PDA

View Full Version : TC3 gone? No Mercedes Benz AMC C-Class DTM from PC1

sp3ctor
25-09-2017, 18:09
I'm sort of surprised that the TC3 class is gone and that the modern-ish C-Class DTM car is gone. I assumed every car in PC1 would be in PC2 and that, if anything, PC2 would expand that class with newer cars from the series (Audi, BMW)... Any reason why this decision was made or was this some sort of oversight that will be fixed?

cornishbrooksy
25-09-2017, 18:11
Cant speak for the individual removal of the Merc DTM, but DTM have been historically very very strict with their licensing. So much so that i think its basically impossible to have 2 DTM cars in a game without stepping over restrictions, regardless of using the name or not.....so it was very unlikely that without a full series license we were going to see any bulking out of that class.

If i had to guess, i would also say that we lost the DTM Merc due to licensing issues, but cannot say for sure.

Jezza819
25-09-2017, 18:12
I'm sort of surprised that the TC3 class is gone and that the modern-ish C-Class DTM car is gone. I assumed every car in PC1 would be in PC2 and that, if anything, PC2 would expand that class with newer cars from the series (Audi, BMW)... Any reason why this decision was made or was this some sort of oversight that will be fixed?

If we were losing a car I almost figured it would be this one. If I understand it correctly anything to do with modernish DTM is very hard to get. I think that's why they all just had color variations for liveries. We were probably lucky to have had it in PCars1.

sp3ctor
25-09-2017, 18:16
If i had to guess, i would also say that we lost the DTM Merc due to licensing issues, but cannot say for sure.

Bummer. I loved that car in PC1 and it was one of the few cars in which I could beat my (much faster) friend lol

Alfisti
25-09-2017, 18:22
They were pretty soulless to drive anyway, never felt connected to the road.

Daynja
25-09-2017, 18:25
Licensing for sure. Merc are leaving DTM soon so its possible Merc just wouldn't facilitate a licensing request/sale for the DTM car

McNeil
25-09-2017, 21:02
I want the 2009 Aston Martin DBR1-2 back

foolinjection
25-09-2017, 21:49
Don't quote me on this but I believe I read somewhere that the fact we even had the Merc DTM car in pCARS 1 in the first place was a minor miracle as they didn't have the DTM licence. They could have quite easily been told to take it out the game. I think that was also part of the reason it didn't have any race liveries either.

FS7
25-09-2017, 22:00
Iirc DTM & WTCC are quite difficult to work with in terms of license.