PDA

View Full Version : AI too slow on certain tracks

creepyd
25-09-2017, 16:02
Ok we had this problem with PC1 as well and I thought maybe it's worth getting these out in the open.
I guess we have no 'adaptable' speed AI that goes faster / slower depending on my performance, so for now maybe if we post where these problems are, they can be corrected?

I don't think it's related to car type but I've been racing Ginetta Junior's at 85 difficulty, most tracks they are going at a similar pace to me, but here's my first obvious one.

- Donington they were 5+ secs down on me every lap, qualifying and race. (I believe this is the same exact issue from PC1, always slow on this track)

Less important - AI is always too slow through the hill chicane on Knockhill.

Doug914
25-09-2017, 19:24
Donington Gp or Donington National? (I just did a new race line for National today actually).

Twitch_6
25-09-2017, 19:45
I can confirm that the AI is really slow at Donnington National, in both the Ginetta Jr and GT5 championships. They are moderately fast through T1, but grandma slow through the Old Hairpin, and through the final chicane. They're also really slow on the straights. In the GT5s, AI on 70, I'm a solid 2 seconds per lap faster.

Contrast that with the AI st Oulton Park Island, or Snetterton 200, (GT5 championship, AI decreased to 65!), in the dry, I'm over 3 seconds per lap slower. The AI barely touches the brakes for T1, is flat through T2, but slow as molasses through the chicane.

When I was doing the Junior championship at Knockhill, I noticed the AI was really really fast through T3 (the tight right hander), but very very slow exiting the chicane. They would pull 10 lengths on me braking for T3, and I'd gain them all back and more on the exit of the chicane.

Even if I. COuld find AI settings similar to my lap times, I don't feel I can race this AI, as it's just rubber banding like crazy.

McNeil
25-09-2017, 20:12
They are very slow in the last sector of Catalunya. And they don't use DRS or KERS. Im much faster in Formula Renault, A and X.
In Carrer Formula X Championship, all AI Drivers they behind me after finish was disqualified.

LukeC1991
25-09-2017, 20:25
Yep, even on 120 difficulty the AI are so slow in Catalunya. I always end up crashing into the back of them because they are so slow! They are also really slow through all of Monaco.

On the other side of it though, has anyone else done Formula C around Silverstone GP? No word of a lie the AI were taking Copse flat out in the wet??? I had no chance :(

Gix916
25-09-2017, 23:51
Donington Gp or Donington National? (I just did a new race line for National today actually).

could you get someone to turn the direction arrow round at the end of the back straight on the National 'cos it's pointing left instead of right.

Trippul G
26-09-2017, 00:55
I've mentioned this elsewhere, but I'll add it here since it seems appropriate given the thread title.

I was doing a custom race, Rallycross preset. Rally X lites. Track was the Rallycross Ice track (don't recall the name). Weather was either snow or heavy snow, I forget. AI was 50 skill, 40 aggression. All other settings were default.

The lights went green, and it was like the AI were dragging anchors from the backs of their cars...they literally were lapping 15 to 20 seconds slower than me, PER LAP! Yet with these same settings, they were within a second or two of my lap times on all other Rallycross courses that I tried.

Gibson
26-09-2017, 00:57

While you're at it make it so the AI knows you are there and if you are on their "Racing Line" they don't just friggin smash into you like you are non existent? I mean really it's quite annoying. :mad:

Aldo Zampatti
26-09-2017, 01:01
While you're at it make it so the AI knows you are there and if you are on their "Racing Line" they don't just friggin smash into you like you are non existent? I mean really it's quite annoying. :mad:

First and last warning. Don't treat DEVS (or anyone in any case) like that. It's inappropriate.

Moonmatrix1
26-09-2017, 01:23
First and last warning. Don't treat DEVS (or anyone in any case) like that. It's inappropriate.

That seems like an extreme reaction. Anyways I wanted to chime in and say that the AI at 120 is too slow on almost all tracks for me. It's too bad because the AI is decent but the speed is not enough :(

Aldo Zampatti
26-09-2017, 01:28
That seems like an extreme reaction. Anyways I wanted to chime in and say that the AI at 120 is too slow on almost all tracks for me. It's too bad because the AI is decent but the speed is not enough :(

FYI: I gave him an infraction because of how he narrated his request. Not a ban. Everyone should know that, as frustrated as you might be for the reason that it is, you should always direct to everyone (specifically an employee of SMS) with the uttermost respect.

"Doug, would you please consider looking at XYZ issue...." etc..

Twitch_6
26-09-2017, 01:33

Agreed. Unless posts were edited and I'm missing something, I don't understand what was said that was so inappropriate.

Anyways, since you seem to be pretty quick, could you try the Ginetta GT5 Championship, on whatever skill suits you, and see what you get. I find the AI in this championship impossibly fast on some tracks, but on other tracks, very slow.