PDA

View Full Version : Headlights should be brighter

Had
25-09-2017, 19:19
Is it just me (yes, it is), but the headlights could need a boost. I was just yelling at my keyboard, because the headlights wouldn’t switch on in the BAC mono. Guess what? They were on...I don’t have a racecar at home for testing, but the lights look very dim at night. Driving my Peugeot 508 sure is a lot more illuminated

Flashgod
25-09-2017, 19:22
For me it's not brightness but range, they should spread light much further away in front of the car...

CodeCmdr
25-09-2017, 19:46
On HDR displays they could also be a lot brighter. I don't think PCars2 is making good use of HDR. :(

3800racingfool
25-09-2017, 19:48
PCars 1: The headlights are too bright! They're not realistic at all!

Pcars 2: The headlights (now realistic) are too dark! I can't see!

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging here, but having driven ~110ish mph in the dark (something that I would never recommend doing, I was/am* a stupid idiot), I can vouch that the headlights in PC2 are pretty spot on as far as throw is concerned. What seems like a lot of light at 50mph ain't nothing at 100.

*Potentially am. Jury's out.

Had
25-09-2017, 20:02
For me it's not brightness but range, they should spread light much further away in front of the car...
You nailed it. Range is very poor. I parked a BAC mono just a few meters away from the barrier, and it wasn`t illuminated.

Roger Prynne
25-09-2017, 20:39
^ In the day or night?

Had
25-09-2017, 21:01
^ In the day or night?.
At night. Could be the map that has issues? Mazda Laguna Seca. But I cant test anymore 2nite, it’s time for zzzzzz

Umer Ahmad
25-09-2017, 21:22
We're investigating slightly brighter headlights. We also have seen that barriers and things off to the side arent reflecting enough. Road surface look ok.

blausven
25-09-2017, 21:27
The problem isn't bright or not bright, the real problem is, that there is no high beam on the headlights, only dimmed ones. And that, for sure isn't realistic at all. Not to mention the lack of realistic light reflections of headlights at night...

ChristsChinHair
25-09-2017, 21:31
Yep, the lights are weak and so glad to hear you're on the case but SOUND SOUND SOUND. Come on, fix the audio levels. A racing engine needs to sound like one. I want to feel like I need earplugs...or is it too much to ask in this Health and safety society.

Everything else is great. Oh, apart from the bugs, crashes and disconnects! Grr.

I know you guys at SMS will sort it. You've invested too much.

I know it's just a game but...

GenBrien
25-09-2017, 22:38
I don't think PCars2 is making good use of HDR. :(
kinda normal because its broken right now ;)

Had
26-09-2017, 04:44
Regarding high beams: The BAC mono has them, but only 1 setting for headlight, “on/off”.

Ian Bell
26-09-2017, 04:51
PCars 1: The headlights are too bright! They're not realistic at all!

Pcars 2: The headlights (now realistic) are too dark! I can't see!

I don't want to sound like I'm bragging here, but having driven ~110ish mph in the dark (something that I would never recommend doing, I was/am* a stupid idiot), I can vouch that the headlights in PC2 are pretty spot on as far as throw is concerned. What seems like a lot of light at 50mph ain't nothing at 100.

*Potentially am. Jury's out.

We were being cursed by all the real racing drivers that the lights were too effective...

blausven
26-09-2017, 04:59
Please add high beam, Ian! It would've so much more realistic then...

fireballassasin
26-09-2017, 07:12
I tried driving the ferrari daytona down Cote de Azure Highway at night and honestly thought I had blown my headlights at the starting line. I could not for the life of me see anything in front of me except the reflective lane markers. It was one of the scariest things I've done so far in this game. I enjoyed it but I don't think the headlights were at all realistic, or usable for that matter.

Joshude
26-09-2017, 09:25
The problem isn't bright or not bright, the real problem is, that there is no high beam on the headlights, only dimmed ones. And that, for sure isn't realistic at all. Not to mention the lack of realistic light reflections of headlights at night...

Yep, thats what i find strange, too.
See the picture ... I'm missing the sharp edge of a typical low-beam. It looks like its highbeam but the range is far away from highbeam.