PDA

View Full Version : [Investigating] 180 degree gamepad steering

llE mc2
26-09-2017, 00:37
the 180 degree steering wheel animation in cockpit view for us gamepad users is very disorienting, makes it way more difficult to steer the car properly cause the on-screen wheel does not represent how much steering input is actually being applied.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us the full steering wheel animation that the wheel users have, i dont understand why you would not give us gamepad users the full wheel animation, its more important to us cause we rely on the on-screen wheel as a visual reference point to how much we are rotating the wheel, and this is also why turning off the on-screen wheel is not an option for us, the way it would be for wheel users.

this might not sound like a big deal but it is cause it directly affects how we control the car.

thank you.

kevin kirk
26-09-2017, 02:41
maybe a visual rotation setting.

llE mc2
26-09-2017, 03:11
kevin, the point is, the full wheel animation is already in the game, wheel users get it, why dont we?
again, this is not about the game "looking pretty" its about the way you actually control the car with the controller.

Eric Everfast
26-09-2017, 04:02
Don't look at the wheel while turning mate. Your focal points should be the apex on corner entry and straight, far ahead on corner exits.

Use the force. Basically.

llE mc2
26-09-2017, 05:56
the on-screen wheel is the only way to know how much im turning the wheel, very important in a car driving simulator. with 180 degree steering animation, the on-screen wheel does not represent how much steering input your actually doing, very strange and akward, does not feel natural. i cant tell if im steering too much or too little for a given corner cause the wheel position is the same for both, this is un-acceptable for us gamepad users.

Eric Everfast
26-09-2017, 13:17
I respect your point of view as I'm also a game pad user for the time being but your visual cue for optimum driving should not be the wheel. Anyways, it's a bug to fix for animation's sake; that we can agree upon.

llE mc2
26-09-2017, 20:06
Eric, its not just for animation's sake, its a key factor in controlling the car properly, im not staring at the wheel when im driving, i see it with my peripheral vision as a visual reference point of how much im turning the wheel at any given moment.
i cant believe ppl are ok with this, especially since THE FULL STEERING WHEEL ANIMATION IS ALREADY IN THE GAME, wheel users have it but dont need it cause they already have an actual, real wheel they are holding in their hands, so no need to see a second wheel on their screen, where as we controller users do need it but get an akward, un-natural feeling, strange 180 wheel, baffles me.
even f1 cars have 360 degrees of wheel rotation in real life, i mean cmon now this is supposed to be a realistic simulator after all.

MLM_SPARCO
26-09-2017, 23:58
Yea I gotta agree with llE,people are saying you shouldn't focus on the wheel but with that logic what's the point in having a virtual wheel in the first place then? If anyone needs the animation its pad users,most wheel users disable the animation completely anyways.

llE mc2
27-09-2017, 02:23
yeah, i know most wheel users turn off the virtual wheel, cause they already have a real wheel in their hands, so thers no point in having a virtual wheel, but to controller users this is the only way to know how much we are rotating the wheel, so to have a 180 animation makes no sense, it makes the steering feel fake, like forza cockpit view, which also has the 180 animation.

anyway, this is something thats already in the game so i hope it can be added to us controller users.

Eric Everfast
27-09-2017, 05:12
I'm totally with you on having the animation tailored for the gamepad as well but I guess we're different in the sense of how it affects our driving.

Shepard2603
27-09-2017, 05:30
I think it would be quite hard to control 900 steering with a little thumbstick. What's its travel way on the controller? 10-15mm each side? That would make up roughly 30-45 wheel turn per mm stick movement. Now imagine the animation for this. How quick would the driver arms have to knot togehter when going from full left to full right in a split-second. For the wheels it also depends on the model you have. I have only 270 rotation on my wheel, and the animation in-game adapts to this. It would be quite confusing to have the driver turninig the wheel 450, while I do 135.

llE mc2
27-09-2017, 11:26
well it certainly affects my driving in pcars2, in a negative way, i just hope they give us the same wheel animation the wheel users have, thats all.

llE mc2
27-09-2017, 11:32
swift, Assetto Corsa has the full wheel animation for both gamepad and wheel users, controller steering is awsome, no complaints about it, so i dont have to imagine, i already know.

llE mc2
28-09-2017, 02:27
is there any way to at least know a moderator or dev knows about this?
i see in many threads here that mods comment in the forums, which is awsome.

