PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] Formula C FUBAR?

krisby
26-09-2017, 00:16
I had trouble yesterday in my first euro race with the FC, on slicks I could not generate any heat in the tires and the rear would snap away from me at Brno on turns 5 and 11, I could not seem to dial it out.
Today, at Donington, in the rain, suddenly the car was driveable, I was having good fun chasing the AI times as the track slowly dried, and no issue with the rear sliding out.
Race time, dry, on slicks, turn 4, car spins out on me. Regroup and try to carry on, struggled the rest of the lap, could not get any grip, at the Esses I was hit from behind, but the damage registered on my front wing.

Reset, on full wets to see how that worked out, wasn't too bad in the dry, was certainly faster than the slicks, but fronts were a bit hot. I also noticed at the Esses, the car in 1st took out the bollard and lost his wing, did he go in the pits or slow down? Nope, somehow had the same pace. I on the other hand, feeling quite good with these wet tires in the dry, nailed turn 4, in the 4th gear went to overtake for 3rd place, but the AI pulled across and grazed my front wing, 65% damage! Suddenly, no front grip and really slow to accelerate. Hang on though, the AI that lost his wing lost no speed or grip.

Reset again, this time slick on the front, wet on the rear, this seemed perfect, great balance, holding my own and fighting for a podium, until the AI dive bombed me at the final corner, took out my wing, so I had to pit next time round, wasn't going to start again. Ended up finishing 49 seconds down, but without the kamikaze AI I could have been on the podium.

Still 3 races left, but it seems indicative to me that FC is screwed up (sounds like Ginetta GT5 is too), and reinforces the need for a custom season builder, so we don't have to endure cars that are broken, and for me, are ruining the game.

AitchPattern
26-09-2017, 06:19
I think FC is being investigated for issues regarding tyre temps and gear ratios according to the mods here. There are videos of it unable to get out of 4th and 5th gear on long straights at cataluyna etc and it's tyres not warming up correctly.

I would hold off doing a full career until the bugs are fixed, I shelved my career for now but unfortunately had to shelve PCars 2 (for my league too) as we run a lot of group 5 championships and classic races and currently are experienced issues with these vehicles.

Siberian Tiger
26-09-2017, 06:23
Yes, FC/FR Slicks are beeing investigated.

@AitchPattern which issues on Group 5 Cars / Classic Vehicles?

AitchPattern
26-09-2017, 06:28

Don't ask lol :)
I already got lambasted today for my poor explanations :)

Aldo is looking into it for me later today, so hoping his feedback will be clearer then mine ;)

fostrike
26-09-2017, 07:58
Brno was a total drama for me, i tried a lot of different setups but i was keep spinning and struggling on the medium fast corners while the AI was on rails.
Donington seems better but I think i will put the career mode on hold :(

iZomBadi
26-09-2017, 09:02
During the Formula Rookie UK Championship, here are my findings so far:

Knockhill International - oversteer but with less movement able to get a fast time
Donnington Park - oversteer but with less movement able to get an average/fast time
Snetterton - oversteer in 2-3 places making it impossible to set a time that is within 2-3 secs of the AI drivers, so I end up in 12 position almost always.

I have had the same issues, with the back end spinning out on me, and yet i have managed to get into second place in the championship so far from the first two races. The third track, Snetterton is currently unplayable for me, even though I have changed my setup countless times. The wheels do not warm up, even after doing 5-6 laps, and the slick tyres might as well be ice-skates. I have become so disillusioned with Project Cars 2 that I have subscribed to iRacing instead, and what a joy that game is!

Please please, Project Cars 2 developers, fix the issues with the tyres and handling of the cars, it is crucial for you to retain fans like me!

jamrag2009
26-09-2017, 11:00
it's not a bug it's the default setup is gash, try lowering the pressure of any tyres that aint heating up properly, also ive found if the back tyres aint heating but the front are bring your brake bias back to around 50/50 rather than the default 65/35. my back tyres are starting around .58 bar fronts around .63. also soften your rear anti roll bar if the back end steps out too much on power

Skev
26-09-2017, 11:43
I found the Formula Rookie pretty good and very enjoyable if I'm honest.
Formula C is very clearly broken by comparison.

dan2312
26-09-2017, 12:21
I found the Formula Rookie pretty good and very enjoyable if I'm honest.
Formula C is very clearly broken by comparison.

