PDA

View Full Version : Fanatec Turbo S looses connection

M5Piojo
25-09-2017, 14:20
Everything works fine, calibration, button mapping and starting any session. Only problem after about 3 minutes, the controls freeze in-game.
When I tab out and back in, everything works again for 3 minutes.

The fanatec program continues to register inputs even when frozen in game.

In steam the controller desactivation thing has been set to 'never'. Puzzled about this one... If anyone has an idea, I'm glad to hear it. The game is unplayable like this.

Siberian Tiger
25-09-2017, 14:24
As simple as it may sounds, but did you tried another USB Port? Also be sure you don't have it connected trough a USB HUB.

M5Piojo
25-09-2017, 14:49
Sadly, that doesn't do the trick. No matter if I connect it to USB 2.0 or 3.0 (all directly) it keeps exhibiting the same behaviour.

It is really weird, everything keeps working but the game doesn't register any input.
Like when you are playing in borderless window mode and you mouseclicked in your second screen.

Siberian Tiger
25-09-2017, 14:54
Ok, can you look into the Windows Event Viewer if there is an Error Message (All 3 Minutes).

HBR-Roadhog
25-09-2017, 15:01
I would think that you definitely need to be plugged into USB 2.0 port. Not sure if I have tried my Turbo S with USB 3 but I do know that if plugged into USB 3 the firmware not not be properly applied on at least some of the Fanatec wheels. I have confirmed this with the CSR Elite and the GT2. The Turbo S should be pretty much the same as the GT2.

As for the disconnect issue I used to see that when using the Turbo S on the 360 in Forza 3 and 4. Just out of the blue the game would suddenly stop responding to any inputs from the wheel.
Never happened in GT. I have not used the Turbo S in PC2 Using a CSR Elite now which has never had this issue even in FM3 and 4 where it was an issue with the Turbo S.

What Firmware version are you using on the Turbo S ?

M5Piojo
25-09-2017, 15:09
Ok, I think I have found a "solution". Don't know how, I don't know why but it seems to be working.

I put my video settings on windowed = 'yes' and now it seems to be going strong. Fingers crossed and thanks for the tips!