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 02:29
Secretly, we know about this thread. But don't tell anyone :P

Aldo Zampatti
28-09-2017, 02:30
Seriously, I've pasted it for "future investigation" since this would be low priority, but knowing what I know from the development side, this will be, at least, very hard to accomplish in a subtle way that don't drive everyone crazy and still is easy to control and handle.

llE mc2
28-09-2017, 03:53
why not just give us the exact same animation thats already in the game, wow......

MLM_SPARCO
30-09-2017, 02:38
Nothing is changing except the animation,how would that change handling? It's just a visual change.

Ian Bell
30-09-2017, 02:41
Good points here. We softened the pad based animation on the wheel as the lock to lock movements were fairly crazy for some. I do think we should go a little more in between where we are now though.

Mods, pass that to the team. I think we've muted pad based steering anims a little too much.

Aldo Zampatti
30-09-2017, 02:50
Good points here. We softened the pad based animation on the wheel as the lock to lock movements were fairly crazy for some. I do think we should go a little more in between where we are now though.

Mods, pass that to the team. I think we've muted pad based steering anims a little too much.

I think it's on the list. I'll check

EDIT: Done!

llE mc2
30-09-2017, 19:06
im literally in shock here, im so used to posting on forums and nothing ever happening and nobody really doing anything, sms you guys are amazing! wow!
Mr. Bell thank you for not ignoring this, as it really does matter to us gamepad users to see how much we are rotating the wheel.

im really enjoying PCARS2 guys, keep up the good work! thanks again u guys are legends!

llE mc2
14-10-2017, 07:59
well i can only hope that the next patch will have the full steering wheel animation for us gamepad users.
honestly i was not expecting it to be in this patch but i could not help but dream lol

Ian Bell
14-10-2017, 08:03
well i can only hope that the next patch will have the full steering wheel animation for us gamepad users.
honestly i was not expecting it to be in this patch but i could not help but dream lol

My bad, I forgot to pass this on to the team.

Mods, tell the team I want less muted anims with gamepad please.

llE mc2
14-10-2017, 08:14
Mr. Bell, you sir, are a legend.

Siberian Tiger
14-10-2017, 12:51

Added to the "Polish" Tab....

kevin kirk
14-10-2017, 16:45

your posts gives me that warm fuzzy feeling like when someone plays with my hair.

Erwin Berkers
15-10-2017, 05:49
Weirdly, only the Honda Project 2&4 does have full steering wheel animation when using game pad. When steering with the DS4 and tilt sensor the animation is quite smooth.

Edit: sorry, missed that was on XBox, I'm on PS4 and using a DualShock controller.

llE mc2
15-10-2017, 18:43
maybe someone on the xbox one can test the honda project 2&4 with the gamepad to see if it also has the full animation?
i dont have this car so i cant do it myself.

Blackers722
15-10-2017, 18:57
Eric, its not just for animation's sake, its a key factor in controlling the car properly, im not staring at the wheel when im driving, i see it with my peripheral vision as a visual reference point of how much im turning the wheel at any given moment.
i cant believe ppl are ok with this, especially since THE FULL STEERING WHEEL ANIMATION IS ALREADY IN THE GAME, wheel users have it but dont need it cause they already have an actual, real wheel they are holding in their hands, so no need to see a second wheel on their screen, where as we controller users do need it but get an akward, un-natural feeling, strange 180 wheel, baffles me.
even f1 cars have 360 degrees of wheel rotation in real life, i mean cmon now this is supposed to be a realistic simulator after all.

My dudes arms only turn about 5% of the actual movement

LMR TopSecret
15-10-2017, 19:03
Don't look at the wheel while turning mate. Your focal points should be the apex on corner entry and straight, far ahead on corner exits.

