PDA

View Full Version : HUD Layout settings not saving on PS4

treet246
26-09-2017, 03:14
HUD layout settings doesn't save on PS4

treet246
26-09-2017, 04:40
Works when you change from the race settings menu, doesn't work from the options menu within a race session

desmosabie
26-09-2017, 04:43
me either, did in multiplayer but not in career mode.

Civic
26-09-2017, 10:41
There is a workaround.

In the HUD editor

Press R2 to bring up the message menu
Press right direction to focus on a menu item
Press X to select the menu item, if the relevant message appears you will be able to save
Press L2 and now you can move any element and save your settings.

treet246
27-09-2017, 02:40
There is a workaround.

In the HUD editor

Press R2 to bring up the message menu
Press right direction to focus on a menu item
Press X to select the menu item, if the relevant message appears you will be able to save
Press L2 and now you can move any element and save your settings.

Thanks will give a try

Patrickb1973
27-09-2017, 02:45
Hud layout currently only saves right when you choose for the lite hud layout not the full layout, for some reason the full hud layout gets reset to default when you restart the game, the lite hud layout save stays in tact.

hkraft300
27-09-2017, 02:48
Hud layout currently only saves right when you choose for the lite hud layout not the full layout, for some reason the full hud layout gets reset to default when you restart the game, the lite hud layout save stays in tact.

This happens to me but just for the virtual mirror.
Whatever I edit the full HUD to also saves for me but the virtual rear view mirror won't stay in full HUD if I scroll the HUD.

Paulpg87
27-09-2017, 12:54
With a wheel it works. You have to turn on the pad. modify things in the layout accessing to option during race. save. turn-off pad. ok with the wheel.

hkraft300
27-09-2017, 14:57
Ye I did this so now in the "light" hud the little stays on. I turn it on for the full HUD too but the full HUD virtual mirror disappears if I scroll. The light HUD mirror stays on.

SinceEighty3
27-09-2017, 16:50
Maybe related to this or maybe a separate issue:

The setting for "show lap info" will not stick in Gameplay options. I set this to "default" so the lap times box will be present except when hud is off, but it changes randomly. Looking in the options menu, it sometimes gets set to "On", other times to "Off" entirely.

Might be tied to the button mapped for cycling lap time deltas (I use D-pad right). One time I could get the lap info box to appear and disappear on every 4th press of this button, even when the Gameplay option for show lap times was set to Off.

Note that the lap time box is never supposed to show up on the Telemetry screen, per description of this option, but for me it does. I'll post screenshots when possible.