PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me...???

hobo0933
25-09-2017, 12:49
I bought my first wheel, a Thrustmaster TX, a couple of months ago, and I have been having so much fun with Project Cars up until now. I bought Project Cars 2 as soon as it was released having great hopes for an even better experience, but I have been struggling with it ever since. I do understand that it is very realistic and maybe my driving skills are just not good enough, but I find PC2 no fun at all. I just can't get it dialled in to suit me, either I am just spinning out in bends, or, with assists, it just feels all wrong. I have assists set to "real" in PC1, and have no trouble getting round the tracks with cars that do not have ABS, TC or SC.

In my opinion PC1 rocks, but PC2 is just no fun at all. Is it just me who thinks this? Does anyone have any tips on how to get it tuned in? Because now I have switched back to PC1 hoping for something to happen with PC2 in an update soon.

Trooper117
25-09-2017, 13:14
I'll let you know in a bit... I'm just downloading now.
I enjoyed PC1, can't wait to get stuck in with PC2 :)

Pink_650S
25-09-2017, 13:18
Hey.
I've read that especially Thrustmaster wheels are having issues with Project CARS 2. According to the boss himself, Ian Bell, the team is already aware of this and are working on fixes :)

BuToNz
25-09-2017, 13:20
Are you using the 'stable' setup? By default if you are using a well it'll default to loose which can be tricky to master.

honespc
25-09-2017, 13:21
All I hope is they work for a soft lock on the t300 that really leaves up to the feature (assetto corsa SL style for instance), because right now..., it's a too-soft-lock or something. Right now It feels as It wasn't there at all.

rosgillies
25-09-2017, 13:24
Super results here with my T500rs and jack Spade`s ffb custom settings inserts. Miles better than AC or PC1.

Gejabo
25-09-2017, 13:27
My T300RS is working pretty good.
I did need to tone down the FFB a bit.

Itsdoomsday48
25-09-2017, 13:28
I also use a TX and have had the same struggles with PC2. Can't find any setting that is comfortable or even close to what I had in PC1. The FFB seems to vary greatly depending on what car I'm using. My wheel gets jittery when going in a straight line and jerks violently in certain cars on pit road when idle. Apparently from what I've read WMD was not able to test with wheels on Xbox One so the game is a buggy mess right now. Don't even get me started with the racing line........

Raklodder
25-09-2017, 13:39
I've also had a hard time trying to enjoy the game with my G920, which is bugged in pcars2 and the ffb is weak, but I will give them some time to fix it before calling them out.

hobo0933
25-09-2017, 13:42

Don't get your hopes up! :rolleyes:

hobo0933
25-09-2017, 13:45
Hey.
I've read that especially Thrustmaster wheels are having issues with Project CARS 2. According to the boss himself, Ian Bell, the team is already aware of this and are working on fixes :)

I read they worked closely wioth Thrustmaster when developing PC2. I find this wierd. One thing I find very frustrating is that Formula C cars spin out in bends just by letting the off on the throttle, could this be one of the issues?

Update: this is what I read before getting PC2: https://gameidealist.com/gift-guides/best-racing-wheel-accessories-project-cars-2/

hobo0933
25-09-2017, 13:50
I also use a TX and have had the same struggles with PC2. Can't find any setting that is comfortable or even close to what I had in PC1. The FFB seems to vary greatly depending on what car I'm using. My wheel gets jittery when going in a straight line and jerks violently in certain cars on pit road when idle. Apparently from what I've read WMD was not able to test with wheels on Xbox One so the game is a buggy mess right now. Don't even get me started with the racing line........

If that is the case, it is pretty stupid, releasing it for Xbox1 without testing it first.... Well hopefully there will be a fix out soon then. BTW I posted a reply in the driving line post :)

resmania
25-09-2017, 14:19
No issue with T300 on PC. Some cars are bit stiff compare to others but no biggie.

JDFSSS
25-09-2017, 14:20
All of the cars I've tried so far feel really good to me on my G29. I'm running pretty much all default wheel settings and setups (on pc this is the loose setup) and it feels great. The only change I made was turning the volume down from 50 to 25 to get a lighter feeling wheel.

Mowzer
25-09-2017, 14:44
Im glad its not just us Logitech wheel users having issues then :).

xtro
25-09-2017, 15:24
Try -> Informative (Gain 100 to 75 - Volume 25 to 30) and Move the Speed Sensitivity up from 0 to 30

Trooper117
25-09-2017, 15:46
Well, can't even get my G27 wheel to work in game :(
Can't get it to calibrate, the game will not recognise any inputs at all... I'm at a loss!

