PDA

View Full Version : Skipping To The End Of The Session - Possible Workaround

RacingAtHome
26-09-2017, 00:33
Every single time I've skipped to the end of the session, I've had cars go 6 seconds faster than me. However, in this Clio Cup season, I've had 2 grid penalties in separate races and each of those, this issue has not taken place.

I know it sounds odd but it looks to be some sort of workaround and possibly having a penalty could bypass what is making this happen in code.

Aldo Zampatti
26-09-2017, 00:36
Every single time I've skipped to the end of the session, I've had cars go 6 seconds faster than me. However, in this Clio Cup season, I've had 2 grid penalties in separate races and each of those, this issue has not taken place.

I know it sounds odd but it looks to be some sort of workaround and possibly having a penalty could bypass what is making this happen in code.

Thanks for this. I'll try it and report it internally if this happens to be the case.

RacingAtHome
26-09-2017, 00:39
Thanks for this. I'll try it and report it internally if this happens to be the case.

No problem. It's happened twice and in the other 2 races, I've had the massive time increase.

And it's happened again at Silverstone.

skylinegtr34
26-09-2017, 01:41
No problem. It's happened twice and in the other 2 races, I've had the massive time increase.

And it's happened again at Silverstone.

Sorry, please tell me the precision method? I don't understand, the penaltyes, need take on qualify? Like maker best time with cut a corner for example? Or what else?? Thanks!!

RacingAtHome
26-09-2017, 01:49
Sorry, please tell me the precision method? I don't understand, the penaltyes, need take on qualify? Like maker best time with cut a corner for example? Or what else?? Thanks!!

You get a grid penalty in qualifying. I did it by speeding in the pitlane. First was by accident then you do your time as normal and use Skip to End. I've found the times to be normal compared to what I expected as opposed to 6 seconds faster.

FS7
26-09-2017, 01:55
So, the workaround for the skip to end bug is to use the quali penalty bug?

RacingAtHome
26-09-2017, 02:02
So, the workaround for the skip to end bug is to use the quali penalty bug?

Quali Penalty bug? Each time, I was 1 place lower on the grid. Unless that's not what it is.

skylinegtr34
26-09-2017, 02:06
Quali Penalty bug? Each time, I was 1 place lower on the grid. Unless that's not what it is.

Ok, in this method, i i make pole position, i start second, right?

RacingAtHome
26-09-2017, 02:15
Ok, in this method, i i make pole position, i start second, right?

Correct.

Pointless fact: The first time I did this, (was by accident) Nick Hamilton got pole then won the race.

fireballassasin
26-09-2017, 07:05
I tried to use this and got interesting results. I'm currently in the Renault Clio Cup and it seems it does not prevent AI from setting faster laps than you, but does stop them from setting unreasonably fast lap times. I was doing quali at oulton park and set a 1:36.5 w/ a 1 place grid penalty for pit speeding. Simulating to end of session resulted in a few AI setting laptimes faster then me, with the fastest being a 1:35.8. I was pushed to start 5th plus a one grid spot penalty to 6th. I reset my session and tried again, this time setting a 1:37.8 and getting a 1 grid spot penalty for pit speeding. I simulated to end of session and the fastest AI time was a 1:38.1 putting me in second place to start the race. My first few quali sessions here (I did 3 or so before these two sessions) I set consistent 1:36's with the AI setting 1:36's and up before simulating to end of session, only to find them jump from 1:36's to 1:32's which is unreasonable for my AI difficulty of 79. I'm going to finish this championship and then see if this glitch works in my next championship.

Gobby
26-09-2017, 07:54
Of course's there's always that other workaround...that SMS acknowledge the bug and fix it.

Hopefully?

RacingAtHome
26-09-2017, 12:28
Of course's there's always that other workaround...that SMS acknowledge the bug and fix it.

Hopefully?

Thanks for your useless input. They can't exactly fix it in 5 minutes. Plus, this information might help them fix it.

I tried to use this and got interesting results. I'm currently in the Renault Clio Cup and it seems it does not prevent AI from setting faster laps than you, but does stop them from setting unreasonably fast lap times. I was doing quali at oulton park and set a 1:36.5 w/ a 1 place grid penalty for pit speeding. Simulating to end of session resulted in a few AI setting laptimes faster then me, with the fastest being a 1:35.8. I was pushed to start 5th plus a one grid spot penalty to 6th. I reset my session and tried again, this time setting a 1:37.8 and getting a 1 grid spot penalty for pit speeding. I simulated to end of session and the fastest AI time was a 1:38.1 putting me in second place to start the race. My first few quali sessions here (I did 3 or so before these two sessions) I set consistent 1:36's with the AI setting 1:36's and up before simulating to end of session, only to find them jump from 1:36's to 1:32's which is unreasonable for my AI difficulty of 79. I'm going to finish this championship and then see if this glitch works in my next championship.

I'm going to check today if it works in the GT4 Championship. Don't think championships should affect it and I assume your comment going from 1:36s to 1:32s was regarding when you didn't get a penalty.

ironik
26-09-2017, 12:33
Great find here RacingAtHome !
I bet this should help SMS a lot to nail this bug.

marcoma
26-09-2017, 14:19
I always skip when its 5 minutes left to end session and never had a problem.

fireballassasin
26-09-2017, 19:59
I assume your comment going from 1:36s to 1:32s was regarding when you didn't get a penalty.
Yes I did 5 total qualifying sessions at Oulton Park. The first 3 sessions I did not receive a penalty and the AI went from 1:36's to 1:32's when I simulated to end. The final two qualifying sessions, I had a 1 place grid penalty and then simulated to end and the AI did not set unreasonable times.
I did not get to test this at the 3rd and final race of that championship at knockhill b/c my lap times were pushing on the WR and the AI couldn't keep up anyways so it was not necessary.

I will try this again in my next career championship as well as in some custom sessions.