PDA

View Full Version : Struggling to find online races I can actually race

BGB83
25-09-2017, 23:34
I normally use GT3. Been online tonight for about 2 hours and had about 2-3 races.

And that's no joke. Constantly joining mid race and spectating. No joy on qualifying either it's the same thing even if qualify is still ongoing, end up waiting.

It's not just me I've asked a couple others and they've had same problem, taking ages to find a race they can actually race. Anyone else had this or they even know about this frustration? This didn't happen a couple days ago it was fine.

A bit miffed as handling wise, now, it's spot on. But what's point if can't actually race? Needs to be something to show when you select a race if it is ongoing or if you can at least join it or not!

nascarjake
26-09-2017, 00:26
I've had similar experiences all last weekend. All weekend only raced a dozen times online, small quick races. I had the most fun when I just hosted my own lobby, turned on AI cars and just pretended I was alone for a race or two and then a bunch of people suddenly popped on.

So if you have the bandwidth I would try hosting a lobby or taking control of an empty server and just race against AI till the lobby fills.

Palap
26-09-2017, 00:42
If you guys are on PC, you can join our Discord server and coordinate some races. The community is split with multiple time-zones so you're bound to find someone!

The link is: discord.gg/kwjQhzV

Twitch_6
26-09-2017, 01:41
I normally use GT3. Been online tonight for about 2 hours and had about 2-3 races.

And that's no joke. Constantly joining mid race and spectating. No joy on qualifying either it's the same thing even if qualify is still ongoing, end up waiting.

It's not just me I've asked a couple others and they've had same problem, taking ages to find a race they can actually race. Anyone else had this or they even know about this frustration? This didn't happen a couple days ago it was fine.

A bit miffed as handling wise, now, it's spot on. But what's point if can't actually race? Needs to be something to show when you select a race if it is ongoing or if you can at least join it or not!

That sums up my online experience perfectly. I spent hours surfing lobbies, loading screens, and WAITING, only to get 1, maybe 2 races.

Majority of qualifying sessions I join, I end up at a Waiting screen. I can see timing and scoring, I can hear engine noises, but the only thing I scan do is exit the lobby.

Qualifying sessions I actually get into, I usually DC midway through, or when the lobby switches to race mode.

I've also had the game completely freeze on the screen between quali and race several times.

And since buying the game last Friday, I've had at least a half dozen blue screen crashes.

My current online stats read 17 Qualifying sessions, 4 races entered, 4 races complete. I'm convinced this is not counting the blue screens and lockups. If I had to guess, I'm getting maybe a single per hour. Those stats don't lie though....13 out of 17 times, the game has failed to get me from quali into the race. I have not voluntarily left a session yet, and I think I was randomly kicked 1 time. 4/17 success rate is unacceptable.

JDFSSS
26-09-2017, 01:49
I joined 2 or 3 lobbies and ended up doing 1 race. I noticed when advancing from qualifying to race it seems like you have to wait for quite a while? I'm not sure if this is caused by the host being afk and failing to advance the session or what, but almost everyone in the lobby I was in left while waiting for the session to advance from qualifying to race. By the time the race finally started there was only 2 other cars racing with me, and 2 more cars who made it 2 the grid but never moved.

jdmnsprd
26-09-2017, 02:50
you are not alone I race in GT3 races and for the life of me I cannot find decent races I go into the first corner checking my left, right, behind me and some idiot decides to bump me off the course the milli second he has a chance too smfh