PDA

View Full Version : Is trial version for PC coming?

hardlock
26-09-2017, 02:59
After reading all the reviews of pCARs-2 on the Steam site, wondering if anyone knows if a trial versions coming or available like there is for P1? Want to make sure it runs ok on my system before committing the $. Thanks!

ctzn
26-09-2017, 03:11
You can always refund on Steam if you don't like it or can't run it properly.

You have two hours play time/14 days to decide.

hardlock
26-09-2017, 07:28
Good to know, thanks! My problem is it takes me an entire campaign to just fine-tune a car. Some drive so bad "off the lot" they're useless. Would hate to miss-judge a potentially great game from having to rush through it. Either way will keep following the posts for reviews.

Sankyo
26-09-2017, 07:42
A demo will very probably not become available. Whether a limited, free, branded version will come, no-one knows. Ditto for a free-to-play weekend.

Out of interest, what is your comment "Some drive so bad "off the lot" they're useless" based on?

hardlock
26-09-2017, 09:58
Many cars have default settings that are questionable IMHO. I had even given up on some but later found them to be favorites once tweaked into shape. Tons of good info here on that sort of thing in the set-up dept.

For example, one of the karts (can't remember which now) could not be steered straight down the track at speed without constant corrections using the stock settings. After searching the forum, I found the solution was just changing the settings backward on the sway bars!

Another example are the RUFs with spin outs. One fix may have been for the GT3 RUF that needed more weight distribution to the rear maybe? Spent hours tweaking them and ended with some that not only could compete but win races.

I probably should put together a spread sheet or something on all the tunings as a lot is just from trial and error that I'll never remember. :p

Roger Prynne
26-09-2017, 10:00
Good to know, thanks! My problem is it takes me an entire campaign to just fine-tune a car. Some drive so bad "off the lot" they're useless. Would hate to miss-judge a potentially great game from having to rush through it. Either way will keep following the posts for reviews.

Try custom race instead.