PDA

View Full Version : Winter Soldier achievement issue - PC

Terrell Olvera
25-09-2017, 19:40
I have watched several videos of people getting this achievement, in both practice and quick race modes. They have set the season to Summer and the weather to snow. I have done this several times with clean laps and have not earned this achievement yet.

Just curious if anyone else has had this issue?

Terrell Olvera
26-09-2017, 04:35
Ok, tried it a few more times and am having no luck with this.

For those that have achieved it, what car did you use? Practice or quick race? Laps or time? Which season? Weather should be snow.

moeppel
26-09-2017, 21:16
Set Season to Winter (plus weather „snow“ of course)
Took me 8 attempts to figure it out as in all videos they do it in spring. Guess it got patched or so to meet logic

Formula X, default setup, easily in 6 to 7 min safety mode driving
Time trial or 1lap race - doesnt matter

Terrell Olvera
27-09-2017, 02:33
I was wondering if that was changed in the first patch but couldn't find the release notes to check. I will give it anotjer go in TT. Thanks for confirming.

Terrell Olvera
27-09-2017, 03:29
So I changed the season to winter and got the achievement.

I wonder how the devs intended this to be earned? Did they want us to do a sub-8 minute lap with snow on the ground? That is what I was trying to do, but had no luck in the Formula X with ice tires and therefore was trying to use one of the RX cars. I was getting better and with enough time maybe I could have gotten down to 8 minutes (I think my fastest was an 8:24), but it would've been tough.

takaii
03-10-2017, 15:32
So I changed the season to winter and got the achievement.

I wonder how the devs intended this to be earned? Did they want us to do a sub-8 minute lap with snow on the ground? That is what I was trying to do, but had no luck in the Formula X with ice tires and therefore was trying to use one of the RX cars. I was getting better and with enough time maybe I could have gotten down to 8 minutes (I think my fastest was an 8:24), but it would've been tough.

Had same issue i figured it out. Drive on the first of december! winter time. Then its no snow on track. USe weather snow. Pretty simple actually using formula x in that weather and time. I did summer first like all youtube videos but i think its fixed and patched