I think his point is, he is very observant to whats in front of him and its off putting. Im guilty to watching scenery or anything that would distract me, but its doesnt stop me from being fast or inconsistent. But it could be off putting or disorienting watching the wheels motion be off to your pad turning when in cockpit.

llE mc2
15-10-2017, 19:59
if the on-screen wheel is rotated 30 degrees to the left but your actually applying 100 degrees of rotation to the left, how can that possibly make sense?
this is my point, its like the on-screen wheel is lying to you, showing you that you are turning the wheel 30 degrees when in reality your turning it 100 degrees.
if you dont understand this then you dont understand real life driving/racing.
i want to know exactly how much im turning the wheel so i can know if im turning it too much or too little for a given corner.

ApeXShaver
16-10-2017, 23:09
Also I know him and he is a guy who we used to play assetto Corsa with all the time. He would run with a controller and I ran with the wheel I have a TX. Unfortunately my TX broke at the same time almost to the day that I got project cars 2 so I've been using the controller as well. Assetto Corsa has it and it works really well he was competitive with me and even actually started beating me quite a bit overtime with a controller and a big part of it was that he had the full rotation. With a wheel that's one of my biggest gripes about Forza - I hate Forza because of their stupid 180 degree animations (even with a wheel!). Project cars is better than that and this should be a priority. I see that Ian Bell got involved and I think that's amazing that you guys are listening to what's being said here that's really set you guys apart, keep up the good work!

kevin kirk
17-10-2017, 04:46

well you see the wheel whether your looking at it or not. The same way you watch your revs lights without actually looking right at them.

llE mc2
17-10-2017, 08:16
exactly kevin, now imagine how strange it would be if the rpms in your tach gauge were not in sync with the engine sound, thats a perfect analogy.

kevin kirk
17-10-2017, 16:27
exactly kevin, now imagine how strange it would be if the rpms in your tach gauge were not in sync with the engine sound, thats a perfect analogy.

...I feel ya

S3mj0n
21-10-2017, 17:51
It would be only a visual change imo. The steering sens is the same only the visual wheel turns more. Maybe add a option to adjust how much visual rotation you want? That would be great and add more imersion. Great to see that the devs replied.

cotcodacunu
22-10-2017, 00:56
The Honda concept 2&4 already has the 180 degree animation working with the pad :) I also think I saw another track day car with 180 degree animation, but can't remember now

ProCorvette73
27-10-2017, 13:09
If you plan on playing this game enough my friend, I recommend that you should consider buying a wheel setup.

Roushman624
27-10-2017, 14:46
I'm not okay with it and I would kill to see it changed... thank you for bringing this us.

Roushman624
27-10-2017, 14:47
The Honda concept 2&4 already has the 180 degree animation working with the pad :) I also think I saw another track day car with 180 degree animation, but can't remember now

So we should have it for all cars!

Roushman624
27-10-2017, 14:59
Please change it for us SMS.. if assetto can do it you can too.

Roushman624
28-10-2017, 03:35
maybe someone on the xbox one can test the honda project 2&4 with the gamepad to see if it also has the full animation?
i dont have this car so i cant do it myself.
I have it and yes it does do full animation. It's very nice and I would hope all cars would have full animation...:(

Eric Everfast
28-10-2017, 05:51
I think his point is, he is very observant to what’s in front of him and it’s off putting. I’m guilty to watching scenery or anything that would distract me, but it’s doesnt stop me from being fast or inconsistent. But it could be off putting or disorienting watching the wheels motion be off to your pad turning when in cockpit.

I'm a little late to reply to people here; didn't notice that this thread was still active lately.

I could see how it could be disorienting as the wheel is in your peripheral vision at all times but steering is more about the feel than it is about referring to how much your wheel is rotated. This prompts a discussion on how good the ffb for the controller is. When I'm hitting an apex, I'm concerned about understeer/oversteer and adjust my steering accordingly. Through long sweeping corners, the load on the outside tires determine how much steering input I give the car. I'm sure all of you can relate.

In other words, the vehicle dynamics determine how much steering input is needed and the degree of rotation is the result. The way llE mc2 phrased it in the original post is that wheel rotation is a key reference to handling the car optimally - it's more consequential than anything else. If you were to jump in a car with a steering sensitivity that's considerably different than what you're used to, you're not going to refer to how much rotation is needed, you're going to adjust your inputs according to how the car behaves.

