PDA

View Full Version : [Solved] - Stutter problem in VR.

keem85
25-09-2017, 17:04
[SOLVED!!!]

No matter what I do, I always seem to get this microstutter problem in VR using Oculus Rift. I'm not talking about judder, lag or bad performance, but micro stutters.. I can perform fine with 90fps, but still the stutter is there. It's the exact same if I have 20 cars on the track or if it's just only me. It doesn't matter if I have x1.0 pixel density or x1.8, it's exactly the same.. I'm starting to think that this is a bug, because performance in itself is just fine! I'll post my dxdiag.

CPU: 4770k 4.@5ghz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb
GFX: ASUS Rog Strix 1080 TI.
Win10x64

keem85
02-10-2017, 10:13
SOLVED!!!!: I found out what the problem was, after a week of testing. It was the Oculus Tray Tool interfering with Project CARS 2!!! For this particular game, Oculus Tray Tool MUST be terminated before starting the game. And you must use the ingame sampler instead!!! Take note of this in case you get more "stutter problems" requests from VR users :)

kwild
02-10-2017, 11:16
Do you set ASW to AUTO in Tray Tool?
Also why you use Super Sample from Tray Tool despite in game?Or are you using both (so that's explain all)?
I got also micro stutters and real freezes when online but i suppose that's the bad implementation of Pcars 2!

keem85
02-10-2017, 11:18
No I used super sampling from the tool only, but the tool has to be killed entirely before running the game.

Kingyassin
04-04-2018, 13:47
SOLVED!!!!: I found out what the problem was, after a week of testing. It was the Oculus Tray Tool interfering with Project CARS 2!!! For this particular game, Oculus Tray Tool MUST be terminated before starting the game. And you must use the ingame sampler instead!!! Take note of this in case you get more "stutter problems" requests from VR users :)

Thanks for the info! I will try this out.

theborv
04-04-2018, 14:13
Never used the tray tool, and were having the stutter you described. Seems to have gone away after instaling W8.1 x64 instead og W10 x64, but more time is required to see if it has helped permanently.