PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer - questions, suggestions and confusion(s)

RobPhoboS
25-09-2017, 18:47
Might be worth using this as a base for all things multiplayer ? (unless I missed a very obvious thread)

At what point can I join into a game to drive ?
This doesn't seem clear, I keep getting put into spectator mode, I don't want to spectate, I have no interest in this.
Do I need to join before it's 'launched' so to speak ?

I would suggest a filter option of games that aren't in progress, so that we can join and race rather than spending much time trying to find something.
So far I've done one 'race', and I thought FM6 was frustrating.
I tried setting up my own race but just left there waiting without anyone joing :confused:;)

I also would like to see before hand if there is a restriction on assists ? (currently with the control pad I need some/all of these on sadly)

Don't get me wrong, it looks like a massively promising game to get stuck into but there seem to be a few oversights or what have you which I pray get resolved.

MXR SMILER
26-09-2017, 03:53
Rob, on the Forum front page there is a multiplayer sub-forum. This is as good a place as any though matey :)

RobPhoboS
26-09-2017, 10:18
Rob, on the Forum front page there is a multiplayer sub-forum. This is as good a place as any though matey :)

Flipping heck, after all these many many years using forums you'd think I'd know better.

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 10:30
Moved to MP subforum.

RobPhoboS
26-09-2017, 10:57
Thank you Bealdor.

I have some other questions today :/

I'm still stuck at U1500, even though I've done some races.

Min Grade - what does that mean?
if I don't have the minimum I won't get any rank increase ?
can I even race with these players ? - if that IS the case, why isn't there another filtering option to not show races I can't enter.

Minolin
26-09-2017, 11:49
I'm still stuck at U1500, even though I've done some races.

You need to participate to ranking-enabled servers, they have a green requirement tag (like U1500 or U100 or F1352). The servers where the tag is a green "off" don't require anything, but also don't give rank updates.
If you're still at U1500 it looks like you raced only on "off" servers.

Min Grade - what does that mean?
if I don't have the minimum I won't get any rank increase ?

The grades are ascending, like U->F->E->...A->S. The tag shows the minimum rank you need to enter a server, as U you can't enter F or E.

RobPhoboS
27-09-2017, 10:41
I'm fairly certain I raced in some other servers that were the same ranking.
I will try more now and see what happens.

RobPhoboS
28-09-2017, 17:57
Also what's the Min Grade difference between Green and Red ?

Is there an in depth manual somewhere, as this is massively confusing.
I'm now U1504 but there are races that are green with higher ranking than me, so I don't get if I can join it and if I get any ranking points ?
(and before you say join it and see - that's easier said than done, 99% of the time I'm just spectating)