Anyways, I'm veering off. The thread is about fixing the animation; I'm definitely not against that.

Also: I'm positive that if the OP would forget about what the wheel is doing and focus more on what's ahead, that he would be shaving some time off his laps. Not trying to be condescending, just some advice.

Eric Everfast
28-10-2017, 06:23
if you dont understand this then you dont understand real life driving/racing.

Well... I don't race cars professionally nor do I claim to be an expert on the subject. However, I do race karts at an amateur level and drive everyday. I'll just chalk it up to us having vastly different styles.

llE mc2
28-10-2017, 21:25
eric, the controller has no ffb at all because the left analog stick moves the steering wheel.
thats why the position of the wheel becomes more important, combined with tire squeal and controller vibrations, to know how much steering input is optimal for a corner.
however you are correct that the position of the wheel is a result of ffb, not the other way around, but us controller guys dont have the luxury of ffb.
i hope that made sense, i think it did lol.

Roushman624
28-10-2017, 23:12
eric, the controller has no ffb at all because the left analog stick moves the steering wheel.
thats why the position of the wheel becomes more important, combined with tire squeal and controller vibrations, to know how much steering input is optimal for a corner.
however you are correct that the position of the wheel is a result of ffb, not the other way around, but us controller guys dont have the luxury of ffb.
i hope that made sense, i think it did lol.
^this

llE mc2
29-10-2017, 08:23
If you plan on playing this game enough my friend, I recommend that you should consider buying a wheel setup.

i know this sounds crazy but i actually prefer the controller to the wheel/pedals.
maybe 20 years of using a controller to drive a virtual car has something to do with it, who knows....
and triggers at your finger tips for gas and brake is definitely better than pedals under your feet, especially with the triggers having vibrations that communicate feedback. triggers offer so much more precision.

Roger Prynne
29-10-2017, 08:50
i know this sounds crazy but i actually prefer the controller to the wheel/pedals.
maybe 20 years of using a controller to drive a virtual car has something to do with it, who knows....
and triggers at your finger tips for gas and brake is definitely better than pedals under your feet, especially with the triggers having vibrations that communicate feedback. triggers offer so much more precision.

Have you actually tried playing with a wheel?

Roushman624
29-10-2017, 13:45
Playing with a wheel is great but I currently live in Japan and space is not on my side. I would love for 180 degree steering to be implemented for controllers...

llE mc2
29-10-2017, 17:03
roger, yes i have, thrustmaster tx, overall i still prefer controller.
i mean if the analog stick had force feedback that would be the ultimate input device, i feel.

llE mc2
29-10-2017, 17:12
Playing with a wheel is great but I currently live in Japan and space is not on my side. I would love for 180 degree steering to be implemented for controllers...

just to be clear, we already have the generic 180 animation, what we want is the full animation which would be anywhere from 360 to 900 degrees of rotation depending on the car in question.
for example, i would not expect an F1 car to have 900 degrees of rotation because in real life they only have about 360.

Roushman624
29-10-2017, 23:14
just to be clear, we already have the generic 180 animation, what we want is the full animation which would be anywhere from 360 to 900 degrees of rotation depending on the car in question.
for example, i would not expect an F1 car to have 900 degrees of rotation because in real life they only have about 360.
What I want is just the full animation that wheel users get. I hate that my thumb stick goes all the way one direction but the steering wheel won't do the same at all.

llE mc2
08-12-2017, 02:37
well............. still have the same generic 180 degree wheel animation after this update......

really thought it would be there.

kevin kirk
08-12-2017, 05:15
well............. still have the same generic 180 degree wheel animation after this update......

I to thought that was coming. Post #23 shows Ian telling them to work on it so I guess they just ignored him.

Roushman624
08-12-2017, 05:22
I to thought that was coming. Post #23 shows Ian telling them to work on it so I guess they just ignored him.
Let's hope we get an official response from SMS because I'm dying to have it in the game!

llE mc2
08-12-2017, 05:22
somehow i knew this whole player to dev direct feedback thing was too good to be true, but i was ready to be surprised, my mistake lol.

the more things change the more they stay the same.

