PDA

View Full Version : Pedal sensitivity issue

Oomph
25-09-2017, 23:36
Hi all, i am having a controller issue with my fanatec CSR elite pedals and controller settings within PCars 2.

1. when calibrating the pedals, it does not register on screen until 36%, that is identical for clutch and brake.
2. when on track ( in neutral or clutch depressed, engine rpm will reach maximum in what i reckon would be this 36% of pedal pressed ( this does not seem right)
3. brake and clutch pedal also behave the same way ( although the clutch in reverse order. pretty much dead zone for first 70% depressed and then all clutch range in bottom 30% ( which i think leads me to my erratic missing gears in upshift ).
4. i believe this is also what is causing my rear end lock ups on downshifts.

I have tried throttle, brake and clutch sensitivity settings and dead zones, this does not alter a single thing. for example tried throttle dead zone 100 and sensitivity 0 ( which from what i understand should only give me a very sensitive throttle range compressed at pretty much throttle flat to the floor. no change whatsoever. likewise the Steering damper setting does not alter the weight of my wheel ( fanatec Porsche GT2 )

++NB this does not occur in any other sims and the fanatec control panel shows smooth full range as applied on pedals.

if anyone could shed some light on this and possibly test it out too i would be most appreciative.

thank you.,
Phil

Morgan Henstridge
25-09-2017, 23:41
Are the pedals connected via USB or to a wheel base??

Oomph
25-09-2017, 23:47
USB

GTsimms
25-09-2017, 23:56
My suggestion would be making sure that you press all pedals before entering the game to see if this helps!

cabelo3d
26-09-2017, 00:01
I have a T500 wheel and I use a brake mod (original one that came with it). Using the brake mod, I can only press like 30% of the brake pedal range.
In game, the brake pedal was not recognized at all (that also happened with PC1).

What I did was, I took out the brake mod. Once I did that, I entered the game, fully press the pedal (100% range) and it recognized it.
I closed the game.
Re installed the brake mod and then re opened the game and when I went to calibrate the brake pedal again, boom, it recognized the 30% pedal range and I didn't have any other issues with it.
Possibly this could help you.

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 00:03
2. when on track ( in neutral or clutch depressed, engine rpm will reach maximum in what i reckon would be this 36% of pedal pressed ( this does not seem right)
Yep this is correct, just like in real life.

Mad Al
26-09-2017, 00:10
You shouldn't really need to calibrate the pedals (although saying that I had to do mine the other day as they are dying.. :(), just make sure to press them down before entering the game

Steering damper.. do you mean controller damping in the configuration menu, if so, that's gamepad only... you want more wheel weight (if by weight you mean more pushback from the wheel), you need to up the volume in the Force feedback menu. If you really do want more dampening, change DPR on the wheel

Oomph
26-09-2017, 00:58
Yep this is correct, just like in real life.

In real life my car nor any other cars I have owned revs it's ring off at quarter pedal press when parked or in neutral. Does yours?

Oomph
26-09-2017, 00:59
My suggestion would be making sure that you press all pedals before entering the game to see if this helps!
No change as I have checked in fanatic control panel and also in AC

Mahjik
26-09-2017, 01:03
In real life my car nor any other cars I have owned revs it's ring off at quarter pedal press when parked or in neutral. Does yours?

Most (modern) cars have a rpm cutoff without any load on the engine by default.

Aldo Zampatti
26-09-2017, 01:04

Don't wanna be an ass here, but, mine does. Ford Focus RS.

Gloomy
26-09-2017, 03:31
When I calibrate my pedals in game, fanatec v3, it's doesn't show the first 30% registering. But on the track I get full smooth motion. Fanatec control panel shows full motion as well.

Oomph
26-09-2017, 09:54
Don't wanna be an ass here, but, mine does. Ford Focus RS.
My MY17 Fabia Monte Carlo has full range. Just even checked it again tonight,

Oomph
26-09-2017, 10:06
Most (modern) cars have a rpm cutoff without any load on the engine by default.

Can't say I have heard of this, but even then, should the ford rs1600 reach max rpm by quarter throttle in game? Can anyone else try the rs1600 stick it in neutral and slowly purée the accelerator and see how far you get before it's a max revs.

Thanks,

Any word on the sensitivity and dead zone sliders issue?

