PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Host Quit during race

mazudsg
25-09-2017, 13:06
I know im nitpicking with all the problems that pc2 is going right now this is minor one , or how to say it,

i was playing some monza run with 10 ppl passed qualify round ,during the race of the 1st race lap , a mesage poped up that i got removed from the race , probably host quit or what?
anyway the issue is that i had 1474 rating now 1434...not sure it's fair when host quits race.

Siberian Tiger
25-09-2017, 13:09
Nope, Host-Migration is implemented...

If the Host Quits, the next Player will become Host. However, if the new Host is on a Bad Connection such things can happen.

Sadly such Rating Systems can't know if you have quitted the Race (Plugged the Cable) or the Server Crashed.

It's a minor downside to the System, but not solveable.

Keep Racing, because the System needs some time to Balance.

Umer Ahmad
25-09-2017, 21:47
We'll investigate what can be done about this host quit problem. It should not negatively affect the rating of remaining players, not your fault.

pioneer1985
26-09-2017, 02:00
Is there not a way for you put code in the game to detect if the player actually presses the quit session button? Just an idea and obviously i know nothing about coding just wondering if that's possible.

Umer Ahmad
26-09-2017, 02:06
Yes, we already detect a "retire" vs. a "disconnect" and we penalize both.

drathuu
26-09-2017, 10:19
The problem with detection of quit is when is it an accident or intentional - There is really no way to know.

ESC - (Yes i quit)
ALT F4 - (Yes i quit)
Hit power button or reset (Possible to detect) dependant on hardware
Pulled power cord (Disconnect or quit) ?? Maybe it was a power failure
Network dropped out (I pulled router cord) - Disconnect or quit ?
Network Latency - Bad network, or lag switch turned on ??

So as you cant tell you have 2 options - No penalty, or Penalty. As people will quit, decision was to apply penalty as i understand it. If you have network issues or disconnects, work with your ISP or get your wife/girlfriend off netflix ;)

tipostrano
07-10-2017, 14:34
2 Host migration failed today, one i was the leader. 100 points lost. i quit this stupid bugged game.
I want my points, hardly gained in days, back. it's a horrible horrible thing, SMS.

clanky
07-10-2017, 15:53
Yes, we already detect a "retire" vs. a "disconnect" and we penalize both.

Oh I wasn't aware, question which gets penalized more?