Totally agree. Markers are great

Attackmack
25-09-2017, 14:14
Freedom is not always good, even on gaming.

Jeez some guys.., lol

FORCING annoying clutter on the hud in a racing sim hybrid is a sure way to kill it. I could agree it could be on by default, I honestly dont care either way, but forcing it on everyone is one of the worst suggestions ive seen for the game so far.

Jam0r85
23-10-2017, 15:58

Better to have skilled drivers turning it off because they use the different cameras to see whats around them compared to 90% of the people racing online who take no notice and haven't got a clue when someone is next to them.

Roger Prynne
23-10-2017, 16:02
You guys are always going to find something to complain about and I find it quite funny.

wadafaka
23-10-2017, 16:02
It's a proper PC game guys... first thing you do is set it up exactly the way you like it. There is no default setting that'll please everyone. Be glad you have the option to change all that crap :)

RomKnight
23-10-2017, 16:03
It won't stop <insert euphemism here> drivers.

It's a very nicely done option btw even for those on triples. But to me, the HUD is only ON because without it I can't get flags or warnings (real pain). But I keep it to a minimum, especially in VR because, I do this for immersion (that elusive motion rig... :D )

falm
23-10-2017, 16:06
Someone could add a poll or turn the thread into a car request discussion? ;-)