PDA

View Full Version : Leaderboards

rich1e I
25-09-2017, 17:28
So it seems we have again one leaderboard for all GT cars. Not sure why people decided to implement this nonsense again, it makes absolutely no sense to me. There's no point in hotlapping again. You could've saved time and just not implement any leaderboard at all.

Maybe someone can help and show me what's the point in having mixed leaderboards. I'm struggling to understand.

odemode
25-09-2017, 17:31
I asked this for the first game and I was told they were restricted because if Microsoft. What I can't understand is if they can't do it how come they are able to filter down leaderboards every month in the community events. They are even car specific!!!

bluesky0870
25-09-2017, 19:12
I asked this for the first game and I was told they were restricted because if Microsoft. What I can't understand is if they can't do it how come they are able to filter down leaderboards every month in the community events. They are even car specific!!!

It is not MS related, it is Xbox- architecture related as far as I know. Turn10 had to drop their F, E, S2, R2 car classes because of 8 possible "main leaderboards" since they released Forza titles on XB1.

Boskapongen
25-09-2017, 20:08
Itīs same on PC. :( I want to be able to filter GT3 cars only for example. All kinds of funky cars in the list that does not belong there.

rich1e I
26-09-2017, 10:25
Itīs same on PC. :( I want to be able to filter GT3 cars only for example. All kinds of funky cars in the list that does not belong there.

Are you sure it's the same on PC? If i remember correctly you could choose GT3 only in leaderboards in the first game. I've seen quite a few screenshots. If it's the same on PC, maybe it's not an Xbox issue. I really can't believe that the CEO and the rest of the staff were sitting all together at a table talking and planning what to do and in the end they decide 'yeah let's have one single leaderboard for GT5s, GT4s, GT3s, GTEs and GT1s'.

I have no idea about coding and what it takes to implement leaderboards in a game, but I think people know what car classes are most popular and why isn't it possible to restrict leaderboards to these classes? I hope they implement a possibility to filter car classes in a patch later this year.

Boskapongen
26-09-2017, 10:29
I will have a look again, in pc1 you could select BY CAR(not on consoles) or Class. But when i selcted class GT it shows all kind of cars, Gr 5 and GT3 etc in a mix. In this i noticed i put in a fast lap with Audi GTO 90, and when i choose a GT3 car on same track Audi GTO is still the fastest time....

Boskapongen
26-09-2017, 10:36
No, same in PC2 as it was in PC1. Class or by car. Bad. :(
As u can see, all kinds of cars mixed in Class. Useless IMO. Has to be fixed once and for all.

rich1e I
26-09-2017, 11:42
I will have a look again, in pc1 you could select BY CAR(not on consoles) or Class. But when i selcted class GT it shows all kind of cars, Gr 5 and GT3 etc in a mix. In this i noticed i put in a fast lap with Audi GTO 90, and when i choose a GT3 car on same track Audi GTO is still the fastest time....

I completely forgot Group 5 and the GTOs lol So we have 7 different car classes in one leaderboard. Same for open wheelers and road cars etc. Please SMS, be smart and change this, it's embarassing, honestly.

tdurbo
27-09-2017, 23:12
Might this be why I’m constantly seeing Fastest Laps approximately half the times I’m getting on any particular race either career or solo? Maybe I’m not as bad as I thought, if the times aren’t car specific?

rich1e I
28-09-2017, 12:40
Might this be why I’m constantly seeing Fastest Laps approximately half the times I’m getting on any particular race either career or solo? Maybe I’m not as bad as I thought, if the times aren’t car specific?

Yes, the times you see at the top of any GT leaderboard are those of GT1 cars, which usually are the fastest among GT cars.

MXR SMILER
28-09-2017, 12:46
I seem to remember this discussion from PC1 and we were given an explanation of why the leaderboards are limited this way. Anyone else? I think the restrictions are forced by Microsucks - as ever - please feel free to correct me.....

A3jan
28-09-2017, 14:32
But in pc1 You could atleast find the fastest GT3 can and use the ghost.
If i sellect add a ghost. I can race myself, a vriend and the World record, class record
And one more are all the Same Guy.

Hope This can be fixed.

Lewy
30-09-2017, 12:01
Does anyone know why In the time trial leaderboards their is some people with 3 dots under their name instead of the car they used? Also they can’t be used as a ghost.
I’ve managed 2nd place on imola with the Toyota TS040 but can’t use the person in 1st place ghost or see what car it was.

PervasiveFall8
30-09-2017, 14:05
But in pc1 You could atleast find the fastest GT3 can and use the ghost.
If i sellect add a ghost. I can race myself, a vriend and the World record, class record
And one more are all the Same Guy.

Hope This can be fixed.
Pretty sure you can still do this. I scrolled down and used a friend that was using similar car as me and used as ghost intead of McLaren gt1

@Lewy I'm not sure. I knew how to on FM games, I'm assuming there is some method to exit without saving ghost

moustace
30-09-2017, 21:09
Do you really have to have xbox live membership to drive time trial in this game??

FIA
30-09-2017, 22:56
Does anyone know why In the time trial leaderboards their is some people with 3 dots under their name instead of the car they used? Also they can’t be used as a ghost.
I’ve managed 2nd place on imola with the Toyota TS040 but can’t use the person in 1st place ghost or see what car it was.

The pc leaderboards are mixed into the xbox leaderboards, so the car and control and ghost are not seen.

Do you really have to have xbox live membership to drive time trial in this game??

No, you can still do TT without gold account, just the free silver account and connected internet
to post times to the leaderboard, No online multiplayer.