As i have just found out.

Pretty gutted, but the annoying thing is the AI can get away with it! typical :rolleyes:

fostrike
26-09-2017, 12:38
it's not a bug it's the default setup is gash, try lowering the pressure of any tyres that aint heating up properly, also ive found if the back tyres aint heating but the front are bring your brake bias back to around 50/50 rather than the default 65/35. my back tyres are starting around .58 bar fronts around .63. also soften your rear anti roll bar if the back end steps out too much on power

Well, for what I read the AI could not modify the standard setup until you put them over 80%
As I said, after many setups I gave up on Brno and managed a 5 or 6 place.
Why don't you just try a single Formula C race in Brno an let us know if your setup can work the magic...

z3r0cool77
26-09-2017, 14:31

How about tire temps for gt5 ginetta? A thread of ppl sharing the same tire issues.

TylerDurden4321
26-09-2017, 15:30
Good that this is already investigated.
But also, if FC is trying to resemble Formula 3, the grip is a bit too high - even on too cold tires.

What are the tire sizes on FC compared to F3? If they're remodeling the tire anyway, maybe make it more Formula 3 like. There is tons of telemetry data for Formula 3 openly available, shouldn't be too hard.

krisby
26-09-2017, 22:06
Well, for what I read the AI could not modify the standard setup until you put them over 80%
As I said, after many setups I gave up on Brno and managed a 5 or 6 place.
Why don't you just try a single Formula C race in Brno an let us know if your setup can work the magic...
Agreed, no amount of fiddling could fix it, with slicks, but with wets on the back and slicks on the front, it works quite well, in fact well, matching the AI on full slicks. Does seem odd that the car is more stable when raining cats and dogs than dry weather, with the appropriate tires.
However, being hit in the rear and the front wing getting damage, that is a whole other issue.

I was a paid up member of PC1 and I know it had it issues on release, but I am flabbergasted by the amount of issues in PC2, when they aren't exactly hidden.

Beastie
30-09-2017, 01:27
Having major issues with the Formua C, at Brno with SMS stable settings the car understeers into corners then snap oversteers, then instead of sliding the back bounces which upsets the front so the inside front wheel lifts. On longer corners this will probably happen twice. It doesn't help that the only tyre that it is possible to get up to temperature is the front left if you are using slicks.

Tried out the same settings at Oulton Park and things are not as bad, probably due to the positive camber on most corners.

Tried to tune out the issues at Brno with the settings but with so many issues I'm lost TBH. I managed to stop the rear bouncing and the front inside wheel lifting by lowering the anti roll bars and beefing up the rebound but the understeer is even worse and I'm slower (though less likely to spin off).
Stole the settings from the best time trial and amazingly the understeer, bouncing and lifting are gone but the oversteer is worse and grip is reduced. So full credit to GT_Virus for having the skills to put in the best time.

Generally speaking I am enoying the game and see many improvements over PC1. But the formula C car handling seems to be broken ATM as far as I can tell.

Just to note I am using an Xbox360 controller but I don't have a problem driving other cars in the game- Lotus 98T or Lotus 38 round the Nurburgring no problem. Formula C round Brno no hope.

rockyxa
08-10-2017, 13:02
Having major issues with the Formua C, at Brno with SMS stable settings the car understeers into corners then snap oversteers, then instead of sliding the back bounces which upsets the front so the inside front wheel lifts. On longer corners this will probably happen twice. It doesn't help that the only tyre that it is possible to get up to temperature is the front left if you are using slicks.

Tried out the same settings at Oulton Park and things are not as bad, probably due to the positive camber on most corners.

Tried to tune out the issues at Brno with the settings but with so many issues I'm lost TBH. I managed to stop the rear bouncing and the front inside wheel lifting by lowering the anti roll bars and beefing up the rebound but the understeer is even worse and I'm slower (though less likely to spin off).
Stole the settings from the best time trial and amazingly the understeer, bouncing and lifting are gone but the oversteer is worse and grip is reduced. So full credit to GT_Virus for having the skills to put in the best time.

