PDA

View Full Version : Racing License System..Broken?!! [Working. Just UI update issue]

MrGoose1119
25-09-2017, 23:23
Hey all! Does anyone have any idea exactly how the license system is supposed to work and if its working right? I understand that you want to move down in letters, the closer you are to A the better your ranking and so on. The problem I'm seeing is that not everyone is moving the same, even when you run a very clean race and even win it some people ranks aren't changing like others (and yes the license system was turned on). But for example I finished 5th in a nascar race and my rank went down in a good way quite a bit, but the people ahead of me who were not ranked as well as I am did not move?? Shouldn't their rank drop a good amount since they beat someone several levels better?

Thanks for any input guys! have a good day
P.S- I'm absolutely loving this game. it looks and place amazing!!

Jaydan5778
25-09-2017, 23:33
Hey all! Does anyone have any idea exactly how the license system is supposed to work and if its working right? I understand that you want to move down in letters, the closer you are to A the better your ranking and so on. The problem I'm seeing is that not everyone is moving the same, even when you run a very clean race and even win it some people ranks aren't changing like others (and yes the license system was turned on). But for example I finished 5th in a nascar race and my rank went down in a good way quite a bit, but the people ahead of me who were not ranked as well as I am did not move?? Shouldn't their rank drop a good amount since they beat someone several levels better?

Thanks for any input guys! have a good day
P.S- I'm absolutely loving this game. it looks and place amazing!!

Yes it seems abit buggy at the moment mine seems to be jumping from f to u just by restarting the game

nascarjake
26-09-2017, 00:09
This weekend I got up to rank E, quit playing online and played career. By the end of yesterday I noticed I was rank U but with the same number. And the graph on my profile isn't changed, it still shows E as the last entry.

Not like I'm that butt hurt about it, but as someone coming from iRacing, if you are gonna include rankings people take that stuff REALLY seriously, cause it's like an investment ya know? And this just kinda shows me the whole thing is still half baked.

The biggest suggestion I would make is to provide more feedback to the user after each session about how it affected their rankings. And include a screen in statistics that allows a driver to look back at his past races and see in detail how he got to his current ranking. They thought of this with the graph in the profile screen, but that concept needs to be expanded greatly.

Cause hell maybe there isn't a bug. Maybe somehow my career races were counted and I simply didn't know that was part of the game. Who knows. It's still real early.

I'm sure all of that is planned. I have faith :)

Brado23
26-09-2017, 01:50
I noticed the same thing last night. My E1509 rating at the time went from that to U1509 in the main menu screen. I switched it off and when I loaded my PC later it was back to E1509. I think it may just be some sort of UI refresh bug or something?

Umer Ahmad
26-09-2017, 01:56
There is a UI bug, restarting the game refreshes to the correct value. In a coming patch we will fix the UI problem.

More information about this license: http://www.projectcarsesports.com/license.html

Brado23
26-09-2017, 02:57
That page has great info, some of which I didn't know. Thanks.

I'm glad to see that Rallycross is treated differently too.

nascarjake
26-09-2017, 03:34
Glad to see that page as well.

Was I the only one who watched the 4 part dev play throughs, and during the multiplayer noticed they said it was 1500 and went down to 100, stating that a lower score was better?
Other articles before the game was released said this too. Did it change right before? I personally like it the new way. Just asking.

Brado23
26-09-2017, 04:23
Yeah I noticed that too, and I agree the new way used now is better.

Colburnnn
26-09-2017, 05:38
Was convinced getting a lower score was better... Didn't see anything saying that 5000 was the best. But would explain why I went 'up' after performing well in races.

oscarolim
26-09-2017, 06:16
There is a UI bug, restarting the game refreshes to the correct value. In a coming patch we will fix the UI problem.

More information about this license: http://www.projectcarsesports.com/license.html

Do you know how many clean races you need to reach B? It doesn't say on the link and can't find that information anywhere.

