PDA

View Full Version : TrackIR

JO Simracing
25-09-2017, 14:18
Has anybody got TrackIR working? Mine is fine in all other sims but pCARS2. Thanks.

Bealdor
25-09-2017, 14:20
From the FAQ (link in my sig):

How do I set up TrackIR to work with pC2?

Make sure that the TrackIR software is running. In your Steam library, launch the game in Steam VR mode.

M. -VIPER- Morgan
27-09-2017, 11:02
TrackIR is working, I use it all the time.

To directly start the game in SteamVR mode you can use this link in the shortcut:
steam://launch/378860/vr

The default shortcut steam generates IMO is: steam://rungameid/378860

jimortality
27-09-2017, 12:27
Yeah trackir works fine for me.

Casper139
06-10-2017, 02:10
Mine did not work. I was using trackir 4 with 4.5 software. Dloaded trackir 5 software and problem solved.

Aardvark892
06-10-2017, 04:05
Using the Steam VR does work for my TrackIR 5, but what I don't understand is why VR headset users can look all around the cockpit, including over the shoulder out the back window, but with TrackIR we can only look 90 degrees left or right? I can lean/shift left or right and even stick my head out of the driver's side window, but I can't look back. I've seen videos of VR headset users (specifically Alex with The Extra Mile, in his video about the Porsche GT3 RS) who have full range of motion all around, so I know it's possible. Maybe there's a setting I'm missing? Any comments?

jimortality
06-10-2017, 05:32
Using the Steam VR does work for my TrackIR 5, but what I don't understand is why VR headset users can look all around the cockpit, including over the shoulder out the back window, but with TrackIR we can only look 90 degrees left or right? I can lean/shift left or right and even stick my head out of the driver's side window, but I can't look back. I've seen videos of VR headset users (specifically Alex with The Extra Mile, in his video about the Porsche GT3 RS) who have full range of motion all around, so I know it's possible. Maybe there's a setting I'm missing? Any comments?

Well, they paid 500 for their vr we paid 150 so they have obviously got more axis or whatever it is.

Aardvark892
07-10-2017, 01:05
Well, they paid 500 for their vr we paid 150 so they have obviously got more axis or whatever it is.

You've got a good point, Jim. Thanks for replying. At the same time though, if I'm using a VR .exe (the Steam VR), does the game know the difference? With a TrackIR, I can look all around, up/down, left right and even over my shoulder in dozens of other games (I've got a lot of flight sims). Assetto Corsa lets me look back. I know it's a small point, but I'd love the ability to look over my shoulder into my blind spot coming up to a tight corner. Maybe they'll add it later? I hope so.

jimortality
07-10-2017, 04:11
You've got a good point, Jim. Thanks for replying. At the same time though, if I'm using a VR .exe (the Steam VR), does the game know the difference? With a TrackIR, I can look all around, up/down, left right and even over my shoulder in dozens of other games (I've got a lot of flight sims). Assetto Corsa lets me look back. I know it's a small point, but I'd love the ability to look over my shoulder into my blind spot coming up to a tight corner. Maybe they'll add it later? I hope so.

I understand what you're saying and I think I noticed the same issue in F1 2017 but I don't know the answer but it works well for what it is.

adi518
12-10-2017, 21:42
I'm forced to run in VR mode to use Trackir, but what if I actually have both a VR headset and a Trackir and I don't want to use VR at a given moment? it's ridiculous. The fact is there's no support for Trackir in a regular instance of the game out of the box. It was fine in Pcars 1.

csdigitaldesign
13-10-2017, 20:45
I'm forced to run in VR mode to use Trackir, but what if I actually have both a VR headset and a Trackir and I don't want to use VR at a given moment? it's ridiculous. The fact is there's no support for Trackir in a regular instance of the game out of the box. It was fine in Pcars 1.

It worked exactly the same way in Project Cars 1. I had to run it in steamVR mode and then select the helmet cam for it to work.