Roushman624
08-12-2017, 05:28
somehow i knew this whole player to dev direct feedback thing was too good to be true, but i was ready to be surprised, my mistake lol.

the more things change the more they stay the same.
Im sure Ian will give us an official response soon about this because I feel since other sims have it that it should be the standard...

llE mc2
08-12-2017, 08:53
dont hold your breath, just cause its important to us doesnt mean its important to them.

Roushman624
08-12-2017, 08:55
I want to hear what Ian has to say about it.

llE mc2
08-12-2017, 09:06
well dont just put it all on 1 person, im sure there are many factors as to why things go the way they go.
it didnt happen this time, maybe it will never happen, who knows at this point.

RookieRaceline
08-12-2017, 09:11
I think it's on the list. I'll check

EDIT: Done!

:eek::eek::eek: There is a LIST!!!
It's The Holy Grail!!!

Added to the "Polish" Tab....

And it has a "Polish" tab!!

Roger Prynne
08-12-2017, 09:16

They don't ignore him believe me.... it's just not in this patch is all.

llE mc2
08-12-2017, 09:16
not sure what the point of that last post above me was, but lets keep things respectable please.

Roushman624
08-12-2017, 09:30

I do believe it could come in a later patch or even the next one. I think they could have the option to have it or not and to be able to customize it like in AC. AC does it very well and I can control cars very easy with gamepad.

RookieRaceline
08-12-2017, 09:37
The way i read Ians post, they already adjusted the animation, but slighlty over did it, so they need to back track and add a little more rotation than they have removed.

Roushman624
08-12-2017, 09:45
The way i read Ians post, they already adjusted the animation, but slighlty over did it, so they need to back track and add a little more rotation than they have removed.
I don't feel like they adjusted it at all lol.

llE mc2
08-12-2017, 09:58
with regard to the steering wheel animation in cockpit view for controller users, nothing has changed, just to be very clear.

tarbat
08-12-2017, 11:16
I was driving the Honda 2&4 yesterday with control pad (before switching to wheel today), and was seeing full >360 animation on the wheel on helmet cam view. Is this maybe car dependent?

Roushman624
08-12-2017, 11:28
I was driving the Honda 2&4 yesterday with control pad (before switching to wheel today), and was seeing full >360 animation on the wheel on helmet cam view. Is this maybe car dependent?
No that is the only car with it unfortunately... I enjoy driving that car a lot because it does have full steering animation... they obviously can do it so I don't understand why it's not there for every car.

kevin kirk
08-12-2017, 16:50
......I understand these patches are huge. maybe next time.

kevin kirk
08-12-2017, 17:06
not sure what the point of that last post above me was, but lets keep things respectable please.
No drama was intended to be in the post so please don't try to add drama to it.

llE mc2
08-12-2017, 18:39
:eek::eek::eek: There is a LIST!!!
It's The Holy Grail!!!

And it has a "Polish" tab!!

then wtf was all this about?

lets just keep to the topic on hand, dont ruin my thread.

kevin kirk
08-12-2017, 19:26
then wtf was all this about?

lets just keep to the topic on hand, dont ruin my thread.

...That's not my post nor is it the one above yours mentioned in your above comments. I think this is just a misunderstanding. No one is trying to be disrespectful or trying to ruin your thread. Lets move on

llE mc2
08-12-2017, 20:43
again, its not about the game looking pretty, its about driving the car properly with the controller because we can literally see how much steering input we are putting into the wheel.

Roushman624
08-12-2017, 22:31
again, its not about the game looking pretty, its about driving the car properly with the controller because we can literally see how much steering input we are putting into the wheel.

All we can do is really wait for a response from SMS.

Roushman624
09-12-2017, 00:12
I try to keep my steering ration on all cars down to the minimum to try and get a feel of full steering but it's still not good at all.

llE mc2
09-12-2017, 01:14
roushman, SMS does not owe us a response, in fact they dont owe us anything.
i just post here so that my voice and opinion is heard, thats all.

Roushman624
09-12-2017, 01:23
roushman, SMS does not owe us a response, in fact they dont owe us anything.
i just post here so that my voice and opinion is heard, thats all.