Mad Al
26-09-2017, 11:46
Engine under no load, of course it will rev to the redline at less than full throttle.. unless it has a zero load limiter.. which most older cars didn't have (and if you have ever heard someone accidently stand on the throttle in an original Mini and get the valves floating, it's not a nice sound.. luckily the old A series was pretty bullet proof!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHqsMo2Acao

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 11:51
and if you have ever heard someone accidentally stand on the throttle in an original Mini and get the valves floating, it's not a nice sound..
Ah the memory's :concern:

Oomph
26-09-2017, 13:34
Engine under no load, of course it will rev to the redline at less than full throttle.. unless it has a zero load limiter.. which most older cars didn't have (and if you have ever heard someone accidently stand on the throttle in an original Mini and get the valves floating, it's not a nice sound.. luckily the old A series was pretty bullet proof!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHqsMo2Acao

Thanks for taking time out to check this. What your video shows is exactly what I have too.
Considering this, since you are getting max rpm at quarter throttle ( pedal press)you would assume that the throttle butterfly is fully open. so at any given time, no matter what gear you are in, when that pedal is pressed 25%, the carby throttle butterfly is fully open, I am sorry but this does not seem right to me. My lawn mower and edge trimmer work on the same concept, the more throttle applied the more open the butterfly gets, the more air, the more rpm. Fair to say it's not exponential. Anyway I think it wrong, you say it's right, let's leave it.. however I am still getting nowhere with dead zones and sensitivity, is there a controller file i can delete and start it all from scratch again, as none of those sliders, throttle, brake, clutch sensitivity and dead zone make any differences.

Once again thank you for your input.

Sankyo
26-09-2017, 13:46
Thanks for taking time out to check this. What your video shows is exactly what I have too.
Considering this, since you are getting max rpm at quarter throttle ( pedal press)you would assume that the throttle butterfly is fully open.
I don't think that this is correct. When an engine is not under load it will reach max RPM long before the valve is fully open. Because only then you can get to higher RPM (by opening the valve further) when the engine is under load and the RPM drops down at that same throttle position.

Mahjik
26-09-2017, 14:18
Considering this, since you are getting max rpm at quarter throttle ( pedal press)you would assume that the throttle butterfly is fully open.

I don't think PC2 really differentiates modern cars from vintage in this fashion. i.e. a newer car, even with the throttle plates being open, the ECU will do either a fuel or ignition cut if you try to rev too much with zero load on the engine. It is a safety feature. You are correct, on older cars which didn't have modern fancy electronics, you can rev to your hearts content without load on the engine (which caused issues which is why there are ECU prevention measures today).

Any word on the sensitivity and dead zone sliders issue?

I'll do some testing later today and see if I exhibit similar symptoms as what you are experiencing.

Mad Al
26-09-2017, 14:48
Nope the butterfly would be open the percentage of the throttle opening (assuming the throttle linkage is linear)... ask a simple question, what is the engine driving.. the answer is basically nothing other than the internal pumping forces of the engine and the drag of the oil on the gearbox input shaft.. the torque required to spin an engine up to max revs with basically no load is actually pretty damned small... and you are controlling torque with the throttle (power is related by engine rpm). You want to accelerate from a steady speed, you need more to produce more torque to overcome the balance of torque vs drag forces that are maintaining a constant velocity.. and you do that by opening the throttle (unless you are already flat out)

BTW your lawn mower will be fitted with a regulator/governor that helps it maintain constant revs over a wide load range, so although you may have applied full throttle, that's not actually what the engine is seeing.

alex salmon
04-11-2017, 23:07
I have exactly the same issues on my G29 pedals, it basically restricts your throttle control by making the first bit of travel on/off. Its an issue in game because its still an issue on my brothers pedals on my system but on a his system on the same pedals is fine... I just cant work out why because all my settings are the same as his

peterCars
05-11-2017, 02:59
I have the clunsport v3 pedals.
you could try in the windows controller, properties, fanatec wheel and in settings set the calibration to manual, that will give you the min and max buttons on the pedals to play around with.
I got the brakes right with this (using the brake mod foam inserts), but I am struggling a bit with the accelerator for now.
so for an experiment, set the accelerator max to half way and see if your issue occurs at 18% in the game.