PDA

View Full Version : FFB issues with Ford Fusion Stock Car - new to wheels

JoshTheGeologist
25-09-2017, 13:14
I just got my first ever wheel yesterday (Thrustmaster T150) and at first it was a handful, but as I got some practice I am quickly getting better. I still have a lot of learning to do, but so far it isn't as hard as I thought it might be...

Except when it comes to the Ford Fusion Stock Car. I tried it at Watkins Glen and anytime I go in a straight line the wheel vibrates hard and constantly goes left and right. Is that just the nature of the car? I never felt that way on a controller. With GT3 and a few of the other cars I've tried it has done that a little bit, but with the stock car it is much more brutal.

Should I adjust my force feedback settings? So far all I've done was edit sensitivity of gas, brake and steering so that they are higher.

mass control
25-09-2017, 13:54
Could be that car a issue on wheel feedback as when i tried karts the wheel feedback was a lot stronger then most other have tried so far.
I use the t150 as well.
I watched a youtube video that was one of the aston martin car that said there was hardly any feedback with the car when was fine with others he had used.

JoshTheGeologist
25-09-2017, 14:38
Is there anything we can do to correct it? I'm not too familiar with how FFB works. I haven't had much time to look into it.

I agree though, the feedback has definitely varied for me in different cars. I am not sure if it's supposed to be like that or if I'm doing something wrong. I'm glad the cars all feel unique, but some are just hard to handle at this point

mass control
25-09-2017, 15:26
Plug wheel first then put wheel usb cable in ps4 when ps4 on before start the game.
Then see when re-calabrate the wheel in game again in options.Turn down menu spring stength first to zero from force feedback option then wheel be a lot lighter to turn when calabrate.Can turn back up if want the menu spring after calabrated wheel to about 20 to 30.
I have wheel set at 900. So first part on calabrating wheel turn all the way left or right and 100 will show then center wheel to 0 then save then next part set to 900 then save.
And on wheel keep hold down left d-pad and press mode button on wheel base till 4 flash see so wheel set to 900.1 flash is 270, 2 flash is 360, 3 flash 540 and 4 flashes is 900 and 5 is 1080.
If want wheel set to 1080 then on calabrate wheel in game on seccond part set to 1080 and wheel base hold left d-pad down and press mode button on wheel base till 5 flash
Should not have to keep doing this every time start game up as wheel should remember.
As with in game force feedback i use the middle option on flavour for now.read the text to what each part dose on wheel feedback and set or leave as default.See youtube videos on project cars 2 wheel force back settings that may help to set up to feel of cars when racing.see if there a youtube video for the t150 project cars 2 wheel force feedback settings for better results using this wheel on this game.
Or the project cars forum might have settings for the t150 wheel for project cars 2.