I never said they owe us anything. You're the one getting worked up over this thing man. Like I said all we can do is wait and see.

llE mc2
10-12-2017, 10:00
well yeah i've been waiting for weeks so i must admit i am a bit disappointed.
luckily i have played Forza for years so i am used to disappointment.

Zaskarspants
10-12-2017, 10:10
Iirc, Ian Bell explained that this will be in patch 4 and apologized for it not being in patch 3.

Roushman624
10-12-2017, 10:26
Iirc, Ian Bell explained that this will be in patch 4 and apologized for it not being in patch 3.

Do you have a link? That's awesome!

Zaskarspants
10-12-2017, 10:35
This is not the post I recall but this is from earlier in the thread explaining it will be adjusted.

Ian Bell - "Good points here. We softened the pad based animation on the wheel as the lock to lock movements were fairly crazy for some. I do think we should go a little more in between where we are now though.

Mods, pass that to the team. I think we've muted pad based steering anims a little too much."

Roushman624
10-12-2017, 10:50
This is not the post I recall but this is from earlier in the thread explaining it will be adjusted.

Ian Bell - "Good points here. We softened the pad based animation on the wheel as the lock to lock movements were fairly crazy for some. I do think we should go a little more in between where we are now though.

Mods, pass that to the team. I think we've muted pad based steering anims a little too much."
I'm just wondering if they will be able to give us full animations. I love that about AC.

llE mc2
10-12-2017, 19:56
this was from way before patch 3.0 came out, in fact it was just before patch 2.0 came out.
trust me i remember.
so as far as i know there has been no mention of this again from SMS since then.

Roushman624
11-12-2017, 23:45
Here is a screenshot on AC of me using full steering and it's just a great experience in the new RSR. Assetto still holds up beautifully and the full steering animations are something I know PC2 needs.

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 01:10
Is this possibly a breakthrough and we may finally get the full steering animations we long for??? Please be so...

Ian Bell
12-12-2017, 01:20
Is this possibly a breakthrough and we may finally get the full steering animations we long for??? Please be so...

The animation are actually indicative of the input you're getting at that point. As I say we run some filters on pad to make things controllable and one of those is to limit lock available at speed. What I 'think' you want is for us to fake more input range and we can certainly do it (we did it with Shift) but it felt a bit disingenuous in a sim.

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 01:25
The animation are actually indicative of the input you're getting at that point. As I say we run some filters on pad to make things controllable and one of those is to limit lock available at speed. What I 'think' you want is for us to fake more input range and we can certainly do it (we did it with Shift) but it felt a bit disingenuous in a sim.
Could we try it in next patch as maybe like a trial? We could provide feedback on how it is and everything!

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 01:30
Being on controller we don't get the full sim package anyway and it would be more believable in our eyes.

Ian Bell
12-12-2017, 01:38
Could we try it in next patch as maybe like a trial? We could provide feedback on how it is and everything!

I think we'd need a LOT more people asking for it...

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 01:52

This thread is a lot of people... why couldn't we have an option to turn it on or off?

Ian Bell
12-12-2017, 01:53
This thread is a lot of people... why couldn't we have an option to turn it on or off?

There aren't a lot of people asking for faked animations. What you have is the real degree of input shown. I'll happily keep an eye on this thread though.

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 01:54
There aren't a lot of people asking for faked animations. What you have is the real degree of input shown. I'll happily keep an eye on this thread though.

What I want is real animations but you seem to not want to give us that. If the best I can get is faked animations that's what I'll gladly take...

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 01:56
The animations are already there for pad users because the 2&4 has it and I'm currently driving it now..:

Ian Bell
12-12-2017, 02:01
The animations are already there for pad users because the 2&4 has it and I'm currently driving it now..:

We probably missed the tag on that and it's running decoupled anims. I'll await more input as I say. This thread is busy but 75% of it is you :)

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 02:02
We probably missed the tag on that and it's running decoupled anims. I'll await more input as I say. This thread is busy but 75% of it is you :)

Okay... thank you for at least listening..