CodeCmdr
26-09-2017, 06:28
Do you know how many clean races you need to reach B? It doesn't say on the link and can't find that information anywhere.

That page says that the safety/racecraft rating improvement depends on the duration of the race, the number of other drivers, as well as the type of race (it says collisions in RX aren't penalized as heavily).

Kebabfelix
26-09-2017, 07:59
The system is good and bad.

I've DC sometimes and lost 50 in ranking, that's just insane. I have to win like 8 races to get back up to that ranking.

cpcdem
26-09-2017, 13:37

I've reached it after about 35-40 races, most of them at the typical 5-10 lap range and a few (3 or 4) of them were 20-25 laps.
Obviously I've been racing as cleanly as I can, although I did get the occasional bump from other drivers in most of the races. I also did that to others a few times as well.

TommyFresh
26-09-2017, 15:56
My licence went down over night :( Done a a couple of races yesterday and got the F licence but I logged on this morning and it's back to U. Hopefully restarting the game will fix it.

gmspromo
26-09-2017, 17:03
What about a license that doesn't move at all????

I've done around 20+ online races, won quite a few, finished on the podium on quite a few, driven clean that I can recall ... yet my license hasn't changed from the default U1500 at all!!! Am I doing something wrong?

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 17:08
What about a license that doesn't move at all????

I've done around 20+ online races, won quite a few, finished on the podium on quite a few, driven clean that I can recall ... yet my license hasn't changed from the default U1500 at all!!! Am I doing something wrong?

You'Re probably participating in races where the CRL function is turned off.

Umer Ahmad
26-09-2017, 17:10

Depends on race length also. I have seen only 1 "B" racer so far https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/competitive-racing-license.359416/page-3#post-11958267

gmspromo
26-09-2017, 17:10
You'Re probably participating in races where the CRL function is turned off.

What ALL of those races? I can't believe that ...

Bealdor
26-09-2017, 17:18
What ALL of those races? I can't believe that ...

On the server list that I'm seeing there are far more lobbies with the feature turned off than with it turned on.

Maurice Boeschen
26-09-2017, 18:23
Depends on race length also. I have seen only 1 "B" racer so far https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/competitive-racing-license.359416/page-3#post-11958267

For two races I was also on B yesterday until I got back to C1623 today because of not good driving from me in one race.. :/

Took me 21 races to get up to B, mostly races in the GamerMuscle stream and Andy Tudors stream from two days ago (all short races with only 3-5 laps, some with Qualy).
I always finished first or second and didnt had any major contacts so to get to B "can" be fast but when you have incidents (exceeding track limits etc) this will take longer..

beatrunner
22-11-2017, 22:45
I've reached it after about 35-40 races, most of them at the typical 5-10 lap range and a few (3 or 4) of them were 20-25 laps.

i've done 19 races as a C-Driver to become B
i've done 18 races as a B-Driver to become A

since then - attention please:

i've done 50 races as a A-Driver since - still waiting for the next step. maybe race 51?

but there have been a few races lately where i got "turned upsidedown" because of #### ramming from behind...luckily rating was not affected (mine at least :-)
)

cpcdem
23-11-2017, 18:00
i've done 19 races as a C-Driver to become B
i've done 18 races as a B-Driver to become A

since then - attention please:

i've done 50 races as a A-Driver since - still waiting for the next step. maybe race 51?

but there have been a few races lately where i got "turned upsidedown" because of #### ramming from behind...luckily rating was not affected (mine at least :-)
)

That's true, going to S from A is much tougher than going to A or B, at least it needed much more races for me, too.
Also you say that your ranking wasn't affected by some incidents, but what really probably happened is that you were maybe very close to getting "S", but after those incidents you're a bit further back again now..

Maurice Boeschen
23-11-2017, 18:24

From the demo, which is a newer build than the actual public full game build.
Seems they implemented a progress bar.

Jaood
23-11-2017, 22:03
attention please:

I bid 420 and counting. That progress bar will be neeaaaatoo :)