PDA

View Full Version : Custom grid tool by Crowtrobot

LeMansnut
25-09-2017, 20:11
Anybody know whether we're likely to see Crowtrobot's Custom grid tool or something similar

Loving the game but would like to pick my own grids.

Cheers

Blueflight
25-09-2017, 20:36
Woule love to see the custom grid and custom livery tool for PCars 2, too!

Endurancer
11-10-2017, 05:40
Woule love to see the custom grid and custom livery tool for PCars 2, too!

+1 here

Machinist90
11-10-2017, 05:53
he's waiting for someone to run the game unpacked

Ferraristo
11-10-2017, 05:57
The custom career tool would be awesome too!

Cheesenium
11-10-2017, 06:14
Also, the way the cars arranged in the grid is bugged at the moment. Certain cars like F50 GT1, BMW M6 GTLM or SLS GT3 tend to start right at the front for GT1, GTE and GT3. Pretty much every class in bugged in some ways as you do not get randomised grid arrangements like Pcars 1.

I haven't seen some cars for a long long time, like 911 GT1, Sauber C9 or Mustang GT4 because they only appeared at the back.

LamboMantisMan23
12-10-2017, 13:27
he's waiting for someone to run the game unpacked

We’ve had the game running unpacked pretty much since day 1, it’s just we can’t release anything due to its implications if we did and SMS would not like it. I’ve already spoke to Crow and he’s got it kind of working, but it’s gonna be a while before it’s possible to release anything unless SMS allow it.

Bloodiwolfi
12-10-2017, 14:38
We’ve had the game running unpacked pretty much since day 1, it’s just we can’t release anything due to its implications if we did and SMS would not like it. I’ve already spoke to Crow and he’s got it kind of working, but it’s gonna be a while before it’s possible to release anything unless SMS allow it.

Please allow SMS. Please.

Blueflight
12-10-2017, 15:54
Please allow SMS. Please.

This. Maybe we should do a thread about modding and let SMS know how important a modding community is to a game. Iīm sure they know that already but maybe itīs necessary to let them know from their customers itself.
Because serious modding does only benefit a game and will expand its lifetime that much.

crowtrobot
12-10-2017, 17:55
So yeah, quick update - Good news and Bad news.

Good news: I unpacked the pakfiles I needed last night and the tool is still functioning (code-wise) with the needed pakfiles unpacked.

Bad news: it only half-works in game.

The tool works by editing two files for the car: one that sets which class the car belongs to, and the other that controls which liveries a car has. The changes to the files that control the liveries do not seem to stick, so you get mostly the right vehicles in the group, but the number of them and the liveries selected are random, so the grid selection does not work out as defined by the user's chosen list, which is kind of the point.

I only got an hour or so to test, so it may be that I'm missing something, but at the moment it seems like there may need to be some changes on the game side for this to work as it did, or some clever new approach that hasn't been thought of yet.

christophe91
12-10-2017, 18:26
I'm ready to advance your work.:cool:

McKiernan
12-10-2017, 20:51

Good news: I unpacked the pakfiles I needed last night and the tool is still functioning (code-wise) with the needed pakfiles unpacked.

The tool works by editing two files for the car: one that sets which class the car belongs to, and the other that controls which liveries a car has. The changes to the files that control the liveries do not seem to stick, so you get mostly the right vehicles in the group, but the number of them and the liveries selected are random, so the grid selection does not work out as defined by the user's chosen list, which is kind of the point.

I only got an hour or so to test, so it may be that I'm missing something, but at the moment it seems like there may need to be some changes on the game side for this to work as it did, or some clever new approach that hasn't been thought of yet.

Thank you for the update and for the effort you've put so far into this. I really hope some breakthrough can be found as this tool (& custom livery tool) were fantastic in the original title. Much appreciated :applause:

Endurancer
13-10-2017, 01:15
Well, there is hope, so it seems. And yes, thank you crowtrobot for the update and effort.

vassalfada
13-10-2017, 03:52

Sounds promising ! Thanks for your effort, I'm looking forward to see the result;)

crowtrobot
13-10-2017, 04:38
Soon...

E_Luckow
13-10-2017, 05:28
Fantastic news! Thanks a lot! :yes:

xelapc
13-10-2017, 05:52
Is there a logical reason why SMS not allowed modding? Modding is the soul of (racing) games. Have they ever think twice why Assetto Corsa is so successfull and afflited positiv ...

Blueflight
13-10-2017, 05:55
Soon...

OMG, thank you so much. This great game needs just a great tool again like this :D
This just made my day.

christophe91
18-10-2017, 15:24
News from grid editor ?

Endurancer
19-10-2017, 16:01
Good to know I am not the only one who can hardly wait... :D

ELAhrairah
21-10-2017, 14:01
Bump! #neverforget

Tar Heel
24-10-2017, 03:13
Bump

crowtrobot
25-10-2017, 21:02
Still on my radar, just haven't had a chance to get back to the code. Real life is hectic at the moment, hopefully will take a look in the next few days.

shiftee
26-10-2017, 17:03
Still on my radar, just haven't had a chance to get back to the code. Real life is hectic at the moment, hopefully will take a look in the next few days.

take your time, real life always takes priority of course. I hope this means we will see the return of your awesome Custom Championship Tool mod also! Pcars2 definitely needs it...

crowtrobot
27-10-2017, 14:48
First version is up: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56467-Custom-Grid-Tool-2-Custom-Grids-for-Solo-Quick-Race&p=1409746#post1409746

If there are any problems, please post in that thread.

Taloca
27-10-2017, 16:56
Sorry, doesnīt work for me. I used it the same way as in pCARS1. Selected a grid of 21 cars and chose 20 AI opponents.
Sure to select Same Class? Not Multiclass?

Endurancer
27-10-2017, 22:12
Now we are talking! (Sorry, bad photographer)

Thank you very much. Now we just need SMS to allow 56-60 cars in Le Mans for PC users at least.......

Endurancer
27-10-2017, 22:15
Sorry, doesnīt work for me. I used it the same way as in pCARS1. Selected a grid of 21 cars and chose 20 AI opponents.
Sure to select Same Class? Not Multiclass?

It worked for me with Same Class and same procedure you described. I don't know if that is the trick, but I selected my car in the option that sorts cars "by classes", and picked the Custom Grid Tool Class ("CUD" or something like that). Hope it helps.

McKiernan
27-10-2017, 22:23
Did you make sure to keep the tool running when you start the game?

Ex01
02-11-2017, 09:12
I don't understand why this is not in the base game? It's a simple basic that other sims have been doing for years... (like allot of missing features).

SlowBloke
02-11-2017, 10:21
Criticising design decisions of the game is not the right thread for this Ex01. Lets keep it clean and specific to this excellent mod ?

2knowone
02-11-2017, 22:23
I guess than you are publishing a game (with the goal to generate profit) you must be sure to have the license to use certain designs or trademarks within this title. In Pcars 1, for example all cars had tires from a fictive manufacturer. If you look to the new title it seems that they could afford a license for pirelli labeled content. Or there is an other agreement that SMS was allowed to use the name. Without a financial interest publishing a special crew liverie/skin the rules are not so strict, maybe. So you always have to keep in mind : The price of production ist mostly paid by credits (crowd founding), so the day will come than these investors want there money back. If you spend to much for licensing you got less money for programming etc. . And than maybe get a good looking game that doesn't work at the end. Just my opinion.