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 05:24
Also I know him and he is a guy who we used to play assetto Corsa with all the time. He would run with a controller and I ran with the wheel I have a TX. Unfortunately my TX broke at the same time almost to the day that I got project cars 2 so I've been using the controller as well. Assetto Corsa has it and it works really well he was competitive with me and even actually started beating me quite a bit overtime with a controller and a big part of it was that he had the full rotation. With a wheel that's one of my biggest gripes about Forza - I hate Forza because of their stupid 180 degree animations (even with a wheel!). Project cars is better than that and this should be a priority. I see that Ian Bell got involved and I think that's amazing that you guys are listening to what's being said here that's really set you guys apart, keep up the good work!

We won't have it changed unless we get enough support Ian said.

B7ake
12-12-2017, 06:03

Hey Ian!

If you guys decide to implement full steering animations it will just lift immersion few levels up.

Adding it in options menu and making it adjustable by players likings is big +.

If you guys look at list of mods for your previous games you will notice that people were demanding such option ever since Shift 1 game, where we ended with driver removal from cockpit to make it possible. For me myself having same amount of turns lock-to-lock for specific car in game as you would have in real car is huge addition to driving experience.

I have to say You guys did great job with pcars 1 and even better with pcars 2, game has more options than ever before to play with.

The more options you give us to customize our gaming experience the better.

Good job so far guys and keep it up that way !

Cheers!

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 06:36
Hey Ian!

If you guys decide to implement full steering animations it will just lift immersion few levels up.

Adding it in options menu and making it adjustable by players likings is big +.

If you guys look at list of mods for your previous games you will notice that people were demanding such option ever since Shift 1 game, where we ended with driver removal from cockpit to make it possible. For me myself having same amount of turns lock-to-lock for specific car in game as you would have in real car is huge addition to driving experience.

I have to say You guys did great job with pcars 1 and even better with pcars 2, game has more options than ever before to play with.

The more options you give us to customize our gaming experience the better.

Good job so far guys and keep it up that way !

Cheers!
This person gets it!

Bealdor
12-12-2017, 06:47
Just that I understand this right.
You want the ingame wheel to visually always turn to max steering lock when pushing the thumbsticks to the max, although the cars are NOT actually applying full steering lock because of speed sensitivity/gamepad filtering settings?
Is this correct?

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 07:19
Just that I understand this right.
You want the ingame wheel to visually always turn to max steering lock when pushing the thumbsticks to the max, although the cars are NOT actually applying full steering lock because of speed sensitivity/gamepad filtering settings?
Is this correct?

Look I know you guys don't want to replicate AC but their rotation settings are very good. All I'm saying is try to balance it where we can maybe customize it to our liking. The 2&4 has it and to be honest that's the only reason it's the most enjoyable car for me to drive. A lot of people don't want it but also a lot of people do want it. I say we give both sides what they want so why not an option to have it on and off. Ian said it they felt it wasn't right to have it in a "sim" game, but I feel having my steering wheel only turning a tiny amount isn't very "sim" at all... like others have said it would add a new level of immersion for us tiny gamepad users.

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 07:21
It's not a small issue to wheel owners because you have a wheel but I guarantee you switch to pad and you will miss it greatly...

Bealdor
12-12-2017, 07:22
Look I know you guys don't want to replicate AC but their rotation settings are very good. All I'm saying is try to balance it where we can maybe customize it to our liking. The 2&4 has it and to be honest that's the only reason it's the most enjoyable car for me to drive. A lot of people don't want it but also a lot of people do want it. I say we give both sides what they want so why not an option to have it on and off. Ian said it they felt it wasn't right to have it in a "sim" game, but I feel having my steering wheel only turning a tiny amount isn't very "sim" at all... like others have said it would add a new level of immersion for us tiny gamepad users.

Is that a yes to my question?

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 07:29
Is that a yes to my question?

What I think we really want is full lock to lock with the pad with full animation but you can customize it to your preferences. For example you can dampen the ratio to turn so it won't be as twitchy and it will be a smooth rotation but if you want to catch the wheel it still shows the full animations.

Roushman624
12-12-2017, 10:06
I don't even care anymore. Try to make a game better and it's not a minority. You didn't even give it a chance. Go ahead and give me all the infractions you want. I'm done defending SMS.

Ian Bell
12-12-2017, 10:17
No one backed you up, despite your 4 threads and 57 posts on the matter.

More said they wouldn't want it.

We don't need your 'defence' thanks.