PDA

View Full Version : 180 degree gamepad steering

llE mc2
26-09-2017, 00:02
the 180 degree steering animation in cockpit view for us gamepad users is very disorienting, you never really know how much your actually turning the wheel cause the on-screen wheel does not represent how much steering input is being applied.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us gamepad users the full steering animation like the wheel users have, the 180 degree animation just makes it way more difficult to steer the car properly with the gamepad in cockpit view, and us gamepad users NEED to see the on-screen wheel as a visual reference point for steering since we are on a gamepad, so turning off the on-screen wheel is not an option.

wheel users have full steering wheel animation, so i dont understand why us gamepad users would not get it, in fact its more important to us since we rely so much on the seeing how much the wheel is being rotated.

this might not sound like a big deal but it is, it directly affects how we control the car.

thank you.

Javi288
27-09-2017, 18:34
I'm agree with you. I play with Xbox 360 pad on Pc and steering wheel rotation on the screen is very limited (about 180 degrees).

Mahjik
27-09-2017, 18:47
wheel users have full steering wheel animation, so i dont understand why us gamepad users would not get it, in fact its more important to us since we rely so much on the seeing how much the wheel is being rotated.

It has to do with the animation and how fast it can play. With a gamepad, you can literally go lock to lock (fully left to fully right) in an instant. You cannot do that with a driving wheel. The animation would literally be way behind and also look wonky if you went side to side rapidly.

DSonic
15-03-2018, 13:58
I wouldn't mind a wonky animation if the steering animation was accurate.

gregc
15-03-2018, 14:06
Just no, for me anyway.

I rely partly on the fact that the wheel animation mirrors the amount of movement I have put into the stick - to the point where I have opposite lock assist turned off because of the disconnect it creates between what my thumb and the wheel are doing.

AC shows the wheel going fully lock to lock and I find it horribly distracting.

Death Proof
15-03-2018, 14:15
I use a controller and so far the only time the steering animation comes to mind is when I am watching a replay. I guess I don't really notice it much while driving. The wheel is in my peripheral view.