PDA

View Full Version : Sequential Shifting

Codeten68
25-09-2017, 20:27
What is the best way to swap between my sequential stick shifter and my wheel paddles (preferably on a per car basis)?
Thanks

RC-5PO
25-09-2017, 20:57
On my TX if I have my shifter set up as sequential I can switch back and forth between paddles and shifter without changing anything. This is on Xbox if that matters.

finagle69
25-09-2017, 21:35
I use Joy2Key. In game, I mapped ']' and '[' to 'upshift' and 'downshift' respectively. In joy2key, i mapped my flappy paddles to [ ] and my Fanatec SQ shifter also to [ ]. This ended up working perfectly.

Codeten68
26-09-2017, 09:18
Thanks guys....what I have is a custom wheel with paddles but also a seperate Fanatec shifter which can be used for H-pattern or sequential...but as you know some sequential cars use paddles, some stick sequential stick so I would like to be able to use either my paddles or the stick depending on which car I am in but the only way I can see of doing it is to go in to controller settings and remap the up/down shift controls...it would have been handy to have an alternative mapping option...I cant even see an option to save/load controller profiles but I may just be blind.
Cheers

SimpleSkin
26-09-2017, 14:11
Thanks guys....what I have is a custom wheel with paddles but also a seperate Fanatec shifter which can be used for H-pattern or sequential...but as you know some sequential cars use paddles, some stick sequential stick so I would like to be able to use either my paddles or the stick depending on which car I am in but the only way I can see of doing it is to go in to controller settings and remap the up/down shift controls...it would have been handy to have an alternative mapping option...I cant even see an option to save/load controller profiles but I may just be blind.
Cheers

I would like to be able to do this as well. I have to remap my shift buttons every time I change cars to be "authentic" Ideally the paddles would always work on a sequential car and so would the sequential mode of the Fantec shifter. Then I would use either the shifter or the paddles depending on what car I'm using.

cheers

ECT CHEF
26-09-2017, 14:16
That would be a nice feature, I also have the Fanatec seq shifter. Also in the game instead of saying 6 speed sequential, they should've broke it down to 6 speed paddle and 6 speed stick sequential to know exactly what the car has so we can adjust.

finagle69
26-09-2017, 22:18
Did you guys read my reply? Using Joy2key app you can achieve this on PC

Codeten68
27-09-2017, 07:45
Did you guys read my reply? Using Joy2key app you can achieve this on PC

Yes...many thanks...this is an excellent workaround...I use Joy2key a lot with Assetto for different things.
This was also one of my gripes with AC...but content manager sorted that for me with the ability to set per car control profiles and have them load automatically with each car (I used 2 profiles...Stick and Paddle).
Anyways...thanks again.
Regards

Fanapryde
05-11-2017, 00:10
But for some reason it does not work any more...
Using JoyToKey to get paddles and SQ shifters worked fine before, now it does not.
Still works in the other sims, so nothing wrong with the settings.

Edit: got it working again, by editing the button assignment. I had the up/down gears mapped to arrow up/arrow down (which worked fine until a while ago - still works for the other sims). Changed the shifters to left and right square brackets and that did the trick. Had to change it for the other sims too.