PDA

View Full Version : Black screen on Rift CV1 when removing head unit :(

itsjustm3
25-09-2017, 17:52
Some crazy bug (?) or anomaly with my Rift CV1.

Every time when I remove the Rift from my head, the included sensor (yellow while on head, white while not on head) turn white. The Rift now shows a black screen and won't turn on anymore.
On PC screen you can see that the Rift is still connected and tracks everything. But no screen on Rift, till I restart the game. In oculus app, an error with lost HDMI connection is shown... This happens ONLY in ProjectCars2. All other games (counting 35 so far^^) in VR have no problems with lifting the head unit. Since release, I was only able to drive some short rounds - cause everytime I lift the Rift from my head - the screen turn black.

All oculus apps, firmware and drivers are up2date. Also all usb3 drivers. Tested the last three Nvidia drivers, including the new one from 21.09.17, but always the same error.

Specs:
Win7 x64, i7-4790k, 32gb Ram, Z97 Gaming3 Board, GTX980
Rift CV1, ProjectCars2 latest official Steam version.

Some hints or tips, anyone ?
Thanks in advance

itsjustm3
03-10-2017, 19:39
So ... since release the game is unplayble for me ...

No one with some hints to help ?????????????

satco1066
03-10-2017, 21:21
did you try to delete the xml files in document\Project Cars 2 folder?
Maybe there is a wrong entry.

snakehands
03-10-2017, 21:52
Have you updated your graphics drivers to the latest version?

M4MKey
13-02-2018, 21:26
hmm that's weird. I hadn't this issue before but since patch4 ( or at least, the issue emmerged around this timeframe ), I have the same problem. Removing the headset, the screen goes black ( which it should do at this point ), but then, putting it back to my head does nothing and the screens aren't litting anymore.

Biggest issue is that I have to restart the rift services for the image to go back :(

EDIT : After updating graphic drivers without any improvements, I tried to get rid of the "beta" version of Occulus Rift 2.0. And I think that's the culprit. :)

MISTER WU
13-02-2018, 22:28
If you have the latest software for oculus you need to use the Classic Theme because not doing so for me anyway creates 2 screens, one virtual screen (Headset) and your main display screen and then what happens is the icons on your desktop all move over to the virtual screen and when you start pcars you get nothing!

FxUK
13-02-2018, 22:43
hmm that's weird. I hadn't this issue before but since patch4 ( or at least, the issue emmerged around this timeframe ), I have the same problem. Removing the headset, the screen goes black ( which it should do at this point ), but then, putting it back to my head does nothing and the screens aren't litting anymore.

Biggest issue is that I have to restart the rift services for the image to go back :(

EDIT : After updating graphic drivers without any improvements, I tried to get rid of the "beta" version of Occulus Rift 2.0. And I think that's the culprit. :)

I started getting this recently too, I don't think its patch 4 as such. It was a pita the last two nights. Qualifying in a decent spot, with a clean lobby... and rift decides to go to sleep on me whilst its balanced on the top of my head... grrrr.

Looking now, I seem to have chosen to get the Rift Core 2.0 beta... not that I remember clicking on that, but I must have when 1/2 asleep, lol.
I don't use the rift for anything other than PC2 at the moment, so time to experiment.

If you have the latest software for oculus you need to use the Classic Theme because not doing so for me anyway creates 2 screens, one virtual screen (Headset) and your main display screen and then what happens is the icons on your desktop all move over to the virtual screen and when you start pcars you get nothing!

I'm not having an issue getting into PC2.. but will check out the classic theme suggestion.

FxUK
13-02-2018, 23:35
Reverting back to non-beta appears to have done the trick for me, well.. until its no longer a beta and pushed out for all.. then I will revisit the issue ;)