PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 911 GT4 car undriveable?!

jespergb
25-09-2017, 20:50
Why is the Porsche 911 GT4 car so undriveable - the sliiiightest oversteer will snap the rear out. I shouldn't be so difficult - feels wrong.

I play on PC with all assits on authentic.

(Pcars 2)

Cholton82
25-09-2017, 21:13
I take it you mean the Cayman GT4 ? If so I've driven this car more than any other through the Championship and find it very controllable , actually it's quite tame. I play on PS4 though using the T300 so maybe I'm experiencing something different.

Jezza819
25-09-2017, 21:26
I take it you mean the Cayman GT4 ? If so I've driven this car more than any other through the Championship and find it very controllable , actually it's quite tame. I play on PS4 though using the T300 so maybe I'm experiencing something different.

Yeah I drove it around Donington last night and didn't have to touch anything on it.

ChristsChinHair
25-09-2017, 21:34
I know what you mean, penultimate corner at RedBull Ring is really tricky. Very light on the rear. 911 GT3 also a little bit trickier. Bit more like a 964 or 993 if you ask me (having owned both)

Love the new driving dynamic generally though.

It's just the sound that's the problem. So Quiet.

CrispyE
25-09-2017, 21:35
I have to agree. Something is way off with the Cayman GT4. I have tried millions of different settings with both, the soft and the hard slicks. The traction control doesn't do much either.

jespergb
25-09-2017, 21:56
yes that is the one. I still think it's loose - but now i drive it better. But still too loose imho.

Jezza819
25-09-2017, 21:58
I know what you mean, penultimate corner at RedBull Ring is really tricky. Very light on the rear. 911 GT3 also a little bit trickier. Bit more like a 964 or 993 if you ask me (having owned both)

Love the new driving dynamic generally though.

It's just the sound that's the problem. So Quiet.

Yeah I've never had to turn a game way UP on my tv to hear it.

rosko
25-09-2017, 22:00
I have to agree. Something is way off with the Cayman GT4. I have tried millions of different settings with both, the soft and the hard slicks. The traction control doesn't do much either.

TC? its a GT4.

Leynad
25-09-2017, 22:36
The Cayman is definitely broken. This is an easy to drive car for rich people and not particularly a racing-car. The Cup-version should be even more stable than the street-car due to more downforce from the gurney flap and different diffusor. I heart in an interview it's more easy to drive than a BMW M235i Cup, which can be a bit tricky from the rear-traction. Infos about the handling and camber/toe setup i found here in German:
http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/motorsport/porsche-cayman-gt4-und-gt4-clubsport-im-tracktest-10562749.html

I think the Mercedes 190 Group A and Formula Rookie are broken as well and i couldn't find anything in the setup to fix this.

3800racingfool
25-09-2017, 23:23
Huh, the Cayman is probably my favorite out of the GT4 class. It's not super quick in a straight line but it glides through the corners far better than any of the other GT4s I've driven. Now if you were talking about the 302R on the other hand, that sonnova-gun loves to be tail happy (live axles ftw).

Leynad
26-09-2017, 08:35
I don't care if people like this car. I want to get rid of this ridiculous oversteer-behavior and when more front brake-balance, softer rear ARB and springs (tried even tyres), less rear camber and toe, stiffer differential etc. doesn't induce some kind of understeer, it's broken.

Leynad
26-09-2017, 09:04
By the way: According to the manual many of the setup-options with the Cayman should be greyed out. ARB and Dampers are fixed and the differential is only lockable.

FijiNeal
23-07-2018, 09:09
They give you hard slicks as default, try soft. What a difference.

Chin
23-07-2018, 18:17
No issues driving it...went through the career without issue. Your struggles do not mean it is undriveable.

As for the adjustments...just went to the Manthey GT4 CS MR website and it says they have 2-way adjustable shocks and it has an adjustable blade style sway bar. Not sure what manual you are looking at...

Markspeed
23-07-2018, 18:51

Now, now. Don't exaggerate, there's only enough time in a day to try 394, 648 different settings on both hard and soft tires.
You'd need the whole weekend without sleep in order to try millions of setting on both compounds.

Still though... I detect dedication and devotion to the scientific method somewhere around here.

A Scott
24-07-2018, 13:33
Why is the Porsche 911 GT4 car so undriveable - the sliiiightest oversteer will snap the rear out. I shouldn't be so difficult - feels wrong.

I play on PC with all assits on authentic.

(Pcars 2)

If you dont mind could I grab your tune please,
All I get in this car is understeer.

blinkngone
26-07-2018, 20:38
If you dont mind could I grab your tune please,
All I get in this car is understeer.

Hey A Scott, your platform indicates you are on PC, if so you can grab setups from TT. If your platform is not correct here is a TT tune for you. I can get most tracks if you want them. Opinions will always differ but this is a great car to me and many others.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63517-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-6-0&p=1524004&viewfull=1#post1524004

Keena
26-07-2018, 21:06
Yeah the default tunes are really poor in my humble opinion. From memory the brake balance is like 70/30 and i brought that back to 49/51 before i started getting oversteer under braking. Thats just one setting. After much much reading and fiddling now have a really nice base setup but i agree- in its default state its not pretty. Its recoverable though which is the happy news :)

A Scott
26-07-2018, 22:59
Hey A Scott, your platform indicates you are on PC, if so you can grab setups from TT. If your platform is not correct here is a TT tune for you. I can get most tracks if you want them. Opinions will always differ but this is a great car to me and many others.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?63517-Setup-Requests-for-Consoles(pictures)-Post-Patch-6-0&p=1524004&viewfull=1#post1524004

Thankyou ill check it out,

I know thier 2 different cars etc, but the Ginetta just feels more right imo, but everyone has thier own personal preference etc as you say.

blinkngone
27-07-2018, 00:05
Thankyou ill check it out,

I know thier 2 different cars etc, but the Ginetta just feels more right imo, but everyone has thier own personal preference etc as you say.

Yeah, the Ginetta GT4 appears to have a much better Default setup than the Cayman at most tracks. I thought the OP mentioned he was having problems with setting up the Cayman which for him is true but others have been able to get the Cayman setup where it can compete with the Ginetta at most tracks.

A Scott
27-07-2018, 15:39
Yeah, the Ginetta GT4 appears to have a much better Default setup than the Cayman at most tracks. I thought the OP mentioned he was having problems with setting up the Cayman which for him is true but others have been able to get the Cayman setup where it can compete with the Ginetta at most tracks.

I cant comment on default as personally I dont like them,
But I tried that tune & I experienced slightly more understeer than what I had with my tune, also about 6 or 7 laps I think engine was yellow with damage so I guess its a hot lap tune, but thankyou anyway,
I race the Cayman more and with the correct style more than capable car.