PDA

View Full Version : Different wheel settings per car?

Rubensgt40
26-09-2017, 01:00
Ahoy all

I've spent a bit of time with settings and I presume PC2 doesn't have this feature- that is, to load different settings instantly (FFB, menu buttons etc) for different cars and wheels. I've got the Fanatec gear and change between GT wheel and Formula rim and different cars need different button functions sometimes, not to mention the buttons are different between each wheel, The game interprets as best it can which buttons do what when you loaded them on the other wheel but they're not the same.

If this feature doesn't exist, might be a good idea for an update? If it does , someone point me in the right direction :)

Cheeers

Mahjik
26-09-2017, 01:05
What platform (PC, PS4, XB1) are you using?

Rubensgt40
07-10-2017, 03:35
What platform (PC, PS4, XB1) are you using?

Thanks for jumping in Mahjik
I'm on PC, Win 10.

Mahjik
07-10-2017, 03:39
Rubensgt40,

Unfortunately, there is no native way to do this today. The reason I asked about your platform, is that on the PC you can work around it by saving off your controller configuration file (i.e. have two of them that you copy the one in place you want to use before starting up). It's not pretty, but it might work for you.

kparkin
07-10-2017, 08:30
Rubensgt40,

Unfortunately, there is no native way to do this today. The reason I asked about your platform, is that on the PC you can work around it by saving off your controller configuration file (i.e. have two of them that you copy the one in place you want to use before starting up). It's not pretty, but it might work for you.

This does work, but as you say it is not pretty and should you wish to change wheels whilst the game is running it needs to be shut down first.

Any chance that this will be added any time soon?