PDA

View Full Version : what exactly does auto tune do with informative and immersive ffb flavours?

whip
25-09-2017, 22:48
as the title says, these 2 flavours have something called auto tune which does something like balance the all the ffb forces, but i would like to kjnow exactly what it does

immersive mode just feels super heavt and volume doesn't reduce the weight to me

drathuu
26-09-2017, 10:26
As i understand it from WMD,

It starts at a low FFB level and increases it.. it watches the forces and detects clipping.. When it starts to clip it stops increasing FFB forces, however it autotunes over a lap or two.. as it has to detect the peak force - which may occur anywhere on any turn on the track.

So what you end up with is the FFB strength set so it wont clip - However some then feel the FFB is weaker.. as it is ensuring that the Peak force (Which may only occur a couple of times a lap) doesnt clip. The upside is you will get all the effects .. however if the wheel isnt strong, they maybe so weak you dont notice them.

ironman
26-09-2017, 11:55
please can someone tell me where autotune feature is located ?
thank you

Siberian Tiger
26-09-2017, 12:06
It's integrated in Informative and Immersive.

ironman
26-09-2017, 12:24
It's integrated in Informative and Immersive.

Thank you very much !
I kindly ask: is it necessary to make some laps before the feature does the job ? Is wrong changing flavour during track session (pressing esc, option anf ffb setting) ??
Thank you so much (ffb is the most important aspect to fine tune in the game/simulation....).

honespc
26-09-2017, 12:24
^hadn't seen that. Thanks

poirqc
26-09-2017, 12:27
Does this autotune process takes place again every time you change settings in the garage(FFB affecting settings)?

Thanks,

ironik
26-09-2017, 12:30
Does this autotune process takes place again every time you change settings in the garage(FFB affecting settings)?

Thanks,

The autotune system is always there in the background, so it should adapt after driving a while.

Maciej619
26-09-2017, 12:45
I have the same issue with immersive mode being very heavy on my t500rs. Will it soften up a bit after it autotunes?
Also can anyone explain me the ffb telemetry? Especially those six bars..
Thanks!

SimonJ
26-09-2017, 12:50
that is interesting did not know that either been messing with Jacks ffb files on custom with OSW does the auto tune work with custom selected too ?
will try RAW and informative when i get home too

If it works with custom selected and using jacks ffb file do i just run laps and it will set so no clipping from sim ? and is this active all the time or just tii it sets it self
I generally test on the ring in C7r Corvette as i race same car in RF2 so would it be better to test on shorter track or is it adjusted track by tack ?
Thanks

SimonJ
26-09-2017, 12:58
I have the same issue with immersive mode being very heavy on my t500rs. Will it soften up a bit after it autotunes?
Also can anyone explain me the ffb telemetry? Especially those six bars..
Thanks!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW5ESYLlNnk
Yes
at about 21 mins 30 sec worth watching all of it very informative

Exoil
26-09-2017, 13:11
Is this something that's available in console version also?

I have a hard time wrapping my head around the FFB with some cars in a class having a heavy and very pronounced feel and other cars in the same class being feather light with no feel whatsoever of grip, kerbs, surface you name it.
I haven't really noticed the FFB changing at all during the first two laps, so perhaps it isn't available on consoles?

Juiced46
26-09-2017, 13:19
Maybe I am a newb but what exactly is "clipping" with a wheel? I know when you reach the limit of the wheel it "clips" but what does the wheel do? Does it loose FFB or start shaking etc?

I would also like to know if this Autotune is built into Console versions.

Maciej619
26-09-2017, 13:28
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW5ESYLlNnk
Yes
at about 21 mins 30 sec worth watching all of it very informative

Thanks!

Exoil
26-09-2017, 13:32
Maybe I am a newb but what exactly is "clipping" with a wheel? I know when you reach the limit of the wheel it "clips" but what does the wheel do? Does it loose FFB or start shaking etc?

Forces are not felt properly. If it clips you don't feel that signal in the wheel

Maciej619
26-09-2017, 13:50

I'm a newb as well, but from what I understand, is that if you overdo the force feedback setting, you're loosing some fine detail, for example road imperfections.
I try to imagine it like music - when you turn the volume knob to high, your speakers start to make undesirable noise, cutting finer detail etc.
Volume knob would be your settings, and the speaker would be the kind of steering wheel you have.
Correct me if I'm wrong:P

honespc
26-09-2017, 13:59
I don't have autotune option when immersive and informative are highlighted. Anyone?

Also, in the graphics/performance setup menu, the "Experimental Features" option does not appear as well. Why?

ironik
26-09-2017, 15:40
I don't have autotune option when immersive and informative are highlighted. Anyone?

Also, in the graphics/performance setup menu, the "Experimental Features" option does not appear as well. Why?

It's running in the background when using these presets. No option available for that besides in the custom FFB file.

whip
26-09-2017, 17:24
Ok thanks guys.

The immersive still has me baffled as its just super heavy all the time. The volume does nothing

Kitt
26-09-2017, 17:54
Maybe just got a weird wheel [g29] but I find the default custom setting the best with about 85 gain volume 41 tone 32 ,setting tone too high just gives me a heavy dead feeling wheel