PDA

View Full Version : Snow in Daytona

Ollrick
25-09-2017, 22:12
Hi,
when i choose automatic wheater (the cube) then it snows in Daytona at Summer !?
Come on! That canīt be serious.
Please fix for more realism.

Thy...

riverreveal
25-09-2017, 22:24
I'd quite like option to disable snow in any aspect of the sim. I'm not interested in the off road stuff. I have no interest in driving on snowy tracks during career mode in an open wheeler. I can no longer set weather to random because of what the op says. If people like it, cool, but for me it's just an added on back of the box gimmick that isn't as fleshed out or well integrated as the amazing suite of weather options and transitions the rest of the sim offers.

JakeDiggitty
25-09-2017, 22:34
I love all of the off-road stuff, especially the snow (one of the original main reasons I got PCars2 since I play IRacing often for tarmac.. love all of pcars2 now though). But I agree, they need to calm it down at least to a semi-realistic level in career, and obviously fix the "automatic weather" based on the location for folks like yourselves that are not interested.

3800racingfool
25-09-2017, 23:28
Hi,
when i choose automatic wheater (the cube) then it snows in Daytona at Summer !?
Come on! That canīt be serious.
Please fix for more realism.

Thy...

You do realize that the 'cube' in question (it's called a dice) is not automatic but is instead random. As in, put all the weather options into a hat and pick one and that's what you get. Realism has nothing to do with it.

That said, I'll be interested if, for Pcars 3, they'll model the weather in a way that basically allows for independent temperature and precipitation sliders. So that the colder the weather, the precip changes from rain, to snow (with sleet, freezing rain, and ice as possibilities in between). Thereby making it impossible for snow to be present in warm/hot climates while being present in colder climates.

riverreveal
25-09-2017, 23:49
With regards to your 2nd paragraph that's exactly what I hope pcars3 does.

While the cube is random, in pcars1 (with the absence of snow) the majority, not all, but the majority of time the random weather wasn't out of place. With inclusion of snow it's a lot more obvious as there are far more in game circuits where snow is next to impossible. So while I agree random isn't realistic, the use of it created far less unusual events than what random does now and people did use it as a means for random realism, whether that was what the developers intended or not.

A compromise would be another option that enables the user to select or deselect which weather's the cube can generate.