PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone else edit the Hud? (Broken for me)

CremasterFan
25-09-2017, 19:01
I want to remove the mirror at the top of the screen but the Hud editing won't save.

AbeWoz
25-09-2017, 19:03
works fine for me.

Check in the visual game settings. There is (IIRC) an option to turn off virtual mirror while still keeping the rest of the HUD

CremasterFan
25-09-2017, 19:08
Thank you. Are you on Xbox? Where is this setting? Editing the Hud manually does nothing for me, it doesn't save my edits.

Pink_650S
25-09-2017, 19:12
Quite a few people have reported the same issue.
Its working fine for me.

CremasterFan
25-09-2017, 19:14
That setting turns off the large mirror at the top of the screen only for cockpit view. I want it off in all views but the 'Edit Hud layout' is broken for me. Can save changes.

NeonFlux
25-09-2017, 19:29
It doesnt work for me either

DeathMetalRacer
25-09-2017, 19:42
It works fine for me. Are you all remembering to click on save in the lower middle part of the hud edit screen before backing out?

CremasterFan
25-09-2017, 19:43
It works fine for me. Are you all remembering to click on save in the lower middle part of the hud edit screen before backing out?

Yeah, sadly clicking on save does nothing at all for me.

TAGS Battfink
25-09-2017, 20:24
There is a temporary work around. Edit your hud. Then highlight the save option with the on screen pointer, then use the dpad to go down to cancel or exit whichever it is, then dpad back up to save, this works every time for me, i was getting the same bug as you

FIA
25-09-2017, 21:22
What iv noticed is, you need to move the other empty boxes out of the way first, then put your box there,
to save only use the D pad, press up/down to highlight save, press A button
don't use the onscreen dot with the analog stick and A button, this is just for moving the HUD

MXR SMILER
25-09-2017, 22:49
I'm on a wheel and found that I can save the hud. After you choose your requirements - using a controller - and want to save, turn off the controller and save with the wheel (a button) Worked for me.

ApeXShaver
25-09-2017, 23:13
I have the thrustmaster TX and put the thread in here yesterday with the same problem. Somebody told me to turn on my controller while I'm in the HUD settings set it up the way you want then turn the controller off and hit save with the button on your wheel. That worked for me so if you're having that problem it took care of it