Lucky_Stickman
25-09-2017, 15:49

Prepare to get pissed off very quickly

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 16:32
Well, can't even get my G27 wheel to work in game :(
Can't get it to calibrate, the game will not recognise any inputs at all... I'm at a loss!

Your Platform says PC, is this correct?

Robhd
25-09-2017, 16:41
Using my TX its working not too bad with a bit of tweaking, although there is an odd effect on the straights which is hard to describe...like an oscilation or pendulum feeling... Not a game breaker as such but a bit weird, that and a lot of chatter on the straights when the wheel bounces up and down a fair bit... Mind you that may be an intended effect i dunno?

O-NO
25-09-2017, 17:00
I can't get my Logitech Momo wheel to feel right plus Xbox 360 gamepad is pretty poor too so back enjoying PC1 at moment.

Horkheimer
25-09-2017, 19:54
I bought my first wheel, a Thrustmaster TX, a couple of months ago, and I have been having so much fun with Project Cars up until now. I bought Project Cars 2 as soon as it was released having great hopes for an even better experience, but I have been struggling with it ever since. I do understand that it is very realistic and maybe my driving skills are just not good enough, but I find PC2 no fun at all. I just can't get it dialled in to suit me, either I am just spinning out in bends, or, with assists, it just feels all wrong. I have assists set to "real" in PC1, and have no trouble getting round the tracks with cars that do not have ABS, TC or SC.

In my opinion PC1 rocks, but PC2 is just no fun at all. Is it just me who thinks this? Does anyone have any tips on how to get it tuned in? Because now I have switched back to PC1 hoping for something to happen with PC2 in an update soon.

Same here mate. I have been playing pcars 1, AC and Dirt 4 with a G29 during the past few months, and although I'm new to sim racing I had a lot of fun and was able to improve my performance step by step. But pcars 2 drives me into utter frustration. No matter how muchI tweak and practice or what I try, I can barely manage to put 10 laps together without flying off the track. (The ludicrous AI performance is also not enhancing the gaming experience, but that's another story.) After about 20 hours of pure humiliation I think I'll go back to AC and set the AI on Alien - my ego desperately needs a little boost.

oneBIGkicker
25-09-2017, 20:13
Thrustmaster TX on PC here, working fine for me.

Topsie
25-09-2017, 20:19
You are showing as PC. I use the G29 and its pretty much the same wheel. Make sure your Logitech software Is closed! Use RAW and then tone down the FX. Mines spot on at the mo.

napocapo69
25-09-2017, 23:08
It is not a matter of wheel, unless we are talking about FFB.
The car handling is very tricky. There is actually something wrong; cars are not easy at all to drive, and being aggressive is almost impossible.
Keeping the pace of IA (even at low settings, 50% or 40%) can be challengin if not impossible. I was used to play PC1 at 70% of difficulty and Assetto Corsa at 90%, but really I cannot manage these cars. They slip way too much, the braking is loose, and keeping traction is a nightmare. I spent hours in setting a Chevrolet C7R in a way I can manage it, but I was 3-4 second slower than IA at 60%.

Trooper117
25-09-2017, 23:58
Your Platform says PC, is this correct?

Yes Roger, I'm on pc... I've managed to get the wheel working at last. Set everything back to default, changed the port for my G27 and now it's working ok :)

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 00:00
^ Glad you got it sorted.

Norxman
26-09-2017, 00:02
Thrustmaster T300RS here and no probs. I actually find the driving model in PCARS 2 easier. The new tyre physics make the car feel less like it's on ice skates. A lot easier to drive on the edge at least on most tracks.

Oddly enough despite this my lap times are generally slower.

Sorry to hear you're struggling but I'm sure you'll get used to the game eventually.

garrettej8
26-09-2017, 00:14
I'm using the t300rs gt and while the FFB is really cool and makes you feel like you're connected to the car, I'm not quite sure the physics are up to par. The front tires have literally no grip if the car is about to spin out. Even at complete opposite lock the car doesn't want to turn but instead keeps going in the same direction that it was loosing control. This even happens on a 100+ degree track with warmed up tires. Also, the grass is wayyy too slippery.

Nestoche
26-09-2017, 01:43
Hi oneBIGkicker,

I have a question if you don't mine me asking. I also have the TM TX wheel and with Jake's FFB files is running well as far as I know. My question to you is what degree of rotation are you using in your TM wheel control panel? I have mine set at 360 degrees because that's how I had it when I was using Codie's F1 2017 and never changed it but it is working well with PC2. But I seen others saying that they use 900 degrees. I tried 900 but the rotation was too much for the PC2 cars I am running with like the Radicals. I am just curious if PC2 automatically changes the wheel rotation for different cars like Automobilista?

