PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else having issues with rain driving...?

Werdpc
25-09-2017, 22:50
First off. I'm enjoying the game a lot so far, even with the ffb bug on my g920. Glad to know sms is already fixing it in a patch soon.
I've just been playing through the career mode and have done 2 rain races so far and both of them the hydroplaning got so bad it was uncontrollable, and I'm a fairly seasoned racing game player. First was the invitational race with the x bow. The back straight became impossible after some rain. The second rain race I did was the ginetta gt5 championship series. I believe the 3rd race at silverstone. It rained through practice and qualifying and I drove with know issues, felt great actually, lots of fun. Race day was a bit heavier rain and about halfway through the race after the first hairpin the straight became so puddled that I couldn't even get over it at very low speeds without spinning all over the place. Basically was impossible. Didn't help that the AI cruised on unaffected as I lost the race several times before giving up and just taking the loss. I even tried extreme wet tires to no avail.....
Am I missing something here or is this a real problem with the game.

ApeXShaver
25-09-2017, 23:16
Yeah I saw your thread and thought I would respond because it wasn't so much that I was having trouble in the rain, it was the way the AI acted like there was no problem at all. To verify that I actually went into replay and got in one of their cockpits in the same car and there was definitely not much problem for them. SMS I hope you're listening to this because that something that definitely needs to be corrected!

Lukeymonster
26-09-2017, 00:03
I had major problems in the Ginetta Jr cup and the KTM challenge since they don't have rain tires. Then I remember you can adjust TCS within the car management system. Made it so much better for me.

ApeXShaver
26-09-2017, 00:42
I had major problems in the Ginetta Jr cup and the KTM challenge since they don't have rain tires. Then I remember you can adjust TCS within the car management system. Made it so much better for me.

Yeah but you shouldn't have to do that

GRTfast
26-09-2017, 01:32
I was in a lobby the other night at hockenheim. Everyone in 488 gt3's. It started raining. Everyone seemed like they lost traction, but me and one other guy kept running dry track laptimes. We lapped everyone. I was on soft slicks.

milliotseb
26-09-2017, 05:13
I was in a lobby the other night at hockenheim. Everyone in 488 gt3's. It started raining. Everyone seemed like they lost traction, but me and one other guy kept running dry track laptimes. We lapped everyone. I was on soft slicks.

Yes this happens. It's a known issue (weather is not always synchronizing between all players during online race)

vglnte102
26-09-2017, 05:17
How about that the rain looks horrible compared to pcars1? Aside from ai just flying right through puddles

hexagram87
26-09-2017, 15:16
I’m having this issue also, the AI drive straight through puddles no problem while I’m battling to stay on the track. Some of the invitational events are impossible to win right now.

Neurotoxin
27-09-2017, 23:32
Same here, did 24 hr Lemans and it progressed into a thunderstorm- the AI was flying around like it was sunny and 75 degrees while I was spinning and sliding off the track. Same with ice/snow. Am I the only one that thinks these bugs should be addressed prior to release? I hate spending $60 on broken game.

hexagram87
28-09-2017, 00:26
Same here, did 24 hr Lemans and it progressed into a thunderstorm- the AI was flying around like it was sunny and 75 degrees while I was spinning and sliding off the track. Same with ice/snow. Am I the only one that thinks these bugs should be addressed prior to release? I hate spending $60 on broken game.

Agreed, it’s a joke we paid $60 on a broken game. The AI drive through puddles like they’re not there... it’s infuriating.

Gav88888
18-10-2017, 05:48
Yeah but you shouldn't have to do that

Surely adjusting TC in wet conditions makes it realistic, assuming the car has TC as standard? Also tire pressures make puddles worst and grip in general.

But there are still bugs so the game won't be perfect for a while.

Roger Prynne
18-10-2017, 09:25
Driving in rain (including puddles) and tweaking tyres for user and AI is being addressed for a future patch and being tested as we speak.

charleydood
18-10-2017, 13:46
^^^ exactly what I came into this thread to see!! That it's being looked at and will be fixed soon :)