PDA

View Full Version : Exiting pit lane Daytona oval track

Nu924
25-09-2017, 23:42
I have big problems during races exiting the pit lane in a proper way. I accelrate towards the end of the cones and enter the oval track. This seems to always give me a drive through penalty and i cant figure it out and get multiple penalties. The race is ruined at it seriously affects my license scoring, and i have to abandon races I have been at the front. This is also happening offline. I use a indycar. Hope somebody can explain this to me

Blake-Lee43
25-09-2017, 23:47
Yeah I'm not sure where the safe exit is either I got hit with penalties because of it too but luckily still managed to win

Iconiqk
25-09-2017, 23:48
Just tested this. Merging where the rest of the AI merge onto the track does indeed throw a penalty. Must be a bug.

AndyB16
26-09-2017, 00:06
You have to go around the cones to the left, then enter the track on the back straight I think. No idea why the A.I. gets away with it or why the cones are there in the first place.

Umer Ahmad
26-09-2017, 02:27
can someone take a picture or make a short video?

Dmitry Afanasyev
26-09-2017, 08:44
I can confirm this. Something wrong with track cutting mesh. My friends tried all possible ways including back straight

Shewy92
26-09-2017, 09:18
You have to go around the cones to the left, then enter the track on the back straight I think. No idea why the A.I. gets away with it or why the cones are there in the first place.

It gives you the same penalty doing that too

CXR PhilGDUK
26-09-2017, 09:24
Yeah same for me in the Indy, only noticed after first pitting in a 2 hour enduro... Had to quit out after the 2nd pit due to drive through pens one after the other because there is no way to safely exit the pits. I would have thought the cones shouldn't be there so you can exit on the other side of the oval as normal?