Thanks

Thrustmaster TX on PC here, working fine for me.

Norxman
26-09-2017, 02:13
I think it changes automatically if you have the wheel set to max rotation.

I usually change the steering ratio in the car setup if I feel like I have to steer too much instead of changing degrees of rotation. It gives you smaller increments to change.

Nestoche
26-09-2017, 02:18
Hi Norxman,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. I will try it!..

Thanks again!

I usually change the steering ratio in the car setup if I feel like I have to steer too much instead of changing degrees of rotation. It gives you smaller increments to change.

hobo0933
26-09-2017, 07:20
Thrustmaster T300RS here and no probs. I actually find the driving model in PCARS 2 easier. The new tyre physics make the car feel less like it's on ice skates. A lot easier to drive on the edge at least on most tracks.

Oddly enough despite this my lap times are generally slower.

Sorry to hear you're struggling but I'm sure you'll get used to the game eventually.

That's odd, I really think there must be something wrong on my end. Have you tried the Formula C cars?

One thing I came to Think of now: I tried out the Supercar invitaion British Classic Showdown, and chose the McLaren F1. It was raining, so I tried all the different tires, but no matter what I choose and however I tried to tweak the setup, I was skidding around like on pure ice. I mean really, i just pushed the accelerator 1mm and around it went. Has anyone else tested this event/car?

Stu In Blackpool
26-09-2017, 07:33
So many varied experiences.
I am pretty firmly in the "Spin out and get frustrated" camp right now.

AC, PC, F12016, all fine and I have a handle on everything, and I drive powerful cars for a living, but I just can't get PC2 to perform at an enjoyable level.

Going to to step away from it for a couple of nights and return to AC just to check it's not "all" me.
I look forward to some patches, lots of nice little fixes in the pipeline I see. :)

Trooper117
26-09-2017, 09:51
I am pretty firmly in the "Spin out and get frustrated" camp right now.

I concur, lol!

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 10:03

Correct.

Kloever
26-09-2017, 10:33
At this moment i'm trying the career mode with the Formula Rookie. When i start driving i'm 1 sec slower then the AI, who appears to drive like pro's even on low diff. When i start to push i will spin. It's verry hard to drive this way. Strange thing is...If i race with faster cars i'm not having this issue as much as with the Rookie serie. I use the Thrustmaster TMX wheel.

If i drive with PC1 no issues at all. So i'm not a complete idiot driver after all :) ...But this takes the fun out of PC2

Ian Bell
26-09-2017, 10:35
At this moment i'm trying the career mode with the Formula Rookie. When i start driving i'm 1 sec slower then the AI, who appears to drive like pro's even on low diff. When i start to push i will spin. It's verry hard to drive this way. Strange thing is...If i race with faster cars i'm not having this issue as much as with the Rookie serie. I use the Thrustmaster TMX wheel.

If i drive with PC1 no issues at all. So i'm not a complete idiot driver after all :) ...But this takes the fun out of PC2

Lower the AI skill level.

hobo0933
26-09-2017, 12:31
Well, I have given up all hope now, I have spent 5 days just trying to get it to a playable state with no success. I give PC1 9 out of 10, PC2 gets zero out of 10 because it sucks and is just a waste of time and money. I am fed up and have had enough of this crap so I am switching back to PC1. :)

Diluvian
26-09-2017, 12:50
i just pushed the accelerator 1mm

Just out of curiosity, did you have a look at the speedometer and checked the throttle-input-meter/indicator if it raises suddenly to 100% even when pushing the pedal only "a milimeter"?

hobo0933
26-09-2017, 13:22
Just out of curiosity, did you have a look at the speedometer and checked the throttle-input-meter/indicator if it raises suddenly to 100% even when pushing the pedal only "a milimeter"?

Yes, I did check, and that is not the issue. The back end skids off even when just letting off the accelerator when turning, like there is no weight on the rear tires, they just loose grip. For Formula C there is no choosing compound for slicks, I would like to test medium or hard on the front wheels and soft on the rear, but it is not possible. :( I have also tried resetting everything to defaults, doing a reset of the Xbox USB port, calibrating the wheel again, tried different settings etc etc.

Is there not anyone who works with the game reading these posts who could offer some support?

hobo0933
28-09-2017, 21:28
I deleted my career driver and created a new one and started with Formula C. Now it is working better. I mean I am still spinning out sometimes, but nothing close to how bad it was before, now it is manageable, not totally out of control as before.

I think there is something wrong with the car setups, I noticed it switched from "Formula C" to "Dallara IR-12 Chevrolet (Road Course)" without me even saving. It did this before as well in the old profile, and I could not get it back to the default Formula C profile even when trying to reset. Bug?