PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] Won race, was given last place?!

JoshTheGeologist
26-09-2017, 02:11
I love this game, but man did this make me angry today. I just bought a wheel yesterday and I've been working hard to get better with it. This morning, I was racing at one track with damage off (because I am still getting used to the wheel). I qualified first but I couldn't win the race because I kept messing up with the wheel. After I got home from class and finished all my work, I tried again. I made some mistakes, still getting used to the wheel, but I was able to still win! I was pretty happy about it considering when I got it yesterday all I did was wreck every 3 feet...

So, I won the race and cruised around the track on the cool down lap. After a pitiful attempt to do burnouts (I have traction control on) I entered pit road... and apparently I am last?! I don't know if it's because I entered pit road backwards or because they entered pit road first, but suddenly I finish 26th, and not first.

I win at 9:20. The incident occurs at 13:29 and the results are displayed at 13:48.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK0dW07eOpM

Seriously? I mean it wasn't much, but I was proud how quickly I'm growing with my wheel, and it gets taken away from me :/

RacingAtHome
26-09-2017, 02:17
You did enter pit lane the wrong way round. I'd say that would be a probable reason.

JoshTheGeologist
26-09-2017, 02:28
You did enter pit lane the wrong way round. I'd say that would be a probable reason.

I know... but how does that suddenly make me go from winning to finishing p26? Look at the finishing times, I was not issued a time penalty or anything.

Shogun613
26-09-2017, 04:46
Yeah, when you entered the pits through the exit, I think you got DQ'd.

Edit: You were definitely DQ'd. As you hit the line, that quick red flash was the Disqualification message.

GT_Racing
26-09-2017, 10:21
I lol'd so hard to this thread and i dont even know why. Why did OP drive down pit lane backwards?

takaii
26-09-2017, 10:31
I manage to pause and print screen the message!

Actually why did you even do that in first place? Act like its GTA lol xD
Why would you only get time penelty from entering pits the wrong way? That would be to kind xD Its a sim in many aspect so ofc it wont allow that

JoshTheGeologist
26-09-2017, 11:48
It didn't cross my mind tbh. I figured it was no big deal bc the race was over. Thanks for screenshotting it, I truly never saw it

JoshTheGeologist
26-09-2017, 11:51
I'm embarrassed haha. I didn't think it mattered haha. Thanks for the help

rosko
26-09-2017, 12:24
lesson learnt. ;)

Zenzic
26-09-2017, 12:47
Thanks for the laugh, Josh! Nice change from all serious bug threads. :D

FS7
26-09-2017, 14:53
There are a few instances where stewards point the drivers to enter the pits the wrong way after the race ends (eg: Spa in F1) but aside from those few exceptions I'm pretty sure entering the pits from the wrong way gets you disqualified in every motorsport discipline in the world.