PDA

View Full Version : No splash or mud effects? [There are]

Rxdrifter7
25-09-2017, 19:55
In game with rain, the cars do not splash water up into the air like in the videos. When doing rally cross mud does not get thrown on the windshield and I can't hear the race engineer at all. What is the issue? Does ps4 pro not support these features? I have the digital download version and at this point I'm pissed off because had I known it was going to run so shitty I would have gambled on running this on my pc.

Sum Dixon-Ear
25-09-2017, 23:43
@Rx - I was in a career race at Silverstone in drying conditions and the cars in front were throwing up spray and water droplets landed onto my windscreen when they drove through puddles, looked amazing.

Try setting the engineer to always on, I hear him.

@Xt - There is an AI difficulty setting as well as an aggression setting.

PC users always get the latest builds far in advance of console versions... not a joke, just a reality.

GenBrien
25-09-2017, 23:43
Also, the PC is runing the 866 build and console is on the 844 lol what a joke
they can pump as many patches as they want on PC but on consoles they have to make them approved, wich takes some days

Rxdrifter7
26-09-2017, 03:23
Yea, idk puddles were just glass puddles I would hydroplane and it would feel like a puddle but watching the replay there is no misting spray from driving and the puddles didn't do anything except look like I drove over ice.

Ian Bell
26-09-2017, 03:31
Yea, idk puddles were just glass puddles I would hydroplane and it would feel like a puddle but watching the replay there is no misting spray from driving and the puddles didn't do anything except look like I drove over ice.

Replays have much reduced visual acuity for memory purposes.

slif
26-09-2017, 09:04
they can pump as many patches as they want on PC but on consoles they have to make them approved, wich takes some days

Same as on PC1 - the fact that testing gets done much more on the PC than the consoles.
There is such a huge fan base, I'm surprised that there isnt a PS4 testing group.

Rxdrifter7
26-09-2017, 09:32

Even racing other cars, the cars in front were not causing a mist effect it was like racing I the dry, and when they hit puddles while in game it was like ice. Hell there wasn't even tire smoke or tire marks from slamming on the brakes.

I did however shut the console off and tried again to race again in the rain and now there's tire misting and puddle splashes in race and during the replay now. It's some kind of bug I guess, really annoying.

Ian Bell
26-09-2017, 09:33
Even racing other cars, the cars in front were not causing a mist effect it was like racing I the dry, and when they hit puddles while in game it was like ice. Hell there wasn't even tire smoke or tire marks from slamming on the brakes.

I did however shut the console off and tried again to race again in the rain and now there's tire misting and puddle splashes in race and during the replay now. It's some kind of bug I guess, really annoying.

I certainly get my windscreen covered as the car in front crosses a puddle.

EDIT just read the bottom bit... Hmm... first mention but we'll keep and eye on it.

ironman
17-10-2017, 11:29

(Hi Ian, many thanks to the team for this amazing piece of software....really !!!)

Is it possible to improve "visual acuity" in replays during the future process of refinement/optimization by patches ?

ace1973
31-10-2017, 22:57
Maybe in the future you guys should be honest and tell us that the replays and cutscenes used prior to release were all on PC, and the console versions are going to look like crap. I'm not sure but seems like the consoles should have enough processing power at this point to at least have consistent spray in the replay or the cars not rendered in 2D unless they are right in front of the camera. Kind of loses the whole raining effect when watching a replay when the distant shots the track looks completely dry, but as the car gets close oh wow there is spray and it is raining. Very disappointing.

Ian Bell
31-10-2017, 23:44
Maybe in the future you guys should be honest and tell us that the replays and cutscenes used prior to release were all on PC, and the console versions are going to look like crap. I'm not sure but seems like the consoles should have enough processing power at this point to at least have consistent spray in the replay or the cars not rendered in 2D unless they are right in front of the camera. Kind of loses the whole raining effect when watching a replay when the distant shots the track looks completely dry, but as the car gets close oh wow there is spray and it is raining. Very disappointing.

This is the same on PC, We're not dishonest. LiveTrack details LOD in at the same distance on all machines...

We don't render any cars in 2d let alone 'right in front of you'. The cars are at 40,000 polys 25 metres away.

Konan
01-11-2017, 00:34

There are better ways of expressing your griefs than in this condescending manner...think about that typing your next post...

ace1973
01-11-2017, 01:46
So I've got several instances during replays and in races where at a distance the wheels on the cars jump back to a flat, no depth "looks like 2D to me". Sorry if I sound condescending, don't mean to be. More frustrated that as amazing the potential of this title, it feels like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. The patch fixed several issues, only to create several more. No or very little tire wear, was fine before. The online disconnects are worse than before. The AI in career mode is all over the place. The engine sound is now extremely low in cockpit view, while the mica of the online players are deafening even turned all the way down. Certain vehicles the track noises are so loud it sounds like the sound is coming from inside the fender well or on the a arms for fenderless cars. So not condescending just wishing there was at least one part of the game that I could play with confidence that it was going to react the way it should.

Ian Bell
01-11-2017, 01:56
So I've got several instances during replays and in races where at a distance the wheels on the cars jump back to a flat, no depth "looks like 2D to me". Sorry if I sound condescending, don't mean to be. More frustrated that as amazing the potential of this title, it feels like the right hand doesn't know what the left is doing. The patch fixed several issues, only to create several more. No or very little tire wear, was fine before. The online disconnects are worse than before. The AI in career mode is all over the place. The engine sound is now extremely low in cockpit view, while the mica of the online players are deafening even turned all the way down. Certain vehicles the track noises are so loud it sounds like the sound is coming from inside the fender well or on the a arms for fenderless cars. So not condescending just wishing there was at least one part of the game that I could play with confidence that it was going to react the way it should.

The wheels are 3d until about 500 metres out. Our C LOD (lodding in after X, A and B) has 3d wheels, basic but 3d. No doubt though in replays we need to look to focus detail around the action instead of the camera position.

The online metrics we get show a much more solid online process than for pCARS1.

Agreed there are some sound balancing issues that could be improved.

The AI has had a lot of balancing work coming in the next patch.

ace1973
01-11-2017, 02:09
Well I greatly appreciate the honesty from you. Ran a one hour test race last night for the league I am in and the disconnects where very prevalent. However I believe mine has something to do with the UDP and running RC Dash while connecting. If I waited to turn it on after getting to the track I was not disconnected. I believe online is close, if the lag while joining could be reduced and the tire wear issue can be rectified.

Schadows
26-11-2017, 21:29
The wheels are 3d until about 500 metres out. Our C LOD (lodding in after X, A and B) has 3d wheels, basic but 3d.I think, the latest Digital Foundry comparison video (PS4 Pro vs Xbox One X) probably shows what ace was trying to say.

https://youtu.be/r81jUOvULQY?t=3m24s

I do think it's a bug in this case because it doesn't happen for every cars I believe.