Generally speaking I am enoying the game and see many improvements over PC1. But the formula C car handling seems to be broken ATM as far as I can tell.

Just to note I am using an Xbox360 controller but I don't have a problem driving other cars in the game- Lotus 98T or Lotus 38 round the Nurburgring no problem. Formula C round Brno no hope.

I'm having the same issue. Can't bet the AI at 60% with Formula C on Brno. Oversteer in every corner regardless of setup. At first i thought that my bad driving was exposed with this new tyre model, but it seems like a more accurate tyre model would make you a better driver and not a worse one? So my guess is that there is some sort of issue with the tyre heating.

tammendola
09-10-2017, 13:26
i have the same problem, i put the tyre pressure very low , i get heat into the tyres for 1.5 laps then the tyres go blue and its impossible to keep up with the others...clearly somethin is broken there ... can we expect a patch on ps4 ? how does one complain officially ?

tammendola
09-10-2017, 13:28
and the damage in formula c is completely out of wack , one little hit and the car is undrivable , i tried some races 20 times

Trooper117
09-10-2017, 20:39
During the Formula Rookie UK Championship, here are my findings so far:

Knockhill International - oversteer but with less movement able to get a fast time
Donnington Park - oversteer but with less movement able to get an average/fast time
Snetterton - oversteer in 2-3 places making it impossible to set a time that is within 2-3 secs of the AI drivers, so I end up in 12 position almost always.

I have had the same issues, with the back end spinning out on me, and yet i have managed to get into second place in the championship so far from the first two races. The third track, Snetterton is currently unplayable for me, even though I have changed my setup countless times. The wheels do not warm up, even after doing 5-6 laps, and the slick tyres might as well be ice-skates. I have become so disillusioned with Project Cars 2 that I have subscribed to iRacing instead, and what a joy that game is!

Please please, Project Cars 2 developers, fix the issues with the tyres and handling of the cars, it is crucial for you to retain fans like me!

This is exactly the same for me... very frustrating!

Zeem
10-10-2017, 18:01
and the damage in formula c is completely out of wack , one little hit and the car is undrivable , i tried some races 20 times

Yeah... I guess that's just how Formula cars are though. I think I'll have to swallow my pride and put damage to visual only for the open wheel series.

Phos
10-10-2017, 23:36
One thing I noticed driving the formula C car: It has a weirdly giant amount of engine braking. Even set to max value (which is how you get minimum braking for some reason), it's still about a 100 horsepower drag on the car. The technique I adopted to deal with it was to always have one pedal pressed at least a bit, so a lot of maintenance throttle, wee bit of trail braking sometimes, and a fair amount of throttle/brake overlap.

rockyxa
11-10-2017, 16:43
Anyone tested if this is fixed in the 2.0 patch?

Ensi Ferrum
11-10-2017, 17:54
Just did a few laps with FR at Brands.
The tires warm up a little, but still not near their working temperature ... :-(

Beastie
11-10-2017, 22:40
The recent patch seems to have helped a lot IMO, the tyres are much easier to keep in the zone.

Racing the AI in the F C at Lemans Bugatti was a blast.

Had a go at Brno on time trial mode in an F C and it was improved, the car wasn't trying to kill me every corner. But it is still a bit weird at Brno IMHO. Maybe the formula C just doesn't like off camber corners, I've never driven one in real life.

Umer Ahmad
11-10-2017, 23:17
^ no one has

rockyxa
27-10-2017, 14:58
So i made some tests on different tracks and can confirm that the slick tyres are impossible to heat up to working temp in the Formula C and Formula Rookie. Temperatures drop down to 60 degrees and are impossible to warm up. Switch to Sport tyres and the temperatures are right up to ~90 degrees and the cars drive the way the are supposed to (although the sport is probably a slower tyre than a working temp slick, so it's probably not an ideal work around). There might also be some issue with Formula A where I only reach 80 degrees temperature on slicks, but I haven't tested any other tyre for this car yet. I have only experienced this with the SMS-cars so far, not sure if they are all faulty when it comes to slicks?

Trooper117
27-10-2017, 17:34
Well, let's hope the